Overrated Nba/pba Players

Paul Pierce never had a rating of above 88 in any video game ever, or so I think? :unsure:

0 time all-nba 1st team, 0 time all-nba 2nd team, 2008 Nba finals MVP, 8 time all-star.

so I say he is rated just fine. No superstar, but An all-star w/ debatable hall of fame credentials. I would vote No.

Kevin Garnett on the other hand rated a whopping 99 before, back in NBA games spanning 03-05 B)

4 time all-nba 1st team selection, 3 time all-nba second team, 8 time all-defensive 1st team selection,

2004 season MVP, 2008 Defensive player of the year, 13 time all-star, led the league in rebounds per game for 4 straight years.

A lock for the Hall of Fame.

Paul Pierce never had a rating of above 88 in any video game ever, or so I think? :unsure:

0 time all-nba 1st team, 0 time all-nba 2nd team, 2008 Nba finals MVP, 8 time all-star.

so I say he is rated just fine. No superstar, but An all-star w/ debatable hall of fame credentials. I would vote No.

Kevin Garnett on the other hand rated a whopping 99 before, back in NBA games spanning 03-05 B)

4 time all-nba 1st team selection, 3 time all-nba second team, 8 time all-defensive 1st team selection,

2004 season MVP, 2008 Defensive player of the year, 13 time all-star, led the league in rebounds per game for 4 straight years.

A lock for the Hall of Fame.

By far the more accurate assessment of the so-called TRUTH. I would also vote no in the HOF If given the chance.

See Mr. Eljuego and Mr. Buwitre? Even NBA Fantasy leagues and NBA 2k11 corroborate our take on your guy.

Give it up.

bakit, naging finals mvp ba si walker tulad ni PP? so si pierce lang talaga ang nagdala sa boston sa conf finals. :lol:

ps. kung kaya ni PP na magdala ng team sa conf finals ng mag-isa, bakit hindi nya nagawa yun nung wala si KG?

Si PP pala ,main man ... kaya pala naging peak ng Boston nun partnership ng Pierce - Walker ang 2002 season. After that pabagsak na. Nawala na rin si Walker at natapos ang 2007 season na kulelat sa East ang Boston na pinangunahan ni Pierce.

Sir Nathan, everyone is entitled to his opinon. You can lambast Pierce all you want. All I posted was that he was the main man in Boston's march to the 2002 Eastern Finals then a deluge of haters suddenly pop out out of nowhere. Whatever you say about Pierce, he was a Finals MVP which is no easy feat considering the caliber of teammates like KG and Allen. He is currently Boston's third all-time leading scorer after Larry Legend and Hondo. He will have surpassed Larry Bird and be the second all-time leading scorer of the greatest team of all-time once his career is over. Just like sir dencio, I believe he will make it to the HOF. I rest my case.

WhAT? Who said so? care to show any article to that claim. I think that is your BIAS OPINION.

WhAT? Who said so? care to show any article to that claim. I think that is your BIAS OPINION.

there is no need to show any article on that. if everytime boston wins, its a valid one, while everytime it loses, it is a fluke for the winning team, the is doubt that boston is the GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME.

To satiate your curiousity. The author is a Celtic hater like you yet he still thinks that Boston is the greatest team of all-time.

http://bleacherrepor...anchise/page/11

Honestly, nobody said that Celtics is not the greatest NBA Franchise of all time. They just didnt believed that PP is the same Caliber of Shaq, Kobe, David Robinson and Tim Duncan, this guys has a sure slot in hall of fame. Players who put their time in Champion's list not only once. Boston has a most list of Champion but the bitter truth was the Celtics today is just a shadow of the past.

Though i dont like kobe to be called as the player of the decade, must accept that Lakers dominated this new millenium, this is their era, without a question.

Asked me about greatest team? That was Chicago bulls that headed by michael jordan, although they got just 6 rings, that batch of bulls is unforgetable. How many promising teams from west was been upset because of this team, Having a record 6 rings in 6 championship appearance, and those championship appearance never reached 7 games.

Edited by RER

I disagree. Titles alone surely Boston is it. But overall performance including consistency year-in and out. Its got to be the LAKERS.

Problem is just because of being 1 title up people claim Boston to be the greatest franchise despite the fact that overall they have more losing season than the suppopsed 2nd running Lakers. Well this is the end all be all of all argument pertaining to the claim to greatness.

I recall a similar argument then involving another article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FranchiseRankings-Intro

Edited by peithe
Guest eljuego

I disagree. Titles alone surely Boston is it. But overall performance including consistency year-in and out. Its got to be the LAKERS.

Problem is just because of being 1 title up people claim Boston to be the greatest franchise despite the fact that overall they have more losing season than the suppopsed 2nd running Lakers. Well this is the end all be all of all argument pertaining to the claim to greatness.

I recall a similar argument then involving another article.

http://sports.espn.g...eRankings-Intro

At least I showed a Celtic hater saying that the Celtics are the greatest team of all-time. The bottomline is championships. Magpakita ka naman ng article na isang Laker hater saying that the Lakers are the greatest of all-time. At least walang bias yun diba. laugh.gifYung pinakita ko walang bias kasi nga Celtic hater sya.

By the way, explain to me how the Spurs could be better than the Bulls when the Bulls have 6 and the Spurs only have 4?

Can you also explain how the Suns which have a big fat egg in their trophy case could be better than the Pistons which has 3 and the Rockets which has 2 championships?

Edited by eljuego

At least I showed a Celtic hater saying that the Celtics are the greatest team of all-time. The bottomline is championships. Magpakita ka naman ng article na isang Laker hater saying that the Lakers are the greatest of all-time. At least walang bias yun diba. laugh.gifYung pinakita ko walang bias kasi nga Celtic hater sya.

By the way, explain to me how the Spurs could be better than the Bulls when the Bulls have 6 and the Spurs only have 4?

Can you also explain how the Suns which have a big fat egg in their trophy case could be better than the Pistons which has 3 and the Rockets which has 2 championships?

curiously a guy named megalodon also have the same queries ... what a co-incidence AGAIN :ohmy: .

Well after more than a year of waiting finally an article that shows otherwise ... from a LAKER fan at that. In due time I will give in to your request. ;)

Guest eljuego

Diverting from the subject. Explain to me how the Suns could be better than the Pistons and Rockets. Also, elaborate how the Spurs could rank higher than the Bulls. Or wala ka naman masabi? I'm betting on the latter. Tsk tsk. Another one bites the dust. I rest my case.

Edited by eljuego

Diverting from the subject. Explain to me how the Suns could be better than the Pistons and Rockets. Also, elaborate how the Spurs could rank higher than the Bulls. Or wala ka naman masabi? I'm betting on the latter. Tsk tsk. Another one bites the dust. I rest my case.

Seek and you shall find ... I think the writer did explain why do I have to say more since this is OT.

To satiate your curiousity. The author is a Celtic hater like you yet he still thinks that Boston is the greatest team of all-time.

http://bleacherrepor...anchise/page/11

if the post is a from a celtic hater, you normally dismiss it. but just because you get a favorable post from a celtic hater, you suddenly take it as gospel truth.

anyway, who is this mario gonzalez? is he the next messiah that you have to believe in what he said? next time you argue, dont rely on other people's opinion. make use of the facts and make your own.

Guest eljuego

if the post is a from a celtic hater, you normally dismiss it. but just because you get a favorable post from a celtic hater, you suddenly take it as gospel truth.

anyway, who is this mario gonzalez? is he the next messiah that you have to believe in what he said? next time you argue, dont rely on other people's opinion. make use of the facts and make your own.

Uhm, your friend told me I have a bias for the Cs so I showed him an article from a Celtic hater. It's more credible if it's from a Celtic hater than a Celtic fan, isn't it? Ok then, tell me how the Cs couldn't be the greatest team of all-time with 17 championships? Certainly I'll give more credence to a Laker fan than Magic fan since the Cs are the Lakers' greatest and most bitter rival.

Uhm, your friend told me I have a bias for the Cs so I showed him an article from a Celtic hater. It's more credible if it's from a Celtic hater than a Celtic fan, isn't it? Ok then, tell me how the Cs couldn't be the greatest team of all-time with 17 championships? Certainly I'll give more credence to a Laker fan than Magic fan since the Cs are the Lakers' greatest and most bitter rival.

im a magic fan, but i believe that the lakers are the greatest team of all time because of its consistency. give me a decade where the lakers never a contender or at least, made it to the finals. give me 5 years of no show in the playoffs.

i consider consistency as a best criteria rather than the number of rings, which the lakers is not far behind from the celtics.

here's your problem, you attack the person giving opinion rather than the opinion itself.

Edited by jopoc
Guest eljuego

im a magic fan, but i believe that the lakers are the greatest team of all time because of its consistency. give me a decade where the lakers never a contender or at least, made it to the finals. give me 5 years of no show in the playoffs.

i consider consistency as a best criteria rather than the number of rings, which the lakers is not far behind from the celtics.

here's your problem, you attack the person giving opinion rather than the opinion itself.

Haha! Yeah sure they consistently make the Finals and they are have a 50% winning rate in the Finals. The Celtics may have lesser trips to the Finals and they still have an 81% winning rate. It's not about the consistency, it's about winning the championship. The thing is, the Lakers have had 9 more trips than the Celtics yet they're still one short of the Cs when it comes to championships.

Huh? Attacked? I was asking him to answer questions from the article he posted. He couldn't defend it.

Since he's a friend of yours, perhaps you could answer in lieu of him. Explain to me how the Spurs could be better than the Bulls. Furthermore, enlighten me on how the Suns, which has nothing in its trophy case, be better than the the 3-time champion Pistons and the 2-time champion Rockets.

Haha! Yeah sure they consistently make the Finals and they are have a 50% winning rate in the Finals. The Celtics may have lesser trips to the Finals and they still have an 81% winning rate. It's not about the consistency, it's about winning the championship. The thing is, the Lakers have had 9 more trips than the Celtics yet they're still one short of the Cs when it comes to championships.

i did not say anything about consistently winning the finals. my point is simple, the lakers is more consistent in being one of the top teams in the league. in any given decade they made it to the finals, and in any given span of 3 (or 5) years, they made it to the playoffs.

kumbaga sa boston, there are time that they are really good, and there are time that they really suck. that is not the case of the lakers. i think there was a season that the celtics were last in the standings, which never happened to the lakers.

Huh? Attacked? I was asking him to answer questions from the article he posted. He couldn't defend it.

the attack i was saying is about your argument. you argue that you would give more credence to a laker fan than a magic fan. that is an absurdity. like i said, no matter what my team is, i look at everything objectively. i base my arguments on fact, not who made the opinion or view.

Since he's a friend of yours, perhaps you could answer in lieu of him. Explain to me how the Spurs could be better than the Bulls. Furthermore, enlighten me on how the Suns, which has nothing in its trophy case, be better than the the 3-time champion Pistons and the 2-time champion Rockets.

i cant explain other person's opinion. that's his and its his responsibility to answer to it.

besides, i treat everybody here in mtc is my friend, that includes you. i dont make enemies here.

Guest eljuego

i did not say anything about consistently winning the finals. my point is simple, the lakers is more consistent in being one of the top teams in the league. in any given decade they made it to the finals, and in any given span of 3 (or 5) years, they made it to the playoffs.

kumbaga sa boston, there are time that they are really good, and there are time that they really suck. that is not the case of the lakers. i think there was a season that the celtics were last in the standings, which never happened to the lakers.

the attack i was saying is about your argument. you argue that you would give more credence to a laker fan than a magic fan. that is an absurdity. like i said, no matter what my team is, i look at everything objectively. i base my arguments on fact, not who made the opinion or view.

Consistently winning the Finals is always better than consistently being in the Finals especially if you only won 3 times in the 11 championship meetings with your bitter rival.

Yeah, true, the Celtics sucked in the 90s and the early part of the millenium. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it but inspite of their 22 years of championship futility, the Lakers had all the chances to become the greatest of all-time by winning championships. 1991, 2004 and 2008. Had they won the 3 or even just one against the Cs, they would have been the greatest team of all-time as we speak.

As to my saying that I give more credence to a Laker fan than a Magic fan, it is coz traditionally Laker fans hate the Cs with a passion than a Magic fan. For a Laker fan to say that the Cs are the greatest team of all-time inspite of his hatred means that he was not wearing his purple and gold goggles when he wrote that article.

Edited by eljuego

Consistently winning the Finals is always better than consistently being in the Finals especially if you only won 3 times in the 11 championship meetings with your bitter rival.

Yeah, true, the Celtics sucked in the 90s and the early part of the millenium. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it but inspite of their 22 years of championship futility, the Lakers had all the chances to become the greatest of all-time by winning championships. 1991, 2004 and 2008. Had they won the 3 or even just one against the Cs, they would have been the greatest team of all-time as we speak.

like i said, on a yearly basis, except on a few years where they missed the playoffs, the lakers maintained at a competitive level. boston did not.

if you will make a point system for every finish made (like the F1 where a first place gets 25, 2nd gets 20, something like that), you will come up with a total where the lakers will beat the celtics.

for me, its not always about winning the rings, its about being competitive on a consistent basis.