Blizzard: Starcraft 2

Darkliquid

Guest hastati

Is it possible that your opponent in a multiplayer has already started while you are still loading? Probably coz he has a better video card or coz he has the recommended components?

Is it possible that your opponent in a multiplayer has already started while you are still loading? Probably coz he has a better video card or coz he has the recommended components?

Nope. If either one of you has finished loading, one has to wait for the other to finish so the battle will start for the both of you. It's always a fair fight.

You can watch your game replays to check.

Edited by RockmanZero
Guest hastati

^I think I get what you mean when you said that you have to play 5 games in the quick match. The thing is, I didn't skip it. Are the skill level of the guys in the practice games the same as you or could be better/could be worse?

Guest hastati

Yup. Guys in the practice games could be starters or hard core veterans since they're also unranked.

But I think most of them are starters since it's likely that veteran players have already began playing since July 27 and is now either in the Diamond or Platinum league.

As far as I'm concerned, 60% of the guys I played with are veterans of SC1. They know what to do in certain situations and they're quick on the draw. I haven't formed my first battlecruiser yet they already have an armada. They also have the special operations reapers wherein the reapers jump over higher ground especially when the stage has a hurdle to the entrance on a higher ground stage like metalopolis.

By the way, what happens when you're done with the 50 practice games? Do you get to qualify automatically in a league?

Edited by hastati

As far as I'm concerned, 60% of the guys I played with are veterans of SC1. They know what to do in certain situations and they're quick on the draw. I haven't formed my first battlecruiser yet they already have an armada. They also have the special operations reapers wherein the reapers jump over higher ground especially when the stage has a hurdle to the entrance on a higher ground stage like metalopolis.

By the way, what happens when you're done with the 50 practice games? Do you get to qualify automatically in a league?

That I don't know, since I was put in the Silver league after 5 placement matches.

Probably you've played with SC2 beta players.

Harassing is common in SC2 so you have to be ready. They can send a harassing unit to your base in as fast as 4 minutes, and it's different from a rush. Building powerful units such as Battlecruisers aren't that good until late game. And they prefer Thors instead of Battlecruisers.

Reapers, specifically, are strong against light armored units (ie, Marines, Zerglings..). Either build some early Marines / Marauders or you can build a bunker beside your mineral field and fill it up with Marines.

As Terran, the most commonly used attack force is the MMM = Marine, Marauder, Medivac.

Try this: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Terran_Strategy

These are some build orders that are commonly used. Hope this helps.

I'm playing Zerg so I don't really know much Terran strategies.

Edited by RockmanZero

Mga bro any tips para makuha ko yung last achievement sa last prophecy mission? Stuck ako palagi sa 2,000 kills tapos ang dami na nila. lol

Mahirap yan.. di ko na din kinuha yung last achievement jan... hehehehe..

Ginawa ko lang concentrated lahat ng units tapos nililipat lipat ko lang ng entrance. Hindi ko sila hinihiwalay. Lagi lang nakarally sa gitna, pag may dumating sa isang side, isusugod ko lahat.

Tumagal naman ako kaso napakatagal kaya pinapatay ko n sila... hehehe

SC2 is already available for official gameplay.. Its been out for weeks now pro'lly a month.. There's an original version you can purchase at the legit gaming stores for 3k or so, you can also buy pirated copies almost everyplace where you can buy pirated games and DVD's. If you have internet connection you can DL it for free, 7Gigs with crack at any torrent site..

oh ok thanks for the info...

Guest hastati

That I don't know, since I was put in the Silver league after 5 placement matches.

Probably you've played with SC2 beta players.

Harassing is common in SC2 so you have to be ready. They can send a harassing unit to your base in as fast as 4 minutes, and it's different from a rush. Building powerful units such as Battlecruisers aren't that good until late game. And they prefer Thors instead of Battlecruisers.

Reapers, specifically, are strong against light armored units (ie, Marines, Zerglings..). Either build some early Marines / Marauders or you can build a bunker beside your mineral field and fill it up with Marines.

As Terran, the most commonly used attack force is the MMM = Marine, Marauder, Medivac.

Try this: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Terran_Strategy

These are some build orders that are commonly used. Hope this helps.

I'm playing Zerg so I don't really know much Terran strategies.

Nice input Rockman. I usually put bunkers beside the entryway to stop the rush but I saw in a youtube video an expert Terran player use supply depots to block the entrance. I don't understand the wisdom in this tactic since you need supply depots to have more units.

Edited by hastati

Nice input Rockman. I usually put bunkers beside the entryway to stop the rush but I saw in a youtube video an expert Terran player use supply depots to block the entrance. I don't understand the wisdom in this tactic since you need supply depots to have more units.

That's common. These are the reasons why they wall supply depots rather than bunkers:

- in an early game, a ramp can be blocked by 3 supply depots or 1 supply depot and 1 barracks. Walling 1 supply depot and 1 barracks prevents

any fast incoming units, specially zerglings and early scouting drones/probes/SCVs. Bunkers require a barracks before it can be built, so waiting

for bunkers to be available will make you vulnerable to rushes.

- dual purpose: you get to have wall and +8 supply at the same time for 100 minerals. Money well-spent.

- you can lower down supply depots to let your units get out of your base. If you walled in your base with bunkers, you have no choice but to

get a Medivac and transport your units outside your base which consumes a lot of time and resources.

Protoss players does the same thing.

But instead, they start off by building a Pylon 3-4 cells away from the ramp entrance and then build 2 Gateways in the opening, making 2 solid 1000 HP (500 HP / 500 Shield) walls. They keep the Pylons away from the entrance as far as possible to avoid getting destroyed since they give power to the Gateways.

Guest hastati

That's common. These are the reasons why they wall supply depots rather than bunkers:

- in an early game, a ramp can be blocked by 3 supply depots or 1 supply depot and 1 barracks. Walling 1 supply depot and 1 barracks prevents

any fast incoming units, specially zerglings and early scouting drones/probes/SCVs. Bunkers require a barracks before it can be built, so waiting

for bunkers to be available will make you vulnerable to rushes.

- dual purpose: you get to have wall and +8 supply at the same time for 100 minerals. Money well-spent.

- you can lower down supply depots to let your units get out of your base. If you walled in your base with bunkers, you have no choice but to

get a Medivac and transport your units outside your base which consumes a lot of time and resources.

The thing is if you wall the entrance to your base with supply depots when you play as Terran and there is a zergling rush or zealot rush and they destroy your supply depots, sayang din diba?

I just noticed that it's kinda difficult to turtle in the current maps of SC2 especially with the new units like the reaper.

Edited by hastati

The thing is if you wall the entrance to your base with supply depots when you play as Terran and there is a zergling rush or zealot rush and they destroy your supply depots, sayang din diba?

I just noticed that it's kinda difficult to turtle in the current maps of SC2 especially with the new units like the reaper.

A rush of 3-4 zealots can't easily destroy 1 supply depot. And it's much more difficult for zerglings since they have less damage than zealots. Once your enemy rushes your base, by that time, you already have at least 5 marines. Just put those marines behind the supply depots and let them hit the rushing units from afar. By the time the supply depot's HP drops down to 100, you may have already killed all the rushing units and you may start your repairs on the depot.

Wag ka matakot sa zealot/zergling rush. Marines can shoot over the supply depots while zealots and zerglings can't. Also, zealots are expensive. 100 minerals for 9 damage? 2 Marines for 100 minerals can deal 12 damage (6 damage each).

Also, only 4 zealots can actually damage the depot on a ramp since they have to get near the depot to attack, and 4 of them already fills up the attacking space.

Remember, if the enemy rushes you and they fail, you have the economic advantage.

Supply depot + barracks wall works well for Terrans. Most online players does this.

Guest hastati

A rush of 3-4 zealots can't easily destroy 1 supply depot. And it's much more difficult for zerglings since they have less damage than zealots. Once your enemy rushes your base, by that time, you already have at least 5 marines. Just put those marines behind the supply depots and let them hit the rushing units from afar. By the time the supply depot's HP drops down to 100, you may have already killed all the rushing units and you may start your repairs on the depot.

Wag ka matakot sa zealot/zergling rush. Marines can shoot over the supply depots while zealots and zerglings can't. Also, zealots are expensive. 100 minerals for 9 damage? 2 Marines for 100 minerals can deal 12 damage (6 damage each).

Also, only 4 zealots can actually damage the depot on a ramp since they have to get near the depot to attack, and 4 of them already fills up the attacking space.

Remember, if the enemy rushes you and they fail, you have the economic advantage.

Supply depot + barracks wall works well for Terrans. Most online players does this.

Thanks for the info. I was just looking at it from an economic perspective since it would be a waste of minerals if your supply depots get destroyed. Do you turtle or do you attack asap in a one on one game?

As a Zerg, I don't turtle since I can't block the base entrance early due to creep restrictions. And zerg units aren't tough enough to fight on a head-on collision against large units (Battlecruisers, Thors, Collosi, etc.). Fighting against these units will take a lot of micro management, and I'm not good at it.

I usually finish the game early or mid-game or else I'll be on a great disadvantage if the battle takes more than 20 minutes.

Zerg units compensate their lack of HP through numbers. If the opponent has the same number of units as I have, then it's pointless to attack since I'll be crushed anyway, although veteran Zerg players are still able to take the advantage on end game.

Terran's good, but I still like Zerg.

The current top player for SC2 SEA is using Terran.

Edited by RockmanZero
Guest hastati

As a Zerg, I don't turtle since I can't block the base entrance early due to creep restrictions. And zerg units aren't tough enough to fight on a head-on collision against large units (Battlecruisers, Thors, Collosi, etc.). Fighting against these units will take a lot of micro management, and I'm not good at it.

I usually finish the game early or mid-game or else I'll be on a great disadvantage if the battle takes more than 20 minutes.

Zerg units compensate their lack of HP through numbers. If the opponent has the same number of units as I have, then it's pointless to attack since I'll be crushed anyway, although veteran Zerg players are still able to take the advantage on end game.

Terran's good, but I still like Zerg.

The current top player for SC2 SEA is using Terran.

I recently went up against an Australian and he was using zerg, the battle was over in 10 minutes. All he did was use a progression of the zerg ground defense thing ( I forgot what it's called) until he reached my command center. Olats ako. Hehe.

I recently went up against an Australian and he was using zerg, the battle was over in 10 minutes. All he did was use a progression of the zerg ground defense thing ( I forgot what it's called) until he reached my command center. Olats ako. Hehe.

Spine crawlers. Cheese tactic. uu daming cheesy players. Reaper harass, photon cannon rush, etc. Badtrip pero kasama talaga sa laro.

Scout ka lagi agad ng SCV pagkatapos ng 1st supply depot m. Yung mismong pinangbuild mo ng supply depot yung ipangscout m.

Guest hastati

I haven't tried that but I'll try it next time. Hehe. When I formally enter a league in battlenet, may fees ba or is it free? I'm a newbie when it comes to leagues that's why I'm asking. ;)

Guest hastati

In practice games so far in multiplayer games, 7 wins in 16 games ako. That's a bad record since I didn't even win half of my games. Regarding the best player in Southeast Asia, is his winning percentage hovering in the 80% range?

Edited by hastati