Depression: How To Deal

• 2 weeks later...

depression comes when we focus on frustrations that we love to cherish no matter how it hurts.

we put so much value into it that we drain the remaining resources, blessings and other happiness that we should have.

mostly the deepest source of depression is that we lost someone we love and we think that everything is lost with it.

i cured mine by searching for other things that i can do. on the other things that i like to have. on another person that i can share my life with. I spent a lot of effort doing that instead of dwelling on the past.

I used to feel i have a big hole in my body, or i lost my right arm.

Now i am a happy man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Work out.

WORK OUT HARD.

Excercise releases endorphins , the happy hormone so whenever you sweat, it gives you a different high.

If depression is so much, that you feel, you lose it and wanna die, call on emergency and get a medical help.

But after treatment and medication, your doctor will still ask you to run! (If you are able)

personally, i am not clinically diagnosed as a depressed person. pero i do experience depression and anxiety. for me, just tell your mind that problems and sacrifices are part of life, same as happiness and success. having lower valleys makes higher mountains. if we are deressed... then its the lowest part of life, only two ways to go, go six feet deep and call it a day, or be positive, stand up and start climbing.... as we climb up, maybe the lower third we sacrifice, we lose, we learn, the middle third we find comfort, strength and hope, and the high third, we find happines, smiles, success... at this point we can look back and look down from where we began... every beginning is from the lowest, farthest point... :) looking forward is the way to go :)

• 2 weeks later...

The first step in dealing with depression is recognizing the signs and symptoms.

Next is to have the [patient/client] be properly evaluated by a mental health professional to find out if it is truly depression or another form of disorder.

Have a good support system (family, friends, faith, religion)

Be educated about it. Read, learn. Ask a professional.

Be involved in activities. Find hobbies.

Remember that there is no universal cure/treatment for any affliction. It is best that you work with someone who could tailor-fit the treatment according to your needs. It is best to find out if the depression is a symptom of some other deeper issues (biological/physiological or otherwise).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

compartamentalize your thoughts. it's usually the small things that you start to generalize and that's where it begins. "It's a bad day, not a bad life". speaking from experience. I underwent cognitive behavioral therapy and was on anti depressants myself. I reco seeing a doctor too!

• 1 month later...

Work out.

WORK OUT HARD.

Excercise releases endorphins , the happy hormone so whenever you sweat, it gives you a different high.

When I was in my 20s I broke up with my long-time girlfriend when I found out that she's having an affair.

I was so depressed, but was determined to feel good. I went on a sex binge that lasted almost 3 years.

I had sex with hundreds of women, but the depression and emptiness still lingers.

What finally ended my depression was exercise.

I eventually stopped exercising in my 30s, but is now picking it up it once again.

Exercise regularly, it's good for both the body and the mind.

• 4 weeks later...

When I was in my 20s I broke up with my long-time girlfriend when I found out that she's having an affair.

I was so depressed, but was determined to feel good. I went on a sex binge that lasted almost 3 years.

I had sex with hundreds of women, but the depression and emptiness still lingers.

What finally ended my depression was exercise.

I eventually stopped exercising in my 30s, but is now picking it up it once again.

Exercise regularly, it's good for both the body and the mind.

Yeah because our body produces endorphins(happy hormones) when we workout.