Overrated Nba/pba Players

Guest eljuego

You and Hollinger have the same opinion while me and the Laker fan have the same opinion. To each his own coz if you ask me, it's all about the championships won. At the end of the day, fans only remember the champions, not the runners-up.

I'm just stating what fans would remember. What's the bias there? Anyway, since we're a bit OT.....

Si Dante Gonzalgo underrated laugh.gif

obvious, because you are a celtics' fan, you can only see the championship.

unless, of course, you are claiming to be the spokesperson of every fan in the world.

===

para hindi rin OT.... underrated si derrick rose. the guy is the best PG in the east. look at what he just did to the suns.

Edited by jopoc

You and Hollinger have the same opinion while me and the Laker fan have the same opinion. To each his own coz if you ask me, it's all about the championships won. At the end of the day, fans only remember the champions, not the runners-up.

Then these are fair-weather or bandwagon fans! True fans know everything about their teams - both the good times and the hard times. By remembering the times when the team was down makes fans more appreciative when their team does well.

Guest eljuego

obvious, because you are a celtics' fan, you can only see the championship.

unless, of course, you are claiming to be the spokesperson of every fan in the world.

===

para hindi rin OT.... underrated si derrick rose. the guy is the best PG in the east. look at what he just did to the suns.

Aren't championships the standard by which great teams are measured?

I think Derrick Rose is not underrated. As for being the best PG in the east, that's quite a stretch considering there's Rondo. But that's your opinion.

Then these are fair-weather or bandwagon fans! True fans know everything about their teams - both the good times and the hard times. By remembering the times when the team was down makes fans more appreciative when their team does well.

right on the money!!!

Aren't championships the standard by which great teams are measured?

it is just one of the criterias.

not really the standard.

I think Derrick Rose is not underrated. As for being the best PG in the east, that's quite a stretch considering there's Rondo. But that's your opinion.

rose is the team leader of the bulls and the top scoring PG in the league at 47.6% FG, not very far from rondo's 50%. but he made more FGs (120) than the total attempts made by rondo (118) this season.

if you think its rondo just because he has an overwhelming stat in the assists dept, then that's your opinion. for me kasi, you cannot be good in assists if your teamates cannot shoot the ball.

I believe ang haba na ng discussion about this before, uulitin na naman ba ulit para magsara ang thread na ito?

Ganito lang yan, if the number of NBA Titles won determines the best franchise, then obviously to determine who the NBA's best player of all time is should be based on MVPs won. Kareem has 6, MJ and Russel both 5. How come MJ is acknowledged as the best NBA player of all time? Obviously there are other factors considered. Further, in the voting for who the year's MVP would be, hindi naman paramihan lang ng 1st place votes diba. May puntos para sa 2nd place and 3rd place votes at kung sino ang mas madaming puntos un ang MVP. Madaling intindihin kung bubuksan ang pagiisip. Pero kung sagrado ka sa pagiisip na numero uno ang Boston, well so be it.

Tama ka, may pagkakataon ang Lakers na makuha ang isa pang titulo upang tumabla o di kaya'y mas higit sa isa upang umungos sa paramihan ng bilang ng kampeonato. Hindi mo rin ba naisip na may pagkakataon rin naman kayong makakuha ng mas maraming Conference titles para mahigitan din ang LA sa usaping ito? Hindi po ba may pagkakataon din kayong pakontiin ang inyong losing season kung ikukumpara sa LA? Ito'y argumento mo at ibinalik ko lang naman ang tanong kasi applicable naman.

Since pinaniniwalaan mo na lang din naman ang hater na nagsabing para sa kanya numero unong franchise ang celtics, I suppose naniniwala ka rin sa sinabi niyang magpakasaya na kayo coz it won't take long for LA to get another championship and when that happens LA na ang numero uno coz LA got the tie breaker advantage. Ako tanggap ko yan. Siguro naman tanggap mo rin ang kanyang pinagsasabi kay KG? Otherwise, tama si Jopoc, just because his argument is favorable to you then his opinion becomes the benchmark for this argument. But otherwise, he is just another pain in the ass for you and your Celtics.

^^ Huwag na ibalik ang nakaraan. Panay supalpal din lang naman ang inabot ni Mega noon eh. B)

Back to topic, Joe Johnson is proving to be the most over-valued (thus over-rated) of this year's free agent batch. Swerte na lang ng Hawks at nasa East sila. Kahit na .500 lang puede maka-pasok sa playoffs.

^^ Huwag na ibalik ang nakaraan. Panay supalpal din lang naman ang inabot ni Mega noon eh. B)

Back to topic, Joe Johnson is proving to be the most over-valued (thus over-rated) of this year's free agent batch. Swerte na lang ng Hawks at nasa East sila. Kahit na .500 lang puede maka-pasok sa playoffs.

i thought megalodon expected him to become a celtic after the off-season.

what happened? :lol:

anyway, joe will be the next shard in terms of being overpaid.

^^ Alam mo naman si Mr. megalodon mahilig sa mga "what if" at half-baked scenarios. Buti naman at nanahimik na siya. :D

^^ Back to JJ, with what the Hawks paid him, they could have gotten 2 quality players - one of which preferably a PG. But what's done is done and the Hawks will have to make do with JJ as the albatross on their collective necks. <_<

^^ Alam mo naman si Mr. megalodon mahilig sa mga "what if" at half-baked scenarios. Buti naman at nanahimik na siya. :D

^^ Back to JJ, with what the Hawks paid him, they could have gotten 2 quality players - one of which preferably a PG. But what's done is done and the Hawks will have to make do with JJ as the albatross on their collective necks. <_<

Sumalangit nawa ang kaluluwa ni Mega ...

I agree, mukhang di nasusulit ng Hawks ang perang ibinayad kay Joe.

Sumalangit nawa ang kaluluwa ni Mega ...

I agree, mukhang di nasusulit ng Hawks ang perang ibinayad kay Joe.

^^ Don't know about the other Celtics fans pero itong si Mega eh mas gusto pa nga si Joe kesa kay Ray Allen. Laki siguro ng pasalamat niya ngayon at hindi pala kayang kunin ng BOS si JJ. ;)

Correct ka diyan Dencio ... halos makipagpatayan yan sa pakikipagtalo na kaya nilang papirmahin sa free agency si JJ. Kakatawa talaga pag naalala ko mga panahon na un. Well buti na lang at wala talagang pagasang makuha nila si JJ at mas masama talaga ang nilalaro niya now compared kay RA.

BTW Jopoc, regarding the BIAS on fans that only get to see ONLY the championships and not the runner-up finishes as well as the losing seasons well maybe hindi mga dapat turingin na bias un ganon mga fans kundi FAIR WEATHER.

Edited by peithe

Correct ka diyan Dencio ... halos makipagpatayan yan sa pakikipagtalo na kaya nilang papirmahin sa free agency si JJ. Kakatawa talaga pag naalala ko mga panahon na un. Well buti na lang at wala talagang pagasang makuha nila si JJ at mas masama talaga ang nilalaro niya now compared kay RA.

BTW Jopoc, regarding the BIAS on fans that only get to see ONLY the championships and not the runner-up finishes as well as the losing seasons well maybe hindi mga dapat turingin na bias un ganon mga fans kundi FAIR WEATHER.

injured si joe johnson 4-6 weeks. mas magpapasalamat nyan si megalodon. :lol:

underrated siguro kung maituturing si jameer nelson. inasmuch as hindi sya pass-first PG, mukhang malaki rin nai-cocontribute nya sa orlando. ayokong mawala sya sa team, pero kung kailangan isakripisyo sya para sa isang mas magaling na PG, like nash or cp3, payag na ako.

wehehe.

si joe johnson, underrated noon, (drafted ng boston peo binangko)

overrated naman ngun laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...