Blizzard: Starcraft 2

Darkliquid

Guest hastati

I wish I could play against a Korean so I can watch the replay and know his tactics. :D My opponents in practice games are usually Australians/Thais/Singaporeans.

Edited by hastati
Guest hastati

I would love to watch koreans play. But I'd be too scared to play with them :D

Here's the best Zerg player I've seen so far. The Terran player is also damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HDstarcraft#p/u/1/kbaUZiiZ86A

Wish I could play like them.

Haha! This is the Metalopolis stage. Terrans are usually the preferred races of my opponents in this stage. The dude was using only zerglings as defense and offense. Pretty good.

Guest hastati

I was concentrating more on the zerglings harassing the reaper and the scv. Do you have the conclusion to this game? What league are they from? Southeast Asia ba?

Guest hastati

I was victimized by a cheezy player. Haha! Establishing photon cannons in my base. Anyway, before I started a game in a league, I was ranked 74. Upon winning, I shot up to 49. Puede ba yun?

Edited by hastati

I was victimized by a cheezy player. Haha! Establishing photon cannons in my base. Anyway, before I started a game in a league, I was ranked 74. Upon winning, I shot up to 49. Puede ba yun?

Yes. Nsa scoring kasi yun, ndi sa win/lose rate. Kaya mapapansin mo may mga maps na "favored, slightly favored, even". Pag mas lugi ka sa map at nanalo ka, mas mataas points mo.

Before, I was ranked 64, then after winning 2 matches, I jumped to rank 50-ish.

Cheesy players b? hehehehe..

2 ginagawa ko sa photon cannon rush s base:

1. early scout, if you see a probe warping a photon cannon, k*ll it.

2. maglagay ng defense near your comm center (spine crawler, bunker), para ndi na magexpand ng photon cannons sa base mo - limited lang sila on a certain perimeter outside your base. Then you can build transports or air units tapos ibackdoor mo.

Kung tutuusin mas malaki magagastos ng mga cheesy players kakabuild ng photon cannons sa base mo, which renders their own bases defenseless.

I've been cheesed 3 times already. Gnawa ko lang nagbuild ako ng spine crawler around 7 cells outside the hatchery, para ndi na dumami yung photon cannon palapit sa base... build units until I have a Nydus network, then scout sa Nexus ng kalaban, release a Nydus worm... GG.

Pero actually mas mahirap magdefend sa Zerg. Terran should be easier.

Guest hastati

Yes. Nsa scoring kasi yun, ndi sa win/lose rate. Kaya mapapansin mo may mga maps na "favored, slightly favored, even". Pag mas lugi ka sa map at nanalo ka, mas mataas points mo.

Before, I was ranked 64, then after winning 2 matches, I jumped to rank 50-ish.

Cheesy players b? hehehehe..

2 ginagawa ko sa photon cannon rush s base:

1. early scout, if you see a probe warping a photon cannon, k*ll it.

2. maglagay ng defense near your comm center (spine crawler, bunker), para ndi na magexpand ng photon cannons sa base mo - limited lang sila on a certain perimeter outside your base. Then you can build transports or air units tapos ibackdoor mo.

Kung tutuusin mas malaki magagastos ng mga cheesy players kakabuild ng photon cannons sa base mo, which renders their own bases defenseless.

I've been cheesed 3 times already. Gnawa ko lang nagbuild ako ng spine crawler around 7 cells outside the hatchery, para ndi na dumami yung photon cannon palapit sa base... build units until I have a Nydus network, then scout sa Nexus ng kalaban, release a Nydus worm... GG.

Pero actually mas mahirap magdefend sa Zerg. Terran should be easier.

Nakita ko nga yung replay. Walang kadefense-defense base nya. I also went up against a cheezy player pero Terran sya. he tried to build a barracks inside my base but after I destroyed the scv and the barracks, hindi na sya nagattack. Ako naman ang nagattack tapos ubos sya. Haha!

Edited by hastati

Nakita ko nga yung replay. Walang kadefense-defense base nya. I also went up against a cheezy player pero Terran sya. he tried to build a barracks inside my base but after I destroyed the scv and the barracks, hindi na sya nagattack. Ako naman ang nagattack tapos ubos sya. Haha!

Tama. That's the way to go against cheesy players. hehehehe

Guest hastati

Just an observation. Usually when a player builds up forces to attack, that player ignores base defense, hence, it is easier to attack him early with banshees.

It depends on the strategy. Spending half of the resources for units and half for defenses makes your attack force weak against an opponent who spent all his resources for units.

Common mistake din yung pagiging overdefensive sa base.

Pero majority, puro units tlga ginawa due to mobility, unlike kung magoverdefend k.

Guest hastati

The thing is if your opponent is a quick unit builder and builds a particular unit en masse in order to attack you, chances are you'll lose if you'll play a game of attrition. I learned my lesson the hard way when I was taking on an opponent who didn't really attack and waited for me to attack before attacking. He had 24 banshees to attack my base with and I only had a handful of thors and siege tanks to defend my base with coz he annihilated my 12 battlecruisers with a battalion of marines. Had I known that his style is counterattack, I would have just nuked him with an endless barrage of nuclear missiles. Yung masakit pa dito sa game na to, favored ako pero ako pa yung natalo. :lol:

Edited by hastati
Guest hastati

^ I just found that out yesterday. Haha! Usually my counter is the viking or in SC1, the wraith. If only the banshee had air weapons, I wouldn't use the battlecruiser. Hehe.