Practical Shooting

pareng pare

you should have tried to apply during the Gun Show, kingphilip, parang mas kaunti yung requirements. well, if you have the necessary papers, madali na yan. and you dont have to do it again and again for every firearm. isang beses lang

Sir Migs already finish yesterday for the drug test, Neuro Exam and Gun Safety, then just waiting the result by next monday and the rest of the doc is already in my hand, then submit ko na ito for approval, and how long the approval and the releasing of licence, kaya ba in one day ?

Sir Migs already finish yesterday for the drug test, Neuro Exam and Gun Safety, then just waiting the result by next monday and the rest of the doc is already in my hand, then submit ko na ito for approval, and how long the approval and the releasing of licence, kaya ba in one day ?

ok, kingphilip, now comes the sticky part. it usually takes several weeks to get an approved license. HOWEVER, kung hindi mo sila kukulitin, it will be MONTHS bago nila sasabihin sa iyo that you could get the LTOPF certification. example, case ko. submitted all my requirements nung December. got approval nung Feb, but since i had not gone back to Crame until September (was, and still am, assigned to Region IVB), dun ko lang nalaman na available for pick-up na ang certification. consider na nasa PNP ako nagtratrabaho......

ok, kingphilip, now comes the sticky part. it usually takes several weeks to get an approved license. HOWEVER, kung hindi mo sila kukulitin, it will be MONTHS bago nila sasabihin sa iyo that you could get the LTOPF certification. example, case ko. submitted all my requirements nung December. got approval nung Feb, but since i had not gone back to Crame until September (was, and still am, assigned to Region IVB), dun ko lang nalaman na available for pick-up na ang certification. consider na nasa PNP ako nagtratrabaho......

Sir Migs thanks for the info, ganon ba talaga katagal ang releasing ng licence ngayon, and plan ko pa naman to buy another pistol this coming November at Gun Show, target ko is RIA 1911S TAC ULTRA FS HC .45 ACP or RIA 1911S TAC ULTRA FS 45 ACP your comment pleased for this model thanks

i used to have a TAC FS 45 single stack myself. prefer the single stack as Hi-Cap tends to be heavy for day to day use. otherwise, very good and very dependable guns. any of the two will do....

the Hi-Cap is currently Php 50k, and the single is Php 42k. thats according to the most recent Armscor pricelist......

'twas a good day despite the heat.....

finally got my PTC...

have seen and experience lots of attitude changes in the offices i went for my FA registration and PTC.....

for the FA registration office, there were people that are very pro-active and willing to help with nothing in return...kudos to these people.

for the PTC office....their CO or MANAGER should observe the staff.....they are all great and hard working....you guys make me proud....

keep up the good work!!!

thank you to all....

to the peeps out there...do not hesitate to visit their respective offices.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Sir, anyone used or knows a review on Tanfolgio? Planning to get a unit. Is it hard to get a license now and ptc? Thanks

Tanfoglios are solid dependable guns. they are pretty good for day to day use. i myself own two; a 9mm Armscor/Tanfoglio compact i use daily, and an FT9 380 which i got for wifey. they are accurate and solid performers. not choosy when it comes to ammunition, and i have never had a problem with both.

as for licensing, you need a police clearance, rtc clearance, and/or nbi clearance. a proof of billing. then you come in (in Crame or a Regional Command) for drug test, psych test, gun safety seminar, and S2 clearance. including payment, you could be done in 1-2 days. in 2-4 weeks, you will get your LTOPF certificate (License To Own and Possess a Firearm), and then you may purchase your firearm. or the gun store could do this for you when you buy your gun, but you will still have to personally appear for you drug test and psych test.

you don't need to get a license every time you get a firearm. so all you need to do when buying a gun is present your LTOPF, fill up the paperwork, and pay the downpayment. then you wait for the gun store to process your sale with FED. and, depending on the Class restriction of your license (class 1-5), you are allowed to possess 2 or more firearms. mine is class 2, so i could have as many as 5 firearms (filled it up na).

as for the PTC, you need to show that you have an imminent threat to your life or business, or you are in a profession considered with an imminent threat (as covered by RA 10591; doctors, nurses, lawyers, businessmen with large businesses, etc). then you need to present a copy of your LTOPF, fill up the forms, pay the fees, and in 2-4 weeks, may PTC ka na....

very much interested about this. but i don't know where to start. can you start without owning the gun first? how?

elmojo, i would recommend you go to a reputable shooting range first and borrow a pistol or shotgun( or rifle) from their inventory. PB Dionisio, Jethro's, Armscor, and Stronghand have ranges in their premises. try out their guns, attend a safety seminar, then they could also help you process your license when the time comes