Mma Vs Boxing

dragonei

After what happened last week, I think I might begin to soften my position on this.

Last week many fans who spent big money to see what was supposed to be the biggest boxing match of the century were scammed. They were expecting an exciting action packed fight that they were promised. I don't blame them if many of them will start patronizing MMA from now on. Imagine what would happen to the avengers franchise if it does not deliver the kind of thrill that was promised its audience. If it was boring and just was god awful. Di syempre bukod sa malulugi yung pelikula, pahiya din yung mga bida. Cancelled na yung plans for sequels. At yung mga artista sira na din career.

Don't get me wrong. boxing is a sport that wont disappear. Nga lang, boxing ang pinakaprofitable na combat sport na meron tayo today. If it wants to remain that way, they really should stop scamming fans like this. Otherwise, mas magiging mayaman talaga ang UFC

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

MMA IMO is safer than Boxing.

Boxing requires you to receive repeated blows on the head. There are more ways to score in an MMA fight. Other than striking, you can wrestle the guy.

In MMA fights are finished quicker. When a guy is knocked down, the opponent is allowed to keep him down and the referee halts the contest when he can no longer defend himself. In boxing, referees allow downed opponents to get up and receive more blows to the head

i prefer it if they took away the sport aspect of mma like the rounds.

rejects of nfl are still the ones joining mma and becoming champions.

also the figurehead of the most popular brand UFC is rhonda roussey, which makes it lame for me.

sorry ladies but i don't find anything cool about her.

i prefer it if they took away the sport aspect of mma like the rounds.

rejects of nfl are still the ones joining mma and becoming champions.

also the figurehead of the most popular brand UFC is rhonda roussey, which makes it lame for me.

sorry ladies but i don't find anything cool about her.

Not one UFC champ is a reject of the NFL.

Ronda, who finished all of her opponents via armbar or TKO, who medaled in the olympics, and who now has a few cameo roles in some of the biggest blockbuster movies, is not cool enough?

Not one UFC champ is a reject of the NFL.

Ronda, who finished all of her opponents via armbar or TKO, who medaled in the olympics, and who now has a few cameo roles in some of the biggest blockbuster movies, is not cool enough?

brock lesnar. si jon jones kapatid niya nfl. mas malaki pa sa kanya. kung may build si jon for sure nfl pipiliin niya.

personally ako no i don't find her cool. sure may achievements siya that no one can take away pero i find her overexposed. nagaarmbar na nga at nagtatake down sa ring nagaarmbar at nagttake down pa sa mga movie niya! si michelle rodriguez baka kaya pa niya upakan pero si turtle comon babae parin yan! ako hindi ako manonood nga roussey main card. alam mo na mangyayari and kahit maupakan pa siya ng kalaban niya can you really say that it was an exciting match? para sakin yung women's division is puro unskilled fighters kaya lagi nananalo si roussey kasi siya lang yung may skillset. talagang binebenta siya ng ufc wala na kasi silang stars, ang gulo ng mga division nila, at ang dami pa sa kanilang nahuhuli for PED. basta para saking para ka lang nanuod ng wnba. symepre nba pa rin!

isa pa dumadami na rin ang galing wrestling na nagttry. si brock fresh na fresh ni hindi marunong ng submission defense or sumuntok ng maayos in a few fights naging heavyweight champion agad. ang dami na rin yung nag aacting para mabenta yung fight. mga call out. si ryan bader nung press conference ni dc straight out of wwe scripta ata yung binabasa. paano yan magiging seryosong sport sila rin sumisira?

brock lesnar. si jon jones kapatid niya nfl. mas malaki pa sa kanya. kung may build si jon for sure nfl pipiliin niya.

personally ako no i don't find her cool. sure may achievements siya that no one can take away pero i find her overexposed. nagaarmbar na nga at nagtatake down sa ring nagaarmbar at nagttake down pa sa mga movie niya! si michelle rodriguez baka kaya pa niya upakan pero si turtle comon babae parin yan! ako hindi ako manonood nga roussey main card. alam mo na mangyayari and kahit maupakan pa siya ng kalaban niya can you really say that it was an exciting match? para sakin yung women's division is puro unskilled fighters kaya lagi nananalo si roussey kasi siya lang yung may skillset. talagang binebenta siya ng ufc wala na kasi silang stars, ang gulo ng mga division nila, at ang dami pa sa kanilang nahuhuli for PED. basta para saking para ka lang nanuod ng wnba. symepre nba pa rin!

isa pa dumadami na rin ang galing wrestling na nagttry. si brock fresh na fresh ni hindi marunong ng submission defense or sumuntok ng maayos in a few fights naging heavyweight champion agad. ang dami na rin yung nag aacting para mabenta yung fight. mga call out. si ryan bader nung press conference ni dc straight out of wwe scripta ata yung binabasa. paano yan magiging seryosong sport sila rin sumisira?

Brock last fought in 2011. Jon Jones, puro ifs and maybes. Bottom line, no NFL washouts are still UFC champions.

I personally do not care about the promos and callouts. I care about the fights. Do what you have to do to promote your fight, then bring it in the cage.

hindi pa rin elite athletes ang talent pool ng mma IMO. ano ba sila kung walang mma? cops- forrest griffin, convicts- war machine, coaches- most of them after retirement. bakit kailangang champion? may naalala ako na played college football then tried mma kaya ko nasabing reject. hindi galing nfl more like hindi nakapasok. walang pera sa ufc compared to boxing and other sports. tingnan mo kung paano sila magtrain by team. si manny sariling training camp sariling trainer. si rampage alam ko ganun magtrain pero the rest american top team, blackzillians, etc...

so ikaw fan ka ni roussey?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i agree totally that the talent pool of mma is comprised of skill sets that can hardly be called elite. But imho, that's the nature of the sport. In mma, you can literally use what you have.

A football player with collegiate wrestling training finds out he's heavy handed with an average fight IQ and starts knocking people out. it's so hard to take him down because of his natural abilities.

A street breakdancer (is that what it's still called? lol!) who can do gymnastic movements, double lotuses, etc finds out he can be a very crafty in jiu jitsu and do nasty knock out kicks in one package...

You have something that can be used effectively in mma, youre in.

In boxing, you need to be developed...into everything that makes up a boxer. No more, no less.

• 1 month later...

i think it depends on who is on the Card as to how they are paid. It's brand marketing, that's why boxers like Pacquiao and Mayweather make a lot of money is because people like to see them and they are two of the most talked about boxers today.

Same with MMA people pay to see Anderson Silva or GSP fight, rather than see a relatively unknown fighter or even a pretty good fighter but not that good at marketing themselves so people will want to see them. Same with the Rousey fight against Holly Holm. People bought the tix so they could see Rousey. It's about the brand.

The UFC has for years has been making a lot of money for their promotions than boxing.

Boxing i think is dead, there's no big name draws for people to see. I doubt many people wanted to watch the Canelo vs. Cotto fight