Overrated Nba/pba Players

that's `coz you probably didn't see him in his prime. and I can't blame you---not enough people have.

he was a ferocious dunker, an even more intimidating shot-blocker and had such soft hands that were made for completing passes and sinking lazy perimeter jumpers. and to top it all off, he read the floor well.

he practically undressed David Robinson and the whole collegiate team that the US sent to Seoul.

come to think of it, Sabas was actually the single biggest reason why USA basketball formed the original Dream Team.

the Sabonis you saw who came into the league as a 30-year-old rookie with an even older body (after a host of injuries) was really just a shell of one of basketball's best big men.

and even in that incarnation, he was a whole lot better than most people gave him credit for.

If "Sabas" got into the NBA in 1985 (damn em USSR & the NBA minimum age requirement back then which is 21 yrs old), he could have made Hakeem Olajuwon and Patrick Ewing pee in their pants with the arsenal of moves (offensive & defensive) he had in his prime, you got a great passer, a shooter, a rebounder, can run the floor, an effective post player, a fierce defender in a "mobile & agile" 7'3" frame....but several ankle & achilles tendon injuries robbed most of his abilities (plus the added weight)

The "Sabas" most kids saw in the NBA is only about 20-30% of the "Sabas" in his prime, but still he was still an "effective" player in his Blazers stint

Those who were following the Euro basketball scene from 1981-1995 would know what im saying

Edited by orionpax
that's `coz you probably didn't see him in his prime. and I can't blame you---not enough people have.

he was a ferocious dunker, an even more intimidating shot-blocker and had such soft hands that were made for completing passes and sinking lazy perimeter jumpers. and to top it all off, he read the floor well.

he practically undressed David Robinson and the whole collegiate team that the US sent to Seoul.

come to think of it, Sabas was actually the single biggest reason why USA basketball formed the original Dream Team.

the Sabonis you saw who came into the league as a 30-year-old rookie with an even older body (after a host of injuries) was really just a shell of one of basketball's best big men.

and even in that incarnation, he was a whole lot better than most people gave him credit for.

Is he the one who blocked "the Admiral" twice in one of the olympic games in Barcelona? Can't forget that moment!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by silver41surfer

Is he the one who blocked "the Admiral" twice in one of the olympic games in Barcelona? Can't forget that moment!!! thumbsupsmiley.gif

yup... he's the one and that was the admiral most embarrassing moment.... if only he had played in the NBA during his prime, he could have made a big difference for any team that he would play on...

NBA OVERRATED:

Michael Olowokandi and Kwame Brown... both teams didn't capitalize on the luxury of having the number one picks in the draft.

PBA OVERRATED:

Jon Ordonio - nakuha pa siya through direct acquisition noon.

Andy Seigle and Marlou Aquino - both players 6'9", number 1 draft picks, and ROY?? their not using their heights to their advantage.

PBA IMPORT:

Darius Rice - considered by the experts as the "real deal" nung start ng conference.. cousin of one time NBA 3PT king Glen Rice? Ayun, pauuwiin na ng Purefoods.

NBA OVERRATED:

Michael Olowokandi and Kwame Brown... both teams didn't capitalize on the luxury of having the number one picks in the draft.

PBA OVERRATED:

Jon Ordonio - nakuha pa siya through direct acquisition noon.

Andy Seigle and Marlou Aquino - both players 6'9", number 1 draft picks, and ROY?? their not using their heights to their advantage.

PBA IMPORT:

Darius Rice - considered by the experts as the "real deal" nung start ng conference.. cousin of one time NBA 3PT king Glen Rice? Ayun, pauuwiin na ng Purefoods.

confirmed na ba to? where'd you get the news?

Its confirmed, read it in one of the dailies...Rice would be replaced with an import which will "maximize" its local crew..

Maybe James Yap and Kerby Raymundo are complaining of the "reduced touches" every game hehe

confirmed na ba to? where'd you get the news?

lebron james??? OVERRATED??? i dont think so

since the 90's, di pa nakapasok ng playoff ang cavaliers until james came.

as a matter of fact, 1st runner up sila last year. Kung may katulong lang sya na scorer (like the Jordan and Pippen era) at matinding centro, baka nanalo pa sila ng championship.

lebron james??? OVERRATED??? i dont think so

since the 90's, di pa nakapasok ng playoff ang cavaliers until james came.

as a matter of fact, 1st runner up sila last year. Kung may katulong lang sya na scorer (like the Jordan and Pippen era) at matinding centro, baka nanalo pa sila ng championship.

Yeah, unlike si MICHAEL JORDAN na may kasamang Greats like Pippen and Horace/Rodman who really contribute to the team, I think Lebron will have a have a hard time winning a Championship.

Its confirmed, read it in one of the dailies...Rice would be replaced with an import which will "maximize" its local crew..

Maybe James Yap and Kerby Raymundo are complaining of the "reduced touches" every game hehe

nahanap ko na rin... si Chris Burgess nga yung papalit

• 2 weeks later...

rashard lewis of orlando magic with his undeserved huge pay. he only had ONE 30 point game this year. and everybody regard orlando as dwight howard's team. the magic gm should be axed.

lebron is overrated until he plays like kobe who's always on attack mode. i'm not a kobe fan. but i know you know that lebron was once regarded as pasikat in high school coz he usually like the game to get close and will score a lot in the 4th quarter to showcase his "dominance". he's not only overrated, he's also lying about his age. with his body, i'm sure nobody believes that he is his age now. just look at all the others when they were his age now. you will notice a huge difference in looks and body. and what's with all that fingernail biting? does he really think people will believe his age by biting his fingernails each time the camera is on him? lebron james to you. i call him lebwrong age, lebwronggoy and lebwrongoloid.

peace, lebwrong age fans. just take a closer look at your idol.

so if u dont play like kobe ull be overrated??? WTF!!!

who cares about how he looks... as long as he can bring it on the court i dont really care,, hes a ball player not an actor... bottom line is LBJ is one of the best if not the best basketball player in the world right now...

remember the last guy who called him overrated,, he axed them out of the playoffs....

pra di OT

jon ordonio's overrated :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by HansSolo

i'm not talking about lebron's looks per se, hans solo. i meant that his looks and body doesn't seem to match his age. and you can compare him to the other highschool players who went straight to the nba when they were 21 yrs old. they look more like 21 than lebron.

and it's been publicized even before he got into the nba that his father could have falsified his birth certificate, making him younger. search the web, meron yan.