Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Team Pinas, asa pa tayo sa ibang bansa manalo.

Your cynical view is noted but there are also people who think that Gilas with its present and future talent can become an Asian power again and a world beater. You probably didn't watch the 2014 FIBA-Worlds for you to have this cynical and warped view.

Your cynical view is noted but there are also people who think that Gilas with its present and future talent can become an Asian power again and a world beater. You probably didn't watch the 2014 FIBA-Worlds for you to have this cynical and warped view.

Honestly, I didn't seen the 2014 FIBA because what would I expect? Another lose. Well, if you think that I have a cynical attitude, that's fine 😁 I still don't have my hopes for our national team. If they could be the next champs this following season, it might somehow change my view 🙃

Honestly, I didn't seen the 2014 FIBA because what would I expect? Another lose. Well, if you think that I have a cynical attitude, that's fine I still don't have my hopes for our national team. If they could be the next champs this following season, it might somehow change my view

Hence, your cynical and warped view.

Why? Is the gold you are referring to? It would be deluded to think of the gold at this point but what I know is we are the only Asian country in FIBA-World history to get a medal.

Yes, gold. Even at the present and the years to come, we can't because other nationalities have a huge advantage over us. One could be their physical aspects. Moreover, the game in the past was not extreme as today that's why we're able to gain a medal.

🤾⛹️🏀

Yes, gold. Even at the present and the years to come, we can't because other nationalities have a huge advantage over us. One could be their physical aspects. Moreover, the game in the past was not extreme as today that's why we're able to gain a medal.

⛹️

You are the only one I know who aspires for a gold in the Worlds. Do you think other Asian or Oceania teams can win the gold? We are the only Asian country to have won a medal in the Worlds. Be contented with that.

Say what? Extreme? What extreme are you talking about? Did you watch Caloy Loyzaga and company when they battled against Bill Russel and the US? I mean if you did, I really wanna hear it. It seems you know something about 50s basketball that we don't.

Edited by will robie

You are the only one I know who aspires for a gold in the Worlds. Do you think other Asian or Oceania teams can win the gold? We are the only Asian country to have won a medal in the Worlds. Be contented with that.

Say what? Extreme? What extreme are you talking about? Did you watch Caloy Loyzaga and company when they battled against Bill Russel and the US? I mean if you did, I really wanna hear it. It seems you know something about 50s basketball that we don't.

Yep, there's something on that gold Alright but for me, that shiny thing

I never watched a game during the early days of basketball in our country but I could feel that there is a huge difference between the past and present What I'm referring to as extreme are the skills of the players ⛹️

Yep, there's something on that gold Alright but for me, that shiny thing

I never watched a game during the early days of basketball in our country but I could feel that there is a huge difference between the past and present What I'm referring to as extreme are the skills of the players ⛹️

Our players are skilled It's just that the Gilas that went to the Worlds was formed abruptly. You can wish all you want but we won't win a bronze in the next decade, let alone a gold in the Worlds. I am more concerned of winning the gold in the FIBA-Asia. So what exactly is the huge difference between the past and the present?

Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 1

Sa tingin ko kahit anong team pa ang mabuo for national team, kahit sinong mga players pa ang mapasama dyan at kahit sino pang coach ang mapili ay wala ding mangyayari at olats pa din yan hanggat walang maayos na sistema ang SBP at walang enough na preparation. It will always be influenced by advertisement, commercialization and will benefit the few companies. Palakasan pa din mangyayari. Palakasan kung sinong kukuning players. Palakasan kung sinong magbebenefit sa sales. Bwisit talaga ang politics sa Pinas.

Sa tingin ko kahit anong team pa ang mabuo for national team, kahit sinong mga players pa ang mapasama dyan at kahit sino pang coach ang mapili ay wala ding mangyayari at olats pa din yan hanggat walang maayos na sistema ang SBP at walang enough na preparation. It will always be influenced by advertisement, commercialization and will benefit the few companies. Palakasan pa din mangyayari. Palakasan kung sinong kukuning players. Palakasan kung sinong magbebenefit sa sales. Bwisit talaga ang politics sa Pinas.

agree

pero pwdeng simulant sa tamang pagpili ng coach at magandang programa sa phil basketball para maitaas natin sa antas na top 10 tayo sa world.

Simula't sapol ng Gilas Program ang naririnig na nating complain is yung lack of time for preparation and training with the exemption of the Gilas 1 lahat na kapos sa oras. IMO, if this is addressed properly a better result/placing is within grasp. Puede magbayad ng pinaka magaling na Coach sa US o EU to coach Gilas, kumuha ng magaling na Naturalized player para sa Gilas and the best PBA players to be released by their mother ball club to Gilas; pero hinde naman makakapag practice ng matagal, wala din mangyayari.

I have been catching up with college basketball and I can certainly say the future looks bright for our national team. We have taller and talented wing players in Kobe Paras, Dave Ildefonso, Javi Gomez De Liano, Thirdy Ravena, William Navarro and Calvin Oftana, and in my opnion these guys can are better than the guys who are currently in our national team namely Pogoy and Lee. As for the guards I think Juan Gomez De Liano, Rhenz Abando, Rey Suerte, Dalph Panopio and of course Remy Martin would make a good pool of players to man our 1 and 2 positions. And I am really intrigue in the development of your bigs in Kai Sotto, AJ Edu, Carl Tamayo and Justine Baltazar. And who knows maybe we might suddenly find ourselves a fil foreigner or two with who can impact the make up of our NT like Rui Hachimura who is/are eligible to represent the Philippines come 2023.

Simula't sapol ng Gilas Program ang naririnig na nating complain is yung lack of time for preparation and training with the exemption of the Gilas 1 lahat na kapos sa oras. IMO, if this is addressed properly a better result/placing is within grasp. Puede magbayad ng pinaka magaling na Coach sa US o EU to coach Gilas, kumuha ng magaling na Naturalized player para sa Gilas and the best PBA players to be released by their mother ball club to Gilas; pero hinde naman makakapag practice ng matagal, wala din mangyayari.

Preparation is the KEY from the 'right' coach - Blatt/Baldwin or both (why NOT?)

Then, we are REALLY serious about Philippine basketball and competing in the next 5 years and the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Sana they will develop the basketball formula of danding cojuangco... kumuha ng top players sa collegiate ranks form a team... have them play together under a good coach...

Add them to the pba and pay them like pba players

The pay them like pba players has to be the determining factor. They tried this with gilas 1. They teied it with cadets. Pero if there is more money to be made, the players will transition

My take is that the PBA transition fully to fiba play. Get rid of the NBA mentality. Then have Euro guest teams every conference. That way players adjust to the height and length and speed of Euro players.

Our players are skilled It's just that the Gilas that went to the Worlds was formed abruptly. You can wish all you want but we won't win a bronze in the next decade, let alone a gold in the Worlds. I am more concerned of winning the gold in the FIBA-Asia. So what exactly is the huge difference between the past and the present?

Banned?

No difference because the past and present are both losers. Not only in sports, but all 🤣

• 1 month later...