Blizzard: Starcraft 2

Darkliquid

Guest hastati

I already tried it. Hehe. But what I don't quite comprehend is why you need 50 practice games before you enter the league that has rankings. But I enjoy going against opponents that are not controlled by AI. Usually, it takes around a minute to search for your match but the thing is the battleground is not my choice. Is the battleground usually the choice of the computer when battlenet matches me up with someone in my level?

I already tried it. Hehe. But what I don't quite comprehend is why you need 50 practice games before you enter the league that has rankings. But I enjoy going against opponents that are not controlled by AI. Usually, it takes around a minute to search for your match but the thing is the battleground is not my choice. Is the battleground usually the choice of the computer when battlenet matches me up with someone in my level?

Uhm.. I just did 5 ranked games to enter the league, and I'm on silver. And it only takes me about less than 30 seconds to search for an opponent.

I'm not sure if the battleground was Battle.net's choice, but somehow, I think so. And I believe it's fair enough so that players don't always choose a fave map.

Just wondering. If Kerrigan was human after the Xelnaga artifact annihilated the zerg, why did she have the hair of a zerg?

Just an opinion, maybe the Xel'naga artifact only reverses the effects of the zerg infestation that are still reversible. I think the hair was already permanent. (What I was thinking, is her hair down under... :D)

We'll see in the Heart of the Swarm... :D

Guest hastati

Uhm.. I just did 5 ranked games to enter the league, and I'm on silver. And it only takes me about less than 30 seconds to search for an opponent.

I'm not sure if the battleground was Battle.net's choice, but somehow, I think so. And I believe it's fair enough so that players don't always choose a fave map.

I see. So how do you enter the league? Or is it automatic once you played a certain number of battlenet games?

Yes. Just play 5 league games (or quick match games) on the division you want to play (1v1,2v2, etc.) and you'll be automatically placed on a league (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond) depending on your performance on those 5 games. Your ranking on other divisions will be different (i.e., you can be Silver on 1v1, but Gold on 2v2).

For me, I played 5 quick matches on 1v1. I got 3 wins and 2 losses, so I was ranked Silver.

In order to increase your rank, you have to keep winning until you get to the top of your division.

Edited by RockmanZero
Guest hastati

Yes. Just play 5 league games (or quick match games) on the division you want to play (1v1,2v2, etc.) and you'll be automatically placed on a league (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond) depending on your performance on those 5 games. Your ranking on other divisions will be different (i.e., you can be Silver on 1v1, but Gold on 2v2).

For me, I played 5 quick matches on 1v1. I got 3 wins and 2 losses, so I was ranked Silver.

In order to increase your rank, you have to keep winning until you get to the top of your division.

I see. Thanks dude. I already played 4 games losing only once but I think those were practice games. Is your ranking the number on the upper righthand side of the screen on the same box as your nick? By the way, is the league games you're talking about the games wherein battlenet finds a match for you?

Edited by hastati

Yes. The Quickmatch is part of the league games. The ranking is shown on the Multiplayer Menu screen. The number beside your portrait on the upper right corner is your achievement score which is not related to your multiplayer ranking.

Just quickmatch all the way to get your rank. You can also find or create a new multiplayer game but it will be better if you just quickmatch so battle.net will automatically find an opponent for you.

I believe playing with players added to your friends list will not count as an offical league match.

Edited by RockmanZero

^ 'coz Blizzard (and most game companies today) are trying to prevent piracy. With online authentication, even if hackers manage to hack the program, they won't be able to fully mass produce the game because of lack of multiplayer capabilities. Hacked copies are only playable on campaign mode. Even multiplayer maps are saved online.

It's possible to create a "pirated server", but I doubt hackers would create it for free.

Blizzard expects that SC2 players have internet connections.

Yes. The Quickmatch is part of the league games. The ranking is shown on the Multiplayer Menu screen. The number beside your portrait on the upper right corner is your achievement score which is not related to your multiplayer ranking.

Just quickmatch all the way to get your rank. You can also find or create a new multiplayer game but it will be better if you just quickmatch so battle.net will automatically find an opponent for you.

I believe playing with players added to your friends list will not count as an offical league match.

I'd just like to correct myself. League Match = Quick match. Then click Find Match to search for your opponent.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz89/sebastianlacroix/league.jpg

Edited by RockmanZero

Bakit ganun? The copy I bought (pirated) needed no crack, install lang, okay na. Plus I can easily load saved games. (On the Load Game option, click on "Campaign").

My problem is the "Versus A.I." option, hindi ako makagawa ng laro. Paano ba skirmish dito?

Multiplayer maps are saved on Battle.net. As said in my previous post, you can only play on campaign mode. Battle.net did this to avoid piracy. No official SC2 maps are saved on your hard drive.

@hastati

That's strange. Can you post your screenshot of your multiplayer menu so we can have a better look at it? Thx

Edited by RockmanZero
Guest hastati

Bakit ganun? The copy I bought (pirated) needed no crack, install lang, okay na. Plus I can easily load saved games. (On the Load Game option, click on "Campaign").

My problem is the "Versus A.I." option, hindi ako makagawa ng laro. Paano ba skirmish dito?

The AI option is on the upper right hand portion of your character. The button is "+ AI".

If people made private servers for a game like Ragnarok, paano pa kaya Starcraft 2? :ninja:

^ 'coz Blizzard (and most game companies today) are trying to prevent piracy. With online authentication, even if hackers manage to hack the program, they won't be able to fully mass produce the game because of lack of multiplayer capabilities. Hacked copies are only playable on campaign mode. Even multiplayer maps are saved online.

It's possible to create a "pirated server", but I doubt hackers would create it for free.

Blizzard expects that SC2 players have internet connections.

If people made private servers for a game like Ragnarok, paano pa kaya Starcraft 2? :ninja:

Ragnarok is a cheap-assed game with low security and is very hackable. And it's an MMORPG, not an RTS game. MMORPGs are commonly hacked.

I didn't say it's impossible to hack SC2. It's just that maintaining a server game for free isn't very likely. Besides, if those hackers are to ask for donations, then better buy the legit one. You get to pay for a one time payment and play all you want.

Ever wondered why there were no private servers for Red Alert 3, Generals and other Command and Conquer games?

If you ever find one (after 3+ years), then by all means, play a laggy private online server.

bro, download the SC2allin1 you can play with ai, samaham mo download ang maps niya

SC2 is already available for official gameplay.. Its been out for weeks now pro'lly a month.. There's an original version you can purchase at the legit gaming stores for 3k or so, you can also buy pirated copies almost everyplace where you can buy pirated games and DVD's. If you have internet connection you can DL it for free, 7Gigs with crack at any torrent site..