Overrated Nba/pba Players

NBA - Kwame Brown - the no. 1 pick from HS was a dud.

PBA - all Fil-Ams or naturalized players (the likes of Taulava, the Seigle brothers, Jimmy Alapag, Helterbrand, Caguia etc). they're just hype. they couldn't even win in the last Asiad games, as the pre-qualifier to the Olympics.

Started his career with the Bullets (yes he ended his career as a Warrior swingman), was supposed to be the "star" since the current scoring machine back then, the versatile Bernard King has been slowed down by age and his knee

Most of the NBA scouts called him a "shooter that cannot shoot" (much like Rex Walters :lol:) since he had trouble hitting from the "farther" NBA 3 point line and his inconsistency in making perimeter Js

he was later transplanted by Don McLean as the Bullets "star" together with Rod Strickland and Jeff Malone

hmmm which comes to mind two more Bullets "overrated" players = Tom Gugliotta and Rex Chapman :D

Now, I remember this guy... used to play for the Bullets if I'm not mistaken... he's from IU am I right?

I remember he was being touted as a shooter during his early years but retired as an inside operator when he was with the Warriors yata... :unsure:

Edited by orionpax
all Fil-Ams or naturalized players (the likes of Taulava, the Seigle brothers, Jimmy Alapag, Helterbrand, Caguia etc). they're just hype. they couldn't even win in the last Asiad games, as the pre-qualifier to the Olympics.

sinabi mo pa !!! etong mga hinayupak nato kala mo kung sino eh puro porma lang naman ang ginawa leche !!!

simula nga ng maging PBA-NBA na dito sa atin ay hinde na ako nanuod up to this time

hay i miss the good old days ng PBA - panahon ni samboy lim .

yeah lahat ng half-filipino na naglaro sa last asian games. kapal ng mukha na sapawan ang purong pinoy tapos alang medal na naiuwi. mula sa sahot hanggang sa contract mga benifis sila na ang mas malki ang nakukuha kumpara sa purong pinoy pero sila pa ang umuwing walang medal. minsan mag iisip ka baka ayaw lang nilang maitaas ang bandila ng pinas kasi nga hindi sila sure na pinoy.

because of all the fanfare of the pba - james yap!!! the announcers have the gall to give him the monicker king james. his skills are not even close to what the real king james - lebron james - has. he doesn't know how to pass. passes only when he doesn't have shot. not a defender but only a scorer and is not even really the reason why his team is really excelling. his only claim to fame now is that he is married to a woman who admitted to the whole world that she has std. i hope the pba really understands that he is not the next face of the league and should stop annointing him as such

yeah lahat ng half-filipino na naglaro sa last asian games. kapal ng mukha na sapawan ang purong pinoy tapos alang medal na naiuwi. mula sa sahot hanggang sa contract mga benifis sila na ang mas malki ang nakukuha kumpara sa purong pinoy pero sila pa ang umuwing walang medal. minsan mag iisip ka baka ayaw lang nilang maitaas ang bandila ng pinas kasi nga hindi sila sure na pinoy.

do you think mananalo tayo sa ibang bansa w/o the help of these guys? sino-sino naman ang mga players na ipapadala ng pba kung gnun? actually mas ok pa nga minsan yung fil-am kahit na maliit lng allowance ng team pilipinas game pa din sila unlike other pure blooded pinoy like espino, aquino etc na ayaw sumali dhil maliit nga daw at baka ma-injured pa sila...

para di OT: tony dela cruz. imo, mas madaming mas magaling dito pero bkit kaya nakapasok sa team pilipinas to?

Edited by o0onapstero0o
because of all the fanfare of the pba - james yap!!! the announcers have the gall to give him the monicker king james. his skills are not even close to what the real king james - lebron james - has. he doesn't know how to pass. passes only when he doesn't have shot. not a defender but only a scorer and is not even really the reason why his team is really excelling. his only claim to fame now is that he is married to a woman who admitted to the whole world that she has std. i hope the pba really understands that he is not the next face of the league and should stop annointing him as such

oo nga! nagtatae pa during crunch time!

do you think mananalo tayo sa ibang bansa w/o the help of these guys? sino-sino naman ang mga players na ipapadala ng pba kung gnun? actually mas ok pa nga minsan yung fil-am kahit na maliit lng allowance ng team pilipinas game pa din sila unlike other pure blooded pinoy like espino, aquino etc na ayaw sumali dhil maliit nga daw at baka ma-injured pa sila...

para di OT: tony dela cruz. imo, mas madaming mas magaling dito pero bkit kaya nakapasok sa team pilipinas to?

naglalaro lang ang ibang half-pinoy sa team pilipinas para sa exposure sa ibang bansa. kasi mas malaki ang chance na may mag alok ng opportunity. si manu ginobili, dirk nowitztky yao ming ang best example. eh ano kung hindi mag champion ng pilipinas ang mahalaga sikat napapanood sa ibang bansa. nagsilver medal ang team plipinas 17 years ago with out them. mas mahirap dahil mas maliliit ang pinoy. mas skilled ang players sa ngayon. natalo pa silang ng middle east country na nagkataong mas malaki lang sa kanila pero mahina ang laro. espino and aquino had given their part before although nagbronze sila at least the went home not empty handed. parang sinabi na sige may reperesentative lang kahit hindi manalo. 1 tea, over 10 players, over 5 staff and coach plane ticket and allowance na gastos. i think kung wala silang chance maglaro at makagain lang ng exposure wag na lang makipagcompete. yung makakakuha lang ng exposure ang magbenifits.

<--- best example ng overrated Edited by uaeboy25

Look at the statistic of his FG first before you say that he doesn't have a shot bro. Yeah, the announcers give him the monicker of King James but they didn't say that James has the same skill of LBJ! And he didn't say to the announcers that give that title to me! Are you watching UAAP? Even when he was still in UAAP he is already popular! He's already popular when he met Kris, He's already in the PBA in fact he's in 2nd in the overall draft pick! Are you saying that James won the MVP award because he's the husband of Kris? look at the stat man compare it with those who are also candicate for the MVP title :thumbsdownsmiley: