Overrated Nba/pba Players

Guest eljuego

Oh yes Sir but that was a fluke more than anything else. And he teamed up with Antoine Walker then, with PP averaging 26.1 pts per game while AW was at 22.1 ppg. And after that, Boston went on downward spiral season after season until the arrival of KG and Ray Allen.

"The Truth" cant handle it alone.ph34r.gif

A fluke? :wacko: Haha! What made you say that it was a fluke?

A fluke? :wacko: Haha! What made you say that it was a fluke?

Have you not read the answer of Mr. RER Sir?

If not, we will reiterate - that 2002 season was one of the worst for the Eastern Conference. If you look at the teams who made playoffs, they were so bad that the finalist New Jersey, was swept by the LA Lakers 4-0. So bad that only two teams were able to register 50+ wins, the NJ Nets (52-30) and the Detroit Pistons (50-32).

Boston returned to playoffs for the first time since 1995 but after this season but afterwards, it never contended again until 2008. That Sir, is the meaning of fluke.

Still don't get it Sir?wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

Guest eljuego

If not, we will reiterate - that 2002 season was one of the worst for the Eastern Conference. If you look at the teams who made playoffs, they were so bad that the finalist New Jersey, was swept by the LA Lakers 4-0. So bad that only two teams were able to register 50+ wins, the NJ Nets (52-30) and the Detroit Pistons (50-32).

Boston returned to playoffs for the first time since 1995 but after this season but afterwards, it never contended again until 2008. That Sir, is the meaning of fluke.

You're calling that feat a fluke? They beat the Detroit Pistons which had the homecourt advantage in 5 games in the Eastern semis. The Cs won 2 games at Auburn Hills and you call that a fluke. Do you have to depend on RER's assessment and not your own? You don't call that a fluke. You call that Celtic mystique. But hey, everybody is entitled to his opinon. If you think it's a fluke, you can believe it even if your opinion is colored with an obvious bias against Pierce. My only post was Pierce led the Cs to the 2002 Eastern Conference Finals as the main man. So what if Antoine Walker was there? Was he the main man? You just can't handle the truth. :lol:

You're calling that feat a fluke? They beat the Detroit Pistons which had the homecourt advantage in 5 games in the Eastern semis. The Cs won 2 games at Auburn Hills and you call that a fluke. Do you have to depend on RER's assessment and not your own? You don't call that a fluke. You call that Celtic mystique. But hey, everybody is entitled to his opinon. If you think it's a fluke, you can believe it even if your opinion is colored with an obvious bias against Pierce. My only post was Pierce led the Cs to the 2002 Eastern Conference Finals as the main man. So what if Antoine Walker was there? Was he the main man? You just can't handle the truth. :lol:

i agree. that was not a fluke. parang yung orlando magic yan nung tinalo nila yung defending champs in 2009. they won 2 times in boston. :lol:

Guest eljuego

Nope. That one was a perfect example of a fluke. No KG yet the Magic took 7 games to beat the Cs. In the rematch last year with KG.....do I need to say it and rub salt on your wound? :lol: Ok I'll be euphemistic. No KG was a valid reason.

Nope. That one was a perfect example of a fluke. No KG yet the Magic took 7 games to beat the Cs. In the rematch last year with KG.....do I need to say it and rub salt on your wound? :lol: Ok I'll be euphemistic. No KG was a valid reason.

just as expected. your position is always pag panalo ang celtics, hindi fluke. pagtalo ang celtics, fluke. :P

if you really are aware of what happened, last season was a fluke for the celtics because shard was sick and forcing himself. that is a valid reason. :lol:

Edited by jopoc

ang fluke was nun 2008 kasi no Bynum. nun 2010 kahit injured si Bynum talo Boston. Shows that KG is overrated din as the heart and Soul coz obviouly the lakers size which they lost in 2008 was the deciding factor in 2010.

So what if Antoine Walker was there?

dude baka lalo kang masaktan sa "the truth" mo :lol:

Antoine Walker's accomplishment inside the ring was far better than PP.

Maybe pangit ang record ni walker off the court.

alam ko ibabanat mo is scoring, pero bro hindi scoring lagi ang pinag uusapan dito. yung part mo sa game na nagdala sa championship. Well kung main man si PP, kawawa naman ang boston isang beses lang nagchampion sa 10years, with a help of KG and Allen :lol:. You believed PP is the main man, but he cant be a good team captain, a good team captain will bring a crown to their team with or without kg or allen. But sad to say he need thse 2 guys for winning 1 ring while he was in boston for 10 years, and now he also need the help of shaq. Wow 1player nalang mabubuo na ang 2000 Nba Naional team :lol: nabalitaan pa na nagtry ang management ng boston na kunin si iverson, marbury at walker. Ganun kaaling si PP, masyadong reliable. The mose best player, underrated daw :lol:. Ang alam ko si joe johnson ang underrated kasi inayawan yan ng boston nung 2002 kasi kayang kaya ni PP ang season :lol:

why PP should no say he didnt cary the boston alon during the 2002 season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Walker

The next few years, Pierce and Walker were the 1-2 punch for the Celtics. In the 2001-2002 season, Walker had his best overall season by helping lead the Celtics to a 49-33 record and their first playoff berth in 7 years. He was second in his team in scoring (22.0 ppg), first in rebounds (9 rpg), and 1st in assists, (5.0 apg). Pierce and Walker took the team all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals where they fell to the New Jersey Nets in 6 games. The next season, Walker made his 3rd All-Star team.

Sino daw si Walker???

Pinabalik lang naman sya ng Boston nung 2005 para marebuild ang Boston, then later on isinamasa sa 13player deal(5team)

Walker would play as a reserve, often rotating between the power forward and small forward positions. Though he struggled early to adjust to this role, by the end of the season he was a crucial versatile force for the Heat. In the playoffs his production would increase, as he would be the third leading scorer for the team while making crucial 3 point baskets against the New Jersey Nets and the Detroit Pistons. On June 20, 2006, he won his first NBA Championship, contributing 14 points and 11 rebounds in the final game of the series againt the Dallas Mavericks.

AWARDS :

NBA Champion (2006)

3-time NBA All-Star (1998, 2002, and 2003)

NBA All-Rookie First Team (1997)

his records speaks

Guest eljuego

dude baka lalo kang masaktan sa "the truth" mo :lol:

Antoine Walker's accomplishment inside the ring was far better than PP.

Maybe pangit ang record ni walker off the court.

alam ko ibabanat mo is scoring, pero bro hindi scoring lagi ang pinag uusapan dito. yung part mo sa game na nagdala sa championship. Well kung main man si PP, kawawa naman ang boston isang beses lang nagchampion sa 10years, with a help of KG and Allen :lol:. You believed PP is the main man, but he cant be a good team captain, a good team captain will bring a crown to their team with or without kg or allen. But sad to say he need thse 2 guys for winning 1 ring while he was in boston for 10 years, and now he also need the help of shaq. Wow 1player nalang mabubuo na ang 2000 Nba Naional team :lol: nabalitaan pa na nagtry ang management ng boston na kunin si iverson, marbury at walker. Ganun kaaling si PP, masyadong reliable. The mose best player, underrated daw :lol:. Ang alam ko si joe johnson ang underrated kasi inayawan yan ng boston nung 2002 kasi kayang kaya ni PP ang season :lol:

Just as KG and Allen need him. Hindi the most best player, Best player lang. Nasaan na ngayon si Antoine Walker mo? Sa kangkungan? :lol: Do you think MJ, as good as he is, could have won without Scottie? Ano pala nangyari at pumalya si Bryant nung game 7 ng NBA Finals. He got his ass saved by Artest and the refs. Oh not to mention Perk's injury.

Just as KG and Allen need him. Hindi the most best player, Best player lang. Nasaan na ngayon si Antoine Walker mo? Sa kangkungan? :lol: Do you think MJ, as good as he is, could have won without Scottie? Ano pala nangyari at pumalya si Bryant nung game 7 ng NBA Finals. He got his ass saved by Artest and the refs. Oh not to mention Perk's injury.

anlayo ng sagot mo. KG and Allen badly need paul pierce dapat ata si paul pierce ang lumpat sa team nila. Ever known the word reinforcement??? oh yeah just like michael jordan when rodman joined him para may pantapat kay shaq sa orlando noon, like Gasol para may pamoste sina Kobe. But never say PP bring his celtics in 2002 play offs. ipasok mo ang celtics sa western conference during that time baka eliminated sila sa play off. That time tadtad ng malalakas ang western. And honestly kahit ano sabihin mo hindi naging 1man game ang celtics noon. Dahil kakampi nya si Walker. 2002 ang pinag uusapan natin, while walkers current status has nothing to do with the topic. :lol:

its funny how PP was so important which is KG and Allen need him? the reason why they go celtics because they need PP badly??? Nice joke anyway. you made my day :lol:

Edited by RER

It seems that you are really having difficulty getting it Sir. When we say fluke, what we mean is that Boston with PP as main man was a one season wonder with that 2002 playoff run that culminated in its elimination in the Eastern Conference finals by NJ Nets. After that season, it was a downward spiral.

Just take note-- 2003 -eliminated in the playoff semis; 2004 - eliminated in the 1st round; 2005 - eliminated again in the 1st round; 2006 was ranked 11th in the entire Eastern Conference; and 2007 was ranked 15th and last in the Eastern Conference.

Putting aside the issues on Antoine Walker, the arrival of KG and Allen in 2007-08, the downward slide of your fave franchise from 2003-2007 was anchored by its main man, your one and only TRUTH - Paul Pierce. I cannot for the life of me understand how someone who claims to be a superstar cannot be called overrated when he singlehandedly brought down his franchise from the cusp of the Eastern Conference FINALS to being ranked 15th in just 4 years, which by the way, was the TRUTH's prime years.

Perhaps Sir you should already wave the menacing gang sign that your idol brandished in the 2008 playoffs against Al Horford. You are running out of defense for your guy. wub.gif

another point, when KG was acquired by boston, he was offered to be the team capt. he just declined out of courtesy. meaning, the trust and confidence of PP is not that high.

secondly, if PP was really the main man of boston, he could have beaten the magic when KG was out. ano nga ba ang valid reason ni megalodon at ni eljuego (na hindi daw iisa).... VALID REASON NA WALA SI KG KASI SYA ANG HEART AND SOUL NG TEAM. :lol:

hindi lang overrated si PP... overacting pa. :lol:

Edited by jopoc

Dami namang nitpickers dito. ^_^ PP certainly is not superstar in the level of Kobe or Lebron or Shaq (a few years back). But he certainly has built an impressive enough resume over the course of his career and would most likely be a Hall of Famer. In my book, he is not overrated.

i never said that his achievment is nothing. pero dud sabihin mo na si kg and allen(future hall o famer din) needed PP, and perhaps the reason why they go to Boston. its a hyperbole. :lol: Hindi ako naniniwalang bading si KG at allen.

i never said that his achievment is nothing. pero dud sabihin mo na si kg and allen(future hall o famer din) needed PP, and perhaps the reason why they go to Boston. its a hyperbole. :lol: Hindi ako naniniwalang bading si KG at allen.

Just want to add also that while KG wanted to be traded back in before the 07-08 season started Boston was not among the teams he initially wanted to go to (that was the time si PP pa lang ang star dun). It was reported that the clincher was actually Ray Allen signing afterwhich KG decided to join the bandwagon.

So what does this tell us ... KG would have never joined Boston with ONLY PP there.

si beasley, ang yabang nung nadraft sya ng miami sabay nagparehab. :lol: kaya nama pala mayabs, adik

May kilala din akong isang player na halos ganyan ang istorya...mas malala pa.

Si Len Bias, un highly touted rookie ng Boston nun dekada 80s. Nun na draft siya so sobrang saya nagcelebrate. Imbes na tumoma lang e di nakuntento at nag COKE pati. Ayun nasobrahan kaya imbes na feeling heaven ay napunta sa heaven kasi DEDO. ETo daw un 2nd coming sana ni MJ saka di daw madodomina ng LA ang 80s kung nagkapaglaro itong batang ito kaya sa tingin ko OVERRATED din. Di pa nakakapaglaro ng 1 game sa NBA ganun na press release.

Edited by peithe
Guest eljuego

anlayo ng sagot mo. KG and Allen badly need paul pierce dapat ata si paul pierce ang lumpat sa team nila. Ever known the word reinforcement??? oh yeah just like michael jordan when rodman joined him para may pantapat kay shaq sa orlando noon, like Gasol para may pamoste sina Kobe. But never say PP bring his celtics in 2002 play offs. ipasok mo ang celtics sa western conference during that time baka eliminated sila sa play off. That time tadtad ng malalakas ang western. And honestly kahit ano sabihin mo hindi naging 1man game ang celtics noon. Dahil kakampi nya si Walker. 2002 ang pinag uusapan natin, while walkers current status has nothing to do with the topic. :lol:

its funny how PP was so important which is KG and Allen need him? the reason why they go celtics because they need PP badly??? Nice joke anyway. you made my day :lol:

Ano kamo? "But never say PP bring his Celtics in the 2002 playoffs". If it wasn't Pierce who spearheaded that march to the 2002 Eastern Conference Finals, then who? :lol: If you included New Jersey in the Western Conference in the 2002 playoffs, they'd get smoked by LA or Sacramento that's why don't nitpick on Boston alone. Yung sinasabi ko lang si PP yung main man ng Celtics ng 2002 and he was a major factor in the Celtics march to the playoffs. Kung san san na umabot yung mga post mo. May Walker ka pang ininsert. Si Walker ba yung main man ng Celtics nung time na yun? PIerce is still a major factor with the Cs. Walker is done. Sinuka sya ng Boston in the 2003-04 season inspite of him averaging 20 points and 7 rebounds the season before.

Guest eljuego

Dami namang nitpickers dito. ^_^ PP certainly is not superstar in the level of Kobe or Lebron or Shaq (a few years back). But he certainly has built an impressive enough resume over the course of his career and would most likely be a Hall of Famer. In my book, he is not overrated.

Right on the money. Pierce is not on the level of Bryant, James or Wade. A second-tier superstar perhaps. He was still a Finals MVP, a feat which is something to be proud of considering the caliber of his two other teammates.

Guest eljuego

It seems that you are really having difficulty getting it Sir. When we say fluke, what we mean is that Boston with PP as main man was a one season wonder with that 2002 playoff run that culminated in its elimination in the Eastern Conference finals by NJ Nets. After that season, it was a downward spiral.

Just take note-- 2003 -eliminated in the playoff semis; 2004 - eliminated in the 1st round; 2005 - eliminated again in the 1st round; 2006 was ranked 11th in the entire Eastern Conference; and 2007 was ranked 15th and last in the Eastern Conference.

Putting aside the issues on Antoine Walker, the arrival of KG and Allen in 2007-08, the downward slide of your fave franchise from 2003-2007 was anchored by its main man, your one and only TRUTH - Paul Pierce. I cannot for the life of me understand how someone who claims to be a superstar cannot be called overrated when he singlehandedly brought down his franchise from the cusp of the Eastern Conference FINALS to being ranked 15th in just 4 years, which by the way, was the TRUTH's prime years.

Perhaps Sir you should already wave the menacing gang sign that your idol brandished in the 2008 playoffs against Al Horford. You are running out of defense for your guy. wub.gif

Sir Nathan, everyone is entitled to his opinon. You can lambast Pierce all you want. All I posted was that he was the main man in Boston's march to the 2002 Eastern Finals then a deluge of haters suddenly pop out out of nowhere. Whatever you say about Pierce, he was a Finals MVP which is no easy feat considering the caliber of teammates like KG and Allen. He is currently Boston's third all-time leading scorer after Larry Legend and Hondo. He will have surpassed Larry Bird and be the second all-time leading scorer of the greatest team of all-time once his career is over. Just like sir dencio, I believe he will make it to the HOF. I rest my case.

Edited by eljuego

Sir Nathan, everyone is entitled to his opinon. You can lambast Pierce all you want. All I posted was that he was the main man in Boston's march to the 2002 Eastern Finals then a deluge of haters suddenly pop out out of nowhere. Whatever you say about Pierce, he was a Finals MVP which is no easy feat considering the caliber of teammates like KG and Allen. He is currently Boston's third all-time leading scorer after Larry Legend and Hondo. He will have surpassed Larry Bird and be the second all-time leading scorer of the greatest team of all-time once his career is over. Just like sir dencio, I believe he will make it to the HOF. I rest my case.

The deluge of haters actually came because you don't know how to respond correctly Sir.

Your reply above clearly shows our argument to be correct. Yes PP is finals MVP in 2008, yes he is 3rd all-time leading scorer in Boston, yes he may surpass the great Larry Bird in scoring, and yes he may be enshrined in the Hall of Fame. But that is precisely the point - he may be a scorer and an MVP, but he is simply a one dimensional player and clearly OVERRATED.

The problem is you people believe him to be a superstar, yet you yourselves could not even line him up against MJ, Kobe and LBJ. If he is not in that caliber, then there is no such thing as 2nd -tier superstar.

You are either a superstar or NOT.

By now, you should get it Sir.

Edited by Nathan M. York

Ano kamo? "But never say PP bring his Celtics in the 2002 playoffs". If it wasn't Pierce who spearheaded that march to the 2002 Eastern Conference Finals, then who?

backread ka bro, highlight ko na ha. wikipedia yan galing hindi from PP fans

why PP should no say he didnt cary the boston alon during the 2002 season

The next few years, Pierce and Walker were the 1-2 punch for the Celtics. In the 2001-2002 season, Walker had his best overall season by helping lead the Celtics to a 49-33 record and their first playoff berth in 7 years. He was second in his team in scoring (22.0 ppg), first in rebounds (9 rpg), and 1st in assists, (5.0 apg). Pierce and Walker took the team all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals where they fell to the New Jersey Nets in 6 games. The next season, Walker made his 3rd All-Star team.

Sino daw si Walker???

Pinabalik lang naman sya ng Boston nung 2005 para marebuild ang Boston, then later on isinamasa sa 13player deal(5team)

AWARDS :

NBA Champion (2006)

3-time NBA All-Star (1998, 2002, and 2003)

NBA All-Rookie First Team (1997)

his records speaks

^^^ so nag iisa ba talaga si PP mo??? :lol: maaring high scoring sya. Pero he didnt bring Boston alone to conference finals :lol:

Edited by RER

^^^ so nag iisa ba talaga si PP mo??? :lol: maaring high scoring sya. Pero he didnt bring Boston alone to conference finals :lol:

bakit, naging finals mvp ba si walker tulad ni PP? so si pierce lang talaga ang nagdala sa boston sa conf finals. :lol:

ps. kung kaya ni PP na magdala ng team sa conf finals ng mag-isa, bakit hindi nya nagawa yun nung wala si KG?