Overrated Nba/pba Players

that's what you think and the other haters I understand...

it's hard for y'all to see kobe winning his 4th ring and finals mvp

Nah, it's not hard for me to see that. He can go on and win his fifth, sixth or whatever, but he's still an MJ wannabe, perhaps slightly better than the other MJ wannabes out there.

that wanna be just won his 4th title... he may not be the best player... but he is the best in his generation.... just ask the nba's great coaches and players....

i dont hate kobe. but i dont like him either. i recognize his skills and am glad he has matured a lot in terms of being a team leader.

now that its out of the way, i'll put tim duncan in the discussion if you consider him to belong with kobe's generation.

both have 4 titles. duncan won his first title quicker than kobe. duncan has 3 finals mvp compared to kobe's one. duncan beat the pistons that kobe failed to beat.

kobe's advantage right now is that he is still on his prime. duncan i think has reached his peak. so kobe will most likely end up getting more titles especially if phil jackson stays with the lakers until kobe's game starts to decline.

Might be, but MJ is still considered the god in basketball, and Kobe will always be seen as his wannabe. :lol:

Retired na kasi si Jordan kaya siya na considered na God in basketball hahaha. At least kung wannabe man siya he has 4 rings. What if he surpasses MJ's tiltes probably he would still be overrated hahaha.

Isa pang overrated si Garnett. One title only after a 13 year career and here he is guaranteeing that the celtics would become repeat champs in 2010 and 2011. Naging manghuhula na ba ito. Kobe was asked if they would repeat next year. He didn't answer that question. He said we'll just see. In my opinion the Lakers can repeat next year or threepeat because they have a coach and a couple of players (kobe and fisher) that have done it in their careers.

Who doesn't want to be an MJ wannabe? Maybe if you're a center/power forward or point guard. But if you're a small forward/big guard or shooting guard, definitely to be compared to MJ is really an honor.

If he surpasses MJ by some basketball standard set by basketball greats, then I will probably accept it. If he tries to do that until the end of his career, it's possible.

MJ is the greatest for me. But to be considered even 2nd to MJ given all the unknowns (injury/team disbanding/etc) is no small feat.

Kobe's career isn't over yet. He will definitely need help to chase after more rings if he wants that.

Some of the greats in the list can't even win one or just won only 1.

As far Tim Duncan comparison, he's a great center/forward. But I think the current crop of stars already show that the big man dominating the game is no longer the formula to success. It helps a lot though.

Might be, but MJ is still considered the god in basketball, and Kobe will always be seen as his wannabe. :lol:

Its no secret that Kobe patterned his game after Mike, and I'm not saying that Kobe is better overall. But if a guy's standard here for being overrated is because he's not better than MJ, then all NBA players are overrated. :D

Its no secret that Kobe patterned his game after Mike, and I'm not saying that Kobe is better overall. But if a guy's standard here for being overrated is because he's not better than MJ, then all NBA players are overrated. :D

Nah, like I said, Kobe isn't overrated--he has the skills and talent. Overrated players are those who have been hyped by media but have produced scant results. Kobe wouldn't be one of them. Wannabe MJ would be more appropriate. Of course, who wouldn't want to be MJ in the NBA (and even PBA) these days? I think it's more media's fault that he (and the other wannabe MJs) are being compared to Mike, which I think should stop. As long as Kobe and some others are held by media as the "next MJ", they will always come up short. Media should let them shine as they are (which thankfully is happening now with Kobe), and not continually make them as the "next MJ" (which many agree will never happen in our lifetime).

si kobe pinaka overrated na nba player :lol:

4x nba champs

1 olympic gold medal

1 mvp

1 finals mvp

2x nba scoring champs

3x allstar mvp

9x nba team

9x nba defensvie team

11x nba all star

overrated nga

Let me put everything into perspective again! EXCEPT for the 4 NBA titles he now has, let me comment on those I highlighted in red.

Olympic gold medal - Yeah, despite the fact that he lead the US team on Field goal attempts, which by the way, isn't a surprise for me anymore knowing him as a ball-hog (104 shots in eight games), he WAS NOT the scoring leader of the team, the 2 scoring leaders were D. WADE and LBJ Wade only shot the ball a total of 70 times and LBJ 83 times.

2x NBA Scoring champ - BALLHOG NGA KASI! for someone who averages 30-35 shots PER GAME, I am not surprised at all!

1 MVP, 1 Finals MVP, 3x ALL-STAR MVP, 9x NBA team, 11x NBA ALL-STAR and 9x NBA Defensive team - Teka pakibasa mo nga ulit yung title ng thread na 'to!! di ba ang title is "Overrated NBA Players", kaya nga sya overrated diba?!!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by Sl@MDuNk_Mitsui14
Guest inquirer
Let me put everything into perspective again! EXCEPT for the 4 NBA titles he now has, let me comment on those I highlighted in red.

Olympic gold medal - Yeah, despite the fact that he lead the US team on Field goal attempts, which by the way, isn't a surprise for me anymore knowing him as a ball-hog (104 shots in eight games), he WAS NOT the scoring leader of the team, the 2 scoring leaders were D. WADE and LBJ Wade only shot the ball a total of 70 times and LBJ 83 times.

2x NBA Scoring champ - BALLHOG NGA KASI! for someone who averages 30-35 shots PER GAME, I am not surprised at all!

1 MVP, 1 Finals MVP, 3x ALL-STAR MVP, 9x NBA team, 11x NBA ALL-STAR and 9x NBA Defensive team - Teka pakibasa mo nga ulit yung title ng thread na 'to!! di ba ang title is "Overrated NBA Players", kaya nga sya overrated diba?!!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

can you enlighten us why drexler is better than kobe?

How do you guys define "overrated player"?

Is it because he is so popular, and yet he can't be the next "MJ"?

Kobe-haters are always enthusiastic in throwing in this term to him.

Regardless if he wins a championship, an MVP plum, or not, why do people always find him overrated?

81pts in a game

62pts in three quarters

42pts in 1st half

55pts in 2nd half

30pts in one quarter

12 threes in one game

9 threes without a miss in a game

8 threes in one half

9 straight games with 40pts+

4 straight games with 50pts+

27 games with 40pts+ in a season

10 games with 50pts+ in a season

4th player ever with a 35pt+ season average

5th player ever with a 2800pt+ season

1st player ever to outscore a team through 3 quarters

1st player ever with a 2800pt 180 three season

61 Point at Madison Square Garden

20,000 in 29 years, 122 days. and it took Michael 29 years, 326 days.

Are these accomplishments make one Kobe overrated?

He is an accomplished player and still going

Are these accomplishments make one Kobe overrated?

81pts in a game

62pts in three quarters

42pts in 1st half

55pts in 2nd half

30pts in one quarter

12 threes in one game

9 threes without a miss in a game

8 threes in one half

9 straight games with 40pts+

4 straight games with 50pts+

27 games with 40pts+ in a season

10 games with 50pts+ in a season

4th player ever with a 35pt+ season average

5th player ever with a 2800pt+ season

1st player ever to outscore a team through 3 quarters

1st player ever with a 2800pt 180 three season

61 Point at Madison Square Garden

20,000 in 29 years, 122 days. and it took Michael 29 years, 326 days.

Kobe Bryant is overrated by the media. Kobe in an interview said MJ is the greatest, and also said that let me be ME.

It's the media's fault to compare him to MJ, but in my opinion Jordan created his legend to be not surpassed by anyone in this time. Not Kobe, not LeBron, not Wade.. Medyo OT lan ako pero i hate biased comments, from haters, etc. Kahit Jordan lover pa or Kobe Hater. Ang pnkabadtrip pa ako eh sa media na qng ano ano pnagsasabi na wla namang basehan like Marc Jackson, Greg Anthony.

• 2 weeks later...