Mma Vs Boxing

dragonei

MMA is the fastest growing sport. It's a sport for gladiators since there are a lot of ways and techniques you can use to win. I believe they can coexist with each other. I think it's actually good for boxing since UFC has a good marketing strategy a lot of people will be drawn to watch more contact sport. Open your mind people try and learn the different styles of Martial Arts and watch some of the great fights in the UFC. We also have Filipinos there who are actually doing good. Mark Munoz and Brandon Vera.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MMA is the fastest growing sport. It's a sport for gladiators since there are a lot of ways and techniques you can use to win. I believe they can coexist with each other. I think it's actually good for boxing since UFC has a good marketing strategy a lot of people will be drawn to watch more contact sport. Open your mind people try and learn the different styles of Martial Arts and watch some of the great fights in the UFC. We also have Filipinos there who are actually doing good. Mark Munoz and Brandon Vera.

You're right Sir. Hope Mark Munoz can be given a tilte fight nga.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

this thread is a certified blast from the past

what's amazing to me, is how far MMA has gone from the time this thread was started until today. this thread started 4 years ago, and to go from the MMA of those times (which was already pretty big) to now (UFC on the Fox network, OneFC rising to be a legit Asian MMA promotion with an ESPN tv deal, Burger King sponsoring Anderson Silva, Ronda Rousey, etc) it's crazy.

some of the posts on this thread are funny too, like the floyd mayweather beats any MMA fighter...135lb Ronda Rousey would snap PBFs arm within a minute.

and to answer the OPs question on whether MMA will k*ll boxing...

My answer is still no.

boxing will k*ll boxing, MMA has got nothing to do with that.

Guest demon nick fury

I agree with that too. No, I mean, MMA is not gonna k*ll boxing because some countries like Mexico, Cuba, Philippines etc are still very much boxing havens because even their athletes prefer to focus on that sport rather than MMA. But yeah, MMA is fast eating up millions of fans who used to root for boxing more or less exclusively in the past. Credit that to the excitement we can see in every MMA most especially UFC event!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boxing has run out of marquee athletes that headline the sport. If you look down the roster of today's champions, do people even know who they are? E.g. who is the heavyweight champion of the world now? Some Russian guy whose name I can't even pronounce correctly.

Names like Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Roy jones Jr, De LA hoya etc.. The only marquee boxers we have are pacquiao and mayweather.

That's it. There's no excitement to look forward to when you watch other weight classes. They don't market & promote their boxers properly, that's why MMA is kicking boxing on their behind when it comes to PPV revenues. Its sad at the same time tragic for Boxing.

• 3 weeks later...

No. MMA is not killing boxing, and boxing is not killing MMA. They are two distinct sports that should be appreciated differently.

Following boxing since the Duran-Hagler-Leonard-Hearns days. MMA, since i first saw Pedro Rizzo. And yeah, Ken Shamrock and the Gracies. Not loosing an ounce of interest to both sports. So, to me, and to still quite a lot of people, both Boxing and MMA are alive and well and still blocks dates in every single week.

• 4 weeks later...

We have tons of good fighters in the Philippines. OneFC is proving that, though the last event in PH every Pinoy fighters lost. Such a bummer.

Back to the topic. I would choose MMA all day. Reason being, I can watch the whole card, even prelims without me falling asleep. Admit it, in boxing events how many fights do u watch? Only the main event.

Also, I agree with one post above. Boxing will k*ll boxing. Boxing has become so dirty with all the fight fixing happening. In a Pacman fight, how many dudes should be in the ring with the fighter? What business do they have in the ring?

• 11 months later...