Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

---

Well ... Not that tough as before ... This has become somewhat of a "second" level tournament ...

That's the thing, 2nd level tournament na nga lang but our all-pro squad did not fared well enough..

madami na din kse nasali na magagaling na bansa like Australia dun sa Jones Cup unlike before na maski isang team sa PBA

padala mo dun champion pa din....pero magandang exposure para as Gilas yung ganon league

I think what SG ought to do since well-funded naman sila ni mvp (including of course the salaries of the players of the coaching staff) is go to Europe or U.S. play in some tournaments (kung papayagan sila) or even exhibition matches there. Also, sila na dapat ang mag-represent sa Pinas sa SEABA..

Edited by Agent_mulder

wala namang restriction sa ABL kung ilan pedeng kasali per country.... yung indonesia nga will have another team eventually... its a pro league din so the reason bakit isa lang per country as of now eh kasi sila pa lang me budget para sumali... magastos din kasi i maintain yung team tapos konti pa lang sponsors now...

on overseas tournaments.... ganun naman plans nila... me naka line up na nga this december sa europe eh... at me mga iba pa... pati seaba and other tournament eh sila na now mag re represent....

wala namang restriction sa ABL kung ilan pedeng kasali per country.... yung indonesia nga will have another team eventually... its a pro league din so the reason bakit isa lang per country as of now eh kasi sila pa lang me budget para sumali... magastos din kasi i maintain yung team tapos konti pa lang sponsors now...

on overseas tournaments.... ganun naman plans nila... me naka line up na nga this december sa europe eh... at me mga iba pa... pati seaba and other tournament eh sila na now mag re represent....

'Yun naman pala, kung budget lang din meron sila dahil well-financed naman sila ni mvp. It might be a pro league but the level of competition is really not much to be desired.

yun naman pala may exposure pala sila outside the country so lets just wait and see kung may improvement na magaganap,baka sakaling maging kasing lupet na ni LBJ si Rabeh....hehehe

Kung sa Europe sila magko-compete there will surely be a lot of improvements dahil they would be playing against players that are not only taller and heftier but are also faster than them. Rabeh maging kasing-lupit ni LBJ? Not in this lifetime hehe.

'Yun naman pala, kung budget lang din meron sila dahil well-financed naman sila ni mvp. It might be a pro league but the level of competition is really not much to be desired.

Kung sa Europe sila magko-compete there will surely be a lot of improvements dahil they would be playing against players that are not only taller and heftier but are also faster than them. Rabeh maging kasing-lupit ni LBJ? Not in this lifetime hehe.

Gilas to play the ABL?

No offense...pero walang ma-gain ang Gilas jan

in fact, more to lose pa nga eh

mababa pa masyado ang level of competition sa ABL

Smart Gilas needs a PURE shooters on their team to loosen the zone defense, sad to say they have none right now that can shoot the lights out of the team. Maybe they can import a couple of PBA players to fill the GAP of their CORE players.

----

Are there any pure shooter in the PBA? The likes of Caidic?? Adornado?? Hubalde?? ...

I doubt ...

Let's see in their next international exposure ... If there are any improvements in their game ..

Gilas to play the ABL?

No offense...pero walang ma-gain ang Gilas jan

in fact, more to lose pa nga eh

mababa pa masyado ang level of competition sa ABL

sabagay...sa Patriots nga lang panis na mga yun

habol na lang nila dun kung sakali exposure sa intl games tsaka

familiarization na din ng team

they need to play more international games para maging competitive...

tsaka tama...more shooters pa

Smart Gilas needs a PURE shooters on their team to loosen the zone defense, sad to say they have none right now that can shoot the lights out of the team. Maybe they can import a couple of PBA players to fill the GAP of their CORE players.

The thing is, the SBP and the PBA can't seem to get their acts together for a common goal, each one is trying to outdo one another sa tingin ko. Pina-pimra ng SG ang mga players na nasa training pool nila which would bind them for 2 to 3 years with SG so ang purpose talaga ng SG is to develope the players in their pool rather than to be beefed-up by some players from the pro league. Magulo kasi pareho ang PBa at SG, alisin na lang nila ang SG sa PBA kung walang bearing mga games nila in order to prevent any possbile injuries which may emanate from those non-bearing games both sa side ng SG at ng mga players sa PBA..

----

Are there any pure shooter in the PBA? The likes of Caidic?? Adornado?? Hubalde?? ...

I doubt ...

Let's see in their next international exposure ... If there are any improvements in their game ..

Sa tingin ko si Ritualo but his height (and even heft) is somewhat of an issue as the coach deemed that he would be defended by players who plays the same position but is much taller (and possibly heftier) than him. Caidic stands aboout 6'3 so he is tall for his position even way back then..

The thing is, the SBP and the PBA can't seem to get their acts together for a common goal, each one is trying to outdo one another sa tingin ko. Pina-pimra ng SG ang mga players na nasa training pool nila which would bind them for 2 to 3 years with SG so ang purpose talaga ng SG is to develope the players in their pool rather than to be beefed-up by some players from the pro league. Magulo kasi pareho ang PBa at SG, alisin na lang nila ang SG sa PBA kung walang bearing mga games nila in order to prevent any possbile injuries which may emanate from those non-bearing games both sa side ng SG at ng mga players sa PBA..

Sa tingin ko si Ritualo but his height (and even heft) is somewhat of an issue as the coach deemed that he would be defended by players who plays the same position but is much taller (and possibly heftier) than him. Caidic stands aboout 6'3 so he is tall for his position even way back then..

on the contrary CAIDIC is listed as 6'2" ... Ritualo is listed at an inch shorter. The current shooting guard of the Gilas team is Tiu and another "shooter" is Casio both standing below 6'

on the contrary CAIDIC is listed as 6'2" ... Ritualo is listed at an inch shorter. The current shooting guard of the Gilas team is Tiu and another "shooter" is Casio both standing below 6'

As you quoted in the post, the word "ABOUT" is mentioned he can be shorter or taller than 6'3 but I would stand-by with what I've said na he stands about 6'3 dahil magkasin-taas sila ni Patrimonio. Ritualo maybe an inch shorter than Caidic but he certainly ain't nowhere near Allan's shooting prowess the same with Tiu and Casio

Edited by Agent_mulder
As you quoted in the post, the word "ABOUT" is mentioned he can be shorter or taller than 6'3 but I would stand-by with what I've said na he stands about 6'3 dahil magkasin-taas sila ni Patrimonio. Ritualo maybe an inch shorter than Caidic but he certainly ain't nowhere near Allan's shooting prowess the same with Tiu and Casio

Ritualo, Tiu and Casio being smaller and not in the same 'level" of caidic in terms of shooting prowess ... NO ARGUMENTS THERE.

Caidic at 6'2" or if you like 6'3" is still small for his position of SG. If you recall the SG of China then are 6'6". The guys just plays BIG because of his talent.

Ritualo, Tiu and Casio being smaller and not in the same 'level" of caidic in terms of shooting prowess ... NO ARGUMENTS THERE.

Caidic at 6'2" or if you like 6'3" is still small for his position of SG. If you recall the SG of China then are 6'6". The guys just plays BIG because of his talent.

imagine 6'6" tapos SG lang nila....baka dito sa ten C na yun or PF

mas ok sana kung may shooting din si Giles para may outside threat din kahit papano

si Casio lang nakikita kong malupet ang shooting sa line-up nila sa ngayon

imagine 6'6" tapos SG lang nila....baka dito sa ten C na yun or PF

mas ok sana kung may shooting din si Giles para may outside threat din kahit papano

si Casio lang nakikita kong malupet ang shooting sa line-up nila sa ngayon

i think Giles has just been cut from the team ... attittude problem daw.

I guess proper "teamwork" and ball movement will be the key ... As long as you could free up the shooter .. Caidic is a natural shooter ... I couldn't think of anyone right now the would be even "half" of his skills ....

Motion offense is what Europeans are good at .. this provides some nice screens to shooters .. and makes more room for the cutters is the middle ...

dapat long term program.. hindi kung kelan sasabak sa laban tsaka lang magpre-prepare.. dapat continious ang program... You start from the youth..

i agree... as a matter of fact, yong qualifying for the world u-16 is ongoing s malaysia... and the philippine team just won a close one with japan.... nag overtime p ng

a long term program is the best way to fix basketball... the quick fix solution just won't cut it... we need people really committed to the program and willing to tough it out... we are gonna get our butts kicked early on, but that's what we need... get our butts kicked, and learn from it!

kaya ng we should start breeding tall players hehehe to match the height and heft of our neighbors....