Overrated Nba/pba Players

Point#1: I didnt say that Steve Nash doesnt deserve his FIRST MVP plum, you can give it to the guy, because as you have said "he turned the team around", but this is what I said: "Steve Nash, is a good player, but for him to win back to back MVP's is again, an overrating"

Nash isn't that good of a player to win back-to-back MVP's, he isn't that ELITE of a player to join the ranks of Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Moses Malone, Wilt Chamberlain Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bill Russell, and Tim Duncan all of which have won back-to-back MVP's, its clear that you can't compare Steve Nash to these elite list of players.. Steve Nash is an overrated player period. And one more thing, just because a player turned things around for a certain team doesn't automatically earn him the right to be an MVP, i can give you a list of players who turned things around upon joining a struggling team but didn't win the MVP the same season.

Point#2: I didn't say Kobe's overrated because he's conceited, you're obviously not reading my post well enough, Yes, he's conceited as far as I'm concerned, but the reason I said he's overrated was that he's just the type of player who shoots the ball way too much, HE'S A BALL-HOG.. Kobe Bryant is a HYPED-UP player IMO, Is Kobe an All-Star player? YES he is! but is he that good as most people perceived him to be? HELL NO! You can compare Kobe to Allen Iverson when he was with the 76ers. Yes, he's not shooting and keeping the ball by himself this season, and he's more toned down so to speak, partly because he realized that there are better players than him in the NBA, Lebron and Dwayne are obviously better ball players than Kobe considering that these two are only in their 6th NBA season. I think it was Jerry West himself who said that Lebron already surpassed Kobe as a player, Well the truth is Kobe is a hyped-up player.. and after a few more years and after everything is written down, Kobe's name will be a notch below the NBA greats. He'll be just like Mookie Blaylock, Allen Iverson, Bernard King or Glenn Rice who were all All-Star players, but not one of the greats.. and let me be the first one to say this, Kobe and the Lakers will never win an NBA championship up to the time he retires. you better believe it.

Hmmm...Kobe and the Lakers just draw first blood in the series and 3 more wins and u will eat your words, man...

Better believe in Magic!

Hmmm...Kobe and the Lakers just draw first blood in the series and 3 more wins and u will eat your words, man...

Better believe in Magic!

LOL! you are funny.. I didnt say that the Lakers wont win a game. MAGIC WILL WIN THIS SERIES in 7 games 4 wins to 3! so you'll be happy in 2 more playing dates since the Lakers will win 2 more games, pero hanggang dun na lang yun. lol!

*KOBE BRYANT IS AN OVERRATED PLAYER, HE WON'T WIN ANY CHAMPIONSHIPS SO LONG AS HE IS THE LEADER OF THE TEAM,.. ANY TEAM*..

Edited by Sl@MDuNk_Mitsui14

i can name a lot.... lahat ng first round draft choice s NBA specially the top no. 1 draft who are either retire or sitting on the bench..... mwhahahaha....

Really??? - including Magic, Kareem, Isiah, Hakeem, Robinson - all of whom are now retired? :rolleyes:

man, when cat posts something, i have to restrain myself from replying since i don't think it's going to go anywhere anyhows. but it's posts like this that makes you go arrrrggghhh!!

para hindi ot, i don't have to look further than my pistons. darko, drafted 2nd with high expectations- a bust.

LOL! you are funny.. I didnt say that the Lakers wont win a game. MAGIC WILL WIN THIS SERIES in 7 games 4 wins to 3! so you'll be happy in 2 more playing dates since the Lakers will win 2 more games, pero hanggang dun na lang yun. lol!

*KOBE BRYANT IS AN OVERRATED PLAYER, HE WON'T WIN ANY CHAMPIONSHIPS SO LONG AS HE IS THE LEADER OF THE TEAM,.. ANY TEAM*..

This dude's a Kobe hater. Youre gonna eat your words pal.

Guest megalodon
gusto q matalo c Kobe para hindi na xa maicompare kay MJ, badtrip ako sa mga fans ni Kobe na nagsa2bing mas magaling si Kobe kexa ky MJ. Pero, hindi ako galit kay Kobe, sa mga fans lang nya at ung media na sobra qng mag hype sa kanya.

In terms of athleticism, I'd say that Kobe and MJ are on the same level. But MJ has a bigger heart. He just won't let his team lose.

fundamentally speaking Kobe is better than MJ. wlang teardrop s MJ heheheh, pero ang intimidating factor+MJ excelled in the defense oriented era 80-90's mas unstoppable c MJ. c Kobe 50/50 ang laro pag napipikon, c MJ sigurado 100% hehehehe.

Kobe made a bold statement last year's finals. He guaranteed that there will be a 7th game, pero butata ang labas nya. D nya na back-up ung sinabi nya. c MJ naman nung presscon after game 6 nila ng indiana with his composed and relaxed mood said boldly "You can say whatever about this game, but definitely we will win game 7", which they did. Many other great stars made different kinds of promises but was not able to back-them up. so I think yun yung pinagkaiba ni MJ. At alam nyu ba na Basketball Blasphemy kapag e-compare na c MJ sa kahit kaninong player pa. hehehe

Edited by Lycos
Guest megalodon
fundamentally speaking Kobe is better than MJ. wlang teardrop s MJ heheheh, pero ang intimidating factor+MJ excelled in the defense oriented era 80-90's mas unstoppable c MJ. c Kobe 50/50 ang laro pag napipikon, c MJ sigurado 100% hehehehe.

Kobe made a bold statement last year's finals. He guaranteed that there will be a 7th game, pero butata ang labas nya. D nya na back-up ung sinabi nya. c MJ naman nung presscon after game 6 nila ng indiana with his composed and relaxed mood said boldly "You can say whatever about this game, but definitely we will win game 7", which they did. Many other great stars made different kinds of promises but was not able to back-them up. so I think yun yung pinagkaiba ni MJ. At alam nyu ba na Basketball Blasphemy kapag e-compare na c MJ sa kahit kaninong player pa. hehehe

MJ has a bigger heart. Kobe still has to prove he has one.

James Yap - Daming monicker like "King James", "The man with a million moves" (igz!), and even "papa james". Come on! Kahit sina MJ, Kobe, Wade and even Lebron hindi sinabihan ng kahit sinong sportscaster/announcer na merong "a million moves" kahit i-combine mo pa sila. At pag sinabi mong "King James" sa sporting world it rightfully refers to Lebron and no one else!

LMAO! this one is new...are you serious?

This dude's a Kobe hater. Youre gonna eat your words pal.

Im not a Kobe hater, I just think that he is an over-hyped player, over-hyped by the media and by his fans.. He doesn't have the quality to be a leader, thus IMO, he will never ever win a championship as long as he's the leader of a team unless of course if you back him up with another ALL-STAR player and a go-to-guy..Most of us know the reason they won those champioships in LA in the early 2k, its because Shaq was there and he was the MAIN REASON they won those championships and not Kobe..

As Ive said before, after everything is written down, KOBE BRYANT'S name will be a notch below the great players who have played in the NBA, I can just compare him to a PENNY HARDAWAY, MOOKIE BLAYLOCK or a BERNARD KING, who were all good scorers but they're not one of the greats.

Guest inquirer
Im not a Kobe hater, I just think that he is an over-hyped player, over-hyped by the media and by his fans.. He doesn't have the quality to be a leader, thus IMO, he will never ever win a championship as long as he's the leader of a team unless of course if you back him up with another ALL-STAR player and a go-to-guy..Most of us know the reason they won those champioships in LA in the early 2k, its because Shaq was there and he was the MAIN REASON they won those championships and not Kobe..

As Ive said before, after everything is written down, KOBE BRYANT'S name will be a notch below the great players who have played in the NBA, I can just compare him to a PENNY HARDAWAY, MOOKIE BLAYLOCK or a BERNARD KING, who were all good scorers but they're not one of the greats.

unbelievable :upside:

maybe you are talking about lebron being hype???

most of the media hate KOBE if I remember.

maybe you might want to ask Smith a former Portland player kung idol nya din si KOBE kasi ng nag sasalita sya kasama si Rick Kamla sinabi nyang mas magaling si KOBE interms of skills and fundamentals.

he played both player by the way and I guess hindi naman siguro papaling yun sa isang player lang as an idol dahil he is even a good shooter.

gusto q matalo c Kobe para hindi na xa maicompare kay MJ, badtrip ako sa mga fans ni Kobe na nagsa2bing mas magaling si Kobe kexa ky MJ. Pero, hindi ako galit kay Kobe, sa mga fans lang nya at ung media na sobra qng mag hype sa kanya.

and this is the best post na nabasa ko dito.

akalain mo hindi pa sya hater nyan eh paano nalang kapag hater pa sya :D

dapat pala hindi na lang pinag lalaro si kobe at pinatitira dahil wala naman palang kwentang player eh dahil kasing level nya lang si MOOKIE BLAYLOCK :D

funny :P

baka dala lang ng pinapanood mong shohoku yang inisip mo tsong dahil pang cartoons lang :P

nood ka naman ng true game hindi pang cartoons :)

WRONG! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Ill quote your last post again:

and let me be the first one to say this, Kobe and the Lakers will never win an NBA championship up to the time he retires. you better believe it.

You said that Kobe will never win a championship until he retires(eventhough he has already 3 rings w/ the Lakers) and this season as a LEADER of the Lakers and leading his team to a 2-0 lead in the finals against Orlando, They have a better chance of winning the Championship and you have a better chance to EAT UR WORDS,DUDE!

Who's funny now??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mookie Blaylock? By the way, the latest interview of Penny Hardaway - he said Kobe is top 5 or top 10 greatest players.

kobe is over hyped bec. 'he doesnt have the quality (sic) to be a leader.'

bec. he is not a good leader, he will not win a championship without another all star teammate.

ergo, kobe is overhyped because he will not win a championship without another all star teammate. :) and vice-versa.

i'm neutral when it comes to kobe and the lakers (actually, every team but the pistons). just have to get that out of the way.

while i don't get to watch laker games that often, i was able to get extended glimpses of the 2 concluded games of the current nba finals. i observed that the lakers, both the players and the coaching staff, but especially the players, look up to kobe and seem to consider his opinion in their plays. now if that is not an indication that he is a leader, i don't know what is. is he a good one? well, they've reached the nba finals the past two years. without shaq. should be self explanatory.

come to think of it, all the so-called great leader players that have won an nba title had at least another great player as a team mate. jordan had pippen (and rodman during the latter years). magic had kareem (and a host of others in the latter years). and bird had mchale (and a host of others as well). so i don't subscribe to the notion that a good leader is one wins championships without another good back-up team mate. otherwise, all those three players are just overhyped.

kobe is over hyped bec. 'he doesnt have the quality (sic) to be a leader.'

bec. he is not a good leader, he will not win a championship without another all star teammate.

ergo, kobe is overhyped because he will not win a championship without another all star teammate. :) and vice-versa.

i'm neutral when it comes to kobe and the lakers (actually, every team but the pistons). just have to get that out of the way.

while i don't get to watch laker games that often, i was able to get extended glimpses of the 2 concluded games of the current nba finals. i observed that the lakers, both the players and the coaching staff, but especially the players, look up to kobe and seem to consider his opinion in their plays. now if that is not an indication that he is a leader, i don't know what is. is he a good one? well, they've reached the nba finals the past two years. without shaq. should be self explanatory.

come to think of it, all the so-called great leader players that have won an nba title had at least another great player as a team mate. jordan had pippen (and rodman during the latter years). magic had kareem (and a host of others in the latter years). and bird had mchale (and a host of others as well). so i don't subscribe to the notion that a good leader is one wins championships without another good back-up team mate. otherwise, all those three players are just overhyped.

Absolutely right! this is the same reason I said in my other post about Lebron James even before the playoffs started, that as good of a player Lebron James is, he will not win the NBA championship this year.

Now going back to Kobe, I stick to what I've said in the past, He is overrated (not just for the reasons you've quoted from me in my last post you may wanna backread to my earlier posts in this thread), I couldn't care less what these other posters who are obviously KOBE FANATICS (or should I say nuthuggers?) say.. the thing is, there's a THIN LINE between being an ALL-STAR Player and being named as an ALL-TIME GREAT, and these people are confused between these two categories.

Then again, after a few more years, after Kobe retires and everything is written down, KOBE'S NAME WILL BE A NOTCH BELOW THE GREATEST PLAYERS OF ALL TIME..

Guest inquirer
Absolutely right! this is the same reason I said in my other post about Lebron James even before the playoffs started, that as good of a player Lebron James is, he will not win the NBA championship this year.

Now going back to Kobe, I stick to what I've said in the past, He is overrated (not just for the reasons you've quoted from me in my last post you may wanna backread to my earlier posts in this thread), I couldn't care less what these other posters who are obviously KOBE FANATICS (or should I say nuthuggers?) say.. the thing is, there's a THIN-LINE between being an ALL-STAR Player and being named as an ALL-TIME GREAT, and these people are confused between these two categories.

Then again, after a few more years, after Kobe retires and everything is written down, KOBE'S NAME WILL BE A NOTCH BELOW THE GREATEST PLAYERS OF ALL TIME..

oh please tell us who are on your list of the greatest players of all time?

oh please tell us who are on your list of the greatest players of all time?

These are some of the NBA's ATGs and Hall of Famers..

Michael Jordan

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Larry Bird

Wilt Chamberlain

Clyde Drexler

Julius Erving

Patrick Ewing

Walt Frazier

George Gervin

Magic Johnson

Karl Malone

Moses Malone