Overrated Nba/pba Players

Mukhang hindi mo naintindihan yung mga posts ko, or you were not reading them thoroughly..

You said that Kobe will be a notch below the greatest players of all time because he's not a leader, right? And he's not a leader because he can't win championships without another all-star/go-to guy, correct?

what a weird guy saying that he is not a top notch player.

then how come no one in the league except wilt scored 80 and above?

scored 60+ pts in 3 qtrs ahead of the total score of the opposing team.

scored 40+ pts consecutive.

and you say he is a type of a player like blaylock?

how about sakuragi pang ilan ba sya ngayon sa NBA? baka #1 sya :D

dude wake up.

most of those former NBA player saying KOBE is atleast a top 10 and maybe a top 5 when he win a ring this season and for you he is just a regular all-star player?

and to think hindi ka pa hater nyan ha :D

hmm maybe you saying nash, dirk, wade are more better than KOBE?

bakit di mo nalang sabihin parang level lang sya ni steve francis na namamahinga na din ngayon :D

Guest inquirer
These are some of the NBA's ATGs and Hall of Famers..

Michael Jordan

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Larry Bird

Wilt Chamberlain

Clyde Drexler

Julius Erving

Patrick Ewing

Walt Frazier

George Gervin

Magic Johnson

Karl Malone

Moses Malone

Kevin McHale

Hakeem Olajuwon

Shaquille O'Neal

Scottie Pippen

David Robinson

Bill Russell

John Stockton

Isiah Thomas

Wes Unseld

James Worthy

I'll just pick one, drexler a notch above kobe??

this guy have to be traded with his college buddy for him to win one.

^

isa pa si stockton..

i mean, following slam's basis for consideration for being an all time great, you should win an nba title sans another star for a teammate. that should prove a player's mettle for leadership. without leadership, you shouldn't be considered an all time great.

problem with stockton is, he doesn't have a championship ring to show for. this despite being paired with arguably the best power forward in the league's history.

Read again, I said a notch BELOW the greatest players of all time.

no bro, i was referring to your list of all time greats. they are the greatest, yes. yet all overhyped by your line of thought.

You said that Kobe will be a notch below the greatest players of all time because he's not a leader, right? And he's not a leader because he can't win championships without another all-star/go-to guy, correct?

WRONG! AGAIN YOU GUYS ARE NOT READING MY POSTS WELL ENOUGH, I ADVISE YOU TO DO SOME BACKREADING BEFORE YOU REPLY :thumbsdownsmiley:

what a weird guy saying that he is not a top notch player.

then how come no one in the league except wilt scored 80 and above?

scored 60+ pts in 3 qtrs ahead of the total score of the opposing team.

scored 40+ pts consecutive.

and you say he is a type of a player like blaylock?

how about sakuragi pang ilan ba sya ngayon sa NBA? baka #1 sya :D

dude wake up.

most of those former NBA player saying KOBE is atleast a top 10 and maybe a top 5 when he win a ring this season and for you he is just a regular all-star player?

and to think hindi ka pa hater nyan ha :D

hmm maybe you saying nash, dirk, wade are more better than KOBE?

bakit di mo nalang sabihin parang level lang sya ni steve francis na namamahinga na din ngayon :D

You're obviously one of those who are not reading my posts well enough, do some backreading first before you reply.. pero for your benefit ipo-post ko na lang ulit yung reason ko why I said Kobe's an overrated player:

"Anyhow, for the sake of argument, here are my reasons why I listed their names.

James Yap is nicknamed by Mr. Mico Halili as "The Man with a Million Moves"..wtf, for a player who moves slow on his feet when he drives to the basket and throws a one-handed, hand-gripped shot..the nickname is just too much for his calibre, much less winning the MVP plum a couple of years ago. and as an outside shooter? I can give you 5 names who is better than him when it comes to shooting the three-point shot and yet these players are not even considered as one of the best bball players in the PBA.

Kobe Bryant on the other hand, was a conceited SOB way back when the Lakers have been winning championships with him and Shaq in the frontline..openly saying that he was the leader of the team and the main reason why the lakers have won the championships, (kaya nga asar sa kanya si O'neil)..IMHO, Kobe is an ALL Star player, no doubt about it, but for him to be on the top 10 MVP candidates for the past few seasons (and have actually won the plum last year) is an overrating for him..IMO he's just the guy who throws too many shots (being a ball-hog) he averages 25-30 shots per ballgame and any good-enough player and a ball-hog like kobe can produce the same stats so long as they give that player 25-30 shots a ball game.

Steve Nash, is a good player, but for him to win back to back MVP's is again, an overrating, beating the likes of Dirk, Shaq and Lebron in the race. for most of his career, Steve Nash was an above average player, it was just when he moved back to the Suns that he was considered as one of the best players in the NBA, in fact he was already in his 30's when he won the MVP plum."

Edited by Sl@MDuNk_Mitsui14

than how come a lot of volume shooter are not scoring what KOBE did?

lebron did shoot more than 30++ too and he only score less than 50.

why wade cannot score more than 50?

why other shooting guard cannot score 40?

if you saying he is just a volume shooter than why he is the only volume shooter that can score that much?

ask WILT how come he scored 100 pts in 60 FG?

why the great MJ cannot score 70 when he did even shoot that much?

why a lot of people like you simply hate KOBE?

You're obviously one of those who are not reading my posts well enough, do some backreading first before you reply.. pero for your benefit ipo-post ko na lang ulit yung reason ko why I said Kobe's an overrated player:

"Anyhow, for the sake of argument, here are my reasons why I listed their names.

James Yap is nicknamed by Mr. Mico Halili as "The Man with a Million Moves"..wtf, for a player who moves slow on his feet when he drives to the basket and throws a one-handed, hand-gripped shot..the nickname is just too much for his calibre, much less winning the MVP plum a couple of years ago. and as an outside shooter? I can give you 5 names who is better than him when it comes to shooting the three-point shot and yet these players are not even considered as one of the best bball players in the PBA.

Kobe Bryant on the other hand, was a conceited SOB way back when the Lakers have been winning championships with him and Shaq in the frontline..openly saying that he was the leader of the team and the main reason why the lakers have won the championships, (kaya nga asar sa kanya si O'neil)..IMHO, Kobe is an ALL Star player, no doubt about it, but for him to be on the top 10 MVP candidates for the past few seasons (and have actually won the plum last year) is an overrating for him..IMO he's just the guy who throws too many shots (being a ball-hog) he averages 25-30 shots per ballgame and any good-enough player and a ball-hog like kobe can produce the same stats so long as they give that player 25-30 shots a ball game.

Steve Nash, is a good player, but for him to win back to back MVP's is again, an overrating, beating the likes of Dirk, Shaq and Lebron in the race. for most of his career, Steve Nash was an above average player, it was just when he moved back to the Suns that he was considered as one of the best players in the NBA, in fact he was already in his 30's when he won the MVP plum."

^^

para sa akin hindi overrated itong dalawa. they're just too full of themselves and wasted their God-given talent.

You are probably right about that regarding Marbury and Francis. Steve Francis was just a waste for me and could have been a great PG. As for "Starbury", I wasn't really a fan. Let's see other overrated players-- ahhh lemon top picks in the draft like Kwame Brown, Michael Olowakandi and Darko Milicic. Di naman pala ganun kagagaling!

what ever stats you put...what ever reasons you say...Kobe will always be a step behind MJ...some things can't be seen through stats...

If Kobe wins 1-2-3 more titles he would be there contending with MJ with the GOAT title...but dream-on b'coz MJ will always come out on TOP.

As the Great "Magic" once said...There is Michael Jordan, and there's the rest of "US".

81pts? 60+in 3 qtrs?

hmm how about...

6 Titles...

Rookie of the Year...

6 Finals MVP (never lost a Finals series)...

5 Reg. Season MVP's...

Defensive Player of the Year...

30+pts/8+rebs/8+assist<----Reg...season average in the most Defensive Oriented ERA...where KOBE can't cry foul on HAND-CHECKING...

where a Technical Foul would be a Flagrant or EJECTION now...

where MJ "toys" with Bruce Bowen and makes KOBE eat his heart out...

6 Championships w/o a Superb Post-Up Bigman...unlike Shaq and Gasol (if Ever they win I Hope!)

1st ever Triple-Double in the ALL-STAR game...

not all of us hates KOBE...in fact I must say he'd be closest to MJ...but to put KOBE ahead of MJ is basketball BLASPHEMY!!! hehehehe

Edited by ungas143

Pwede ba overrated coach dito? I hope hindi OT. :rolleyes:

I think Phil Jackson is the most overrated coach in the NBA. <_< Swerte lang talaga siya that he had Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc and company in Chicago; Kobe and Shaq in LA, kaya he has 9 NBA rings in his fingers.

Edited by jjfront

are you on topic dude?

how come you discussing jordan here and his what you call 6 rings?

we are defending kobe from a homer saying that kobe is an overrated nba player.

and drexler is far better than kobe and even other players are far better than kobe in his book.

and he even say that kobe is a hype by media while all i know is that most of the media doesnt like kobe because most of them are an MJ fan.

got my point?

better read the topic before quoting some of my post.

what ever stats you put...what ever reasons you say...Kobe will always be a step behind MJ...some things can't be seen through stats...

If Kobe wins 1-2-3 more titles he would be there contending with MJ with the GOAT title...but dream-on b'coz MJ will always come out on TOP.

As the Great "Magic" once said...There is Michael Jordan, and there's the rest of "US".

81pts? 60+in 3 qtrs?

hmm how about...

6 Titles...

Rookie of the Year...

6 Finals MVP (never lost a Finals series)...

5 Reg. Season MVP's...

Defensive Player of the Year...

30+pts/8+rebs/8+assist<----Reg...season average in the most Defensive Oriented ERA...where KOBE can't cry foul on HAND-CHECKING...

where a Technical Foul would be a Flagrant or EJECTION now...

where MJ "toys" with Bruce Bowen and makes KOBE eat his heart out...

6 Championships w/o a Superb Post-Up Bigman...unlike Shaq and Gasol (if Ever they win I Hope!)

1st ever Triple-Double in the ALL-STAR game...

not all of us hates KOBE...in fact I must say he'd be closest to MJ...but to put KOBE ahead of MJ is basketball BLASPHEMY!!! hehehehe