Overrated Nba/pba Players

PBA IMPORT:

Darius Rice - considered by the experts as the "real deal" nung start ng conference.. cousin of one time NBA 3PT king Glen Rice? Ayun, pauuwiin na ng Purefoods.

dunno where you got that info bro, but it's wrong. darius rice isn't related to glen at all.

he's the nephew of jerry rice, the football player.

for my PBA/NBA overrated guys i'll roll with vince carter and jayjay helterbrand - both crowd favorites but are guaranteed to let you down in the clutch.

Wow, I'm really surprised by these two names...

it's either the person who posted those names is better than those 2 players in term of basketball skills or he just want to diss those 2 great players...

IMHO, Mac Cardona is overrated..

that's `coz you probably didn't see him in his prime. and I can't blame you---not enough people have.

he was a ferocious dunker, an even more intimidating shot-blocker and had such soft hands that were made for completing passes and sinking lazy perimeter jumpers. and to top it all off, he read the floor well.

he practically undressed David Robinson and the whole collegiate team that the US sent to Seoul.

come to think of it, Sabas was actually the single biggest reason why USA basketball formed the original Dream Team.

the Sabonis you saw who came into the league as a 30-year-old rookie with an even older body (after a host of injuries) was really just a shell of one of basketball's best big men.

and even in that incarnation, he was a whole lot better than most people gave him credit for.

Amen! Just can't say enough about Sabonis.

Greatest passing center of all time, great offensive skills (Tim Duncan was nothing compared to Sabonis as far as fundamentals and footwork is concerned), great teammate...

And yes, he was the reason why the Dream Team was formed.

pba: all Fil-Am players (Caguioa, Helterbrand, Taulava, Alapag etc). did they bring gold for the country? they didn't even qualify in the Beijing Olympics and they call themselves professional players? the only legitimate professional players are in the NBA. period.

nba: Bogut, Ben Wallace, Juwan Howard, TMac, Vince Carter, Jermaine O Neal, Gilbert Arenas

Amen! Just can't say enough about Sabonis.

Greatest passing center of all time, great offensive skills (Tim Duncan was nothing compared to Sabonis as far as fundamentals and footwork is concerned), great teammate...

And yes, he was the reason why the Dream Team was formed.

My favorite play of Sabonis was the one when paused in midcurt after competing a behind the back pass. :D

Overrated players:

NBA= TMac, VC, Laettner

PBA= Gee Gervin

NBA - Latrell Sprewell, Ricky Davis, Allan Houston, Antoine Walker, Jeff McInnis, the duo of Luol Deng and Ben Gordon (although it cuts me deep to say it)

PBA - Ordonio, Andy Seigle, Yancy de ocampo, ateneo boys like alvarez, membrere (nasa PBA na ba sya?), wesley gonzales et al

Edited by pinoywritingfool
Guest airmax
KOBE BRYANT. hanggang ngaun hindi paren nya napapachampion team nya since nawala si SHAQ. kung papalaren ngaung season pero as of now. Overrated syahehehe napagaya lang ako kay pareng Airmax.

chief obvious na obvious naman after magwatak watak ung team 2003-04 laker team eh panay butaw na players ang napunta sa lakers noon. mabuti sana kung ang nadagdag sa lakers noon si tim duncan, kevin garnett at dirk nowitzki. eh pede pang umangat ang lakers noon. how could win an nba title with a sub pare line up that they had 3 years ago. kahit siguro kahit saang liga pa yan kung ang lineup mo mahina at ikaw lang ang magaling eh wala ka talagang kapapatunguhan. para sa akin si lebron kasi hindi naman lang sila lumaban against the spurs last year. kobe's records speaks for himself. sorround him with better players and the lakers would go places.

Edited by airmax
chief obvious na obvious naman after magwatak watak ung team 2003-04 laker team eh panay butaw na players ang napunta sa lakers noon. mabuti sana kung ang nadagdag sa lakers noon si tim duncan, kevin garnett at dirk nowitzki. eh pede pang umangat ang lakers noon. how could win an nba title with a sub pare line up that they had 3 years ago. kahit siguro kahit saang liga pa yan kung ang lineup mo mahina at ikaw lang ang magaling eh wala ka talagang kapapatunguhan. para sa akin si lebron kasi hindi naman lang sila lumaban against the spurs last year. kobe's records speaks for himself. sorround him with better players and the lakers would go places.

hays dude.. dude... hmm kung panu mo idepensa si KOBE, I think same issue with LEBRON. we dont have to compare statistically. We all know that a great set of supporter makes a Team with a superstar on them can achieve the championship..hays.

I rest my case. peace out! :thumbsupsmiley:

pba: all Fil-Am players (Caguioa, Helterbrand, Taulava, Alapag etc). did they bring gold for the country? they didn't even qualify in the Beijing Olympics and they call themselves professional players? the only legitimate professional players are in the NBA. period.

this post makes me laugh...

BTT: Rico Villanueva, Olsen Racela, James Yap

eh pano mo nasabing overrated si lebron. sayo na rin nanggaling butaw mga kasama ni kobe after nila magwatak watak. eh si lebron, butaw mga kasama last year, nakapasok sa finals. ngayon, mga butaw pa rin pinahirapan boston. masyado kang nasisilaw sa pagkafanatic mo ke kobe. eh mga arguments mo parang ikaw na rin kumokontra.

eh kung ilagay mo kaya si garnet, duncan or nowitzki sa cleveland.

ikumpara mo nga. si kobe nung si kobe lang, ni first round hindi makapanalo ng series. si lebron, singlehandedly destroyed the pistons last year.

kung championship ang paguusapan, darating si lebron just. just surround him with good complimentary players and a sidekick, makakachampion yan.

i have nothing against kobe, mga post na ganito nakakainis basahin.

hindi ka pa rin nagbabago. galing mo idepensa lakers and kobe mo, pero mga depensa mo, bumabalik sayo.

anyway para di ot.

overrated - tmac, webber, carter, james worthy

Rico Villanueva and Danny Ildefonso big men with limited skill

Willie Miller won 2 MVP while the Top Players are on loan for the National Team (2002-2007)

John Arigo big time choker

Magnum Membrere, Macky Escalona you can find other ballers in Baranggay Tournaments that are far beter than these two Ateneans