Depression: How To Deal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

im kinda depress right now. ive been working away from home and im getting homesick. My partner in our group is a dumb ass. Its really hard working with him. I tried telling my boss but he said no one can work with him except me. so, nothing they can do as of this time. I just pray everything will be taken care of real soon....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Take anti-depressants but be wary of its side effects.

not advisable w/o counseling. I lost a very good friend who dealt with her clinical depression w/ just the meds. Besides, you can't get those w/o prescriptions.

Counseling is the way to go. The earlier the better.

BTW, if you feel bad because something wrong happened, that's normal. That doesn't necessarily mean that you're depressed. You may very well be just sad. If you feel bad even if things are going your way, better see a counselor. Chances are, you have depression.

2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

Try nyo Vit.B yung pharex pwede na.. safe at mura.. kasi vit.b nkkpag pa sigla ng katawan.. mg jogging or exercise.. lumapit sa family at mga friend mkpg bonding.. try and try libangin ang sarili.. isipin mo n kaya mo to malampasan.. magiging ayus din ang lahat.. at syempre pinka importante ay pray ng pray dont loose faith and hope.. :D

• 4 weeks later...

* you can’t sleep enough or you sleep too much (I sleep quite late sometimes I don't feel like sleeping at all.)
* you can’t concentrate or find that previously easy tasks are now difficult (I find it hard to do simple tasks now)
* you feel worthless and hopeless (Always has been since elementary. Not really changed since then.)
* you can’t control your negative thoughts, no matter how much you try (Always the lingering thoughts of wanting to destroy the world and pessimism)
* you have lost your appetite or you can’t stop eating (I've been having more than 5 meals a day and I can't stop eating.)
* you are constantly irritated or become enraged even at small things – and this is new for you (I get irritated over small things a lot and it is new for me since I'm acting like a child.)
* you have thoughts that life is not worth living, or have a plan for how you would end it (Seek help immediately if this is the case) (Before I started counselling, I had some thoughts of killing myself ever since I was in elementary, I'm a little better now but I still get those thoughts.)

I'm seeking counselling from a Psychology Masters student so clinically I'm not considered as depressed yet until I really seek professional help but since this post made me realize a few things, I think I should really seek once for my own sake. In addition, I have lost interest to a lot of things over the years that I used to like.

I used to enjoy making and playing video games, as well as making stories, drawing. As time went on, I lost interest in all of them nor do I desire to do them anymore. I feel it in my heart that I still want to do these things but when I try to start things up, it's like my mind tells me to be lazy again, end up going to sites like this or do stuff that aren't related to my interests, thinking that trying is useless because it's a wasted effort. It's just sad that help isn't really cheap for mental illnesses though. I tried looking for psychiatrists that can help but my wallet cannot afford the numerous sessions needed to overcome this situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried religion for a time. When that wasn't enough, I went for advance learning. Paid off naman, I mean I got promoted but didn't really fixed my depression.

I tried things I used to do like hobbies I enjoyed. Then I realized, it wasn't the hobby itself but the people I used to be around with. But of course we all have our own lives now. Don't wanna bother them that much. Don't wanna drag them down with me.

So I went and tried exercise and it works for me. Investing in yourself is always good. Hope this helps someone out there going thru tough times.

I agree with some of the posts, I agree that the word "depressed" "depressive" is a very misused word.

One can say I am very sad or I am very lonely rather than depressed. Depressed is a heavy word.

You have to be clinically diagnosed to say one is depressed. I've always thought for years, until I got myself checked - both psychologist and psychiatrist - The psychiatrist does the diagnosis and one can confirm what he/she has based on how they feel etc.

• 2 weeks later...

You Need Other People

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--QL6KkHzm--/782244396720298565.jpg

Depression is isolating. It actively undermines your relationships and encourages you to break down connections by telling you that people don't care, they don't understand, and you don't need them. The truth is, you do. Because depression makes it difficult to accurately assess your situation, other people's input becomes more important.

The scariest part about depression is that it's in your head. With a cold, you can point to the part of the body that's afflicted. With depression, you can't always know which feelings are based in reality and which are over-reactions. Talking with other people is one of the most important ways you can learn to distinguish between the two.

Talking with other people about your depression is uncomfortable. Some people with it may be lucky enough to have trusted friends who are willing to listen and who understand. Others may not be so fortunate. If you don't have a friend you can talk to (or if they're unable to provide the listening you need), there are always avenues you can explore to find some help. More importantly, there's nothing wrong with doing so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...