Unknown Good Movies

Enigma starring Kate Winslet, Saffron Burrows, Dougray Scott & Jeremy Northam directed by Michael Apted

post-101504-1215455128.jpg

Amazon.com Editorial Review:

In this twisty thriller about Britain's secret code breakers during World War II, Tom Jericho (Dougray Scott, best known as the villain of Mission Impossible 2) devised the means to break the Nazi Enigma code, but a relationship gone awry sent the erratic genius into a breakdown. Now the Nazis have switched their codes, just as huge convoys of ships with crucial supplies are crossing the Atlantic--and squads of U-boats are hunting for them. With the help of his former lover's roommate (the ever-adorable Kate Winslet) and under the watchful eye of a suspicious intelligence officer (Jeremy Northam), Jericho struggles to figure out if there's a spy among the code breakers as they fight to crack the new Nazi ciphers. The plot gets extremely tricky but the excellent cast keeps you engaged. Written by the extremely tricky playwright-screenwriter Tom Stoppard (who cowrote Shakespeare in Love and Brazil). --Bret Fetzer

A bit of trivia: Mick Jagger was one of the producers of this cerebral thriller.

• 3 weeks later...

Gattaca is a 1997 science fiction drama film written and directed by Andrew Niccol, starring Ethan Hawke, Uma Thurman and Jude Law with supporting roles played by Loren Dean, Gore Vidal and Alan Arkin.[1] The film was a 1997 nominee for the Academy Award for Best Art Direction - Set Decoration.

post-85039-1217505722.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Wasabi - comedy, french w/ subtitle, starring jean reno, produced by luc besson

Oscar - comedy, starring sylvester stallone, maria tomei, tim curry

Four Weddings and a Funeral - romantic comedy, starring hugh grant, andy mcdowel

Ronin - action(best car chase), robert de niro, jean reno

Flight of Dragons - animation, featuring the voices of john ritter, james earl jones, meron nito sa youtube

The Princess Bride - romantic adventure comedy, cary elwes, robin wright

Guy, anong mga magandang foriegn movies na hindi gawang hollywood... nakaka sawa na kasi ang gawang hollywood... recently i have been experimenting on Thai and Korean... Dati din mga Japanese movies

Like i can recomend

the 7 samurai

Mojimbo

Saitochi (the blind swordman)

lone wolf series

-- love Toshiro Mifune, and Akira Kurosawa (director)

Sa French action movies --

la femme nikita (the original not the hollywood one)

Most movies of luc besson

Thai

(mostly comedy and action) -- its usually the usually fare but entertaining

Chocolate (2008) -- autistic muy thai fighter, she's like a female jackie chan minus the comedy..

Ong BAk ....

the protector

the body guard 1 and 2 - quit funny

shutter (original)

Bankok Dangerous

Born to Fight - kasama ang mga thai national team

Korean

fighter of the wind (life story of a karate grandmaster in Okinawa who is actually a Korean know as Mas Oyama)

my wife is a ganster

Tuekoge (not sure if the title is right)

Madami pa atang Korean movie na maganda

Baka may alam pa kayo iba....

Edited by puretuts

^^^

I love the Thai movie "Beautiful Boxer", which was about a muay thai boxer who wanted to undergo a sex change operation. The film L'Armee des ombres or "Army of Shadows" was about the French resistance during World War II. Pedro Almodóvar's Todo sobre mi madre or "All About My Mother" is a very interesting film about AIDS, gender and sexual identity.

I like Chinese films like "Hero" and "Not One Less" (although these two were a commercially released pala). There are interesting Hollywood-made films which were shown in local theaters for a limited time like "The Constant Gardener" and "Darjeeling Limited". Another period romance movie that I love so much is "The Painted Veil".

• 3 months later...

Let The Right One In

Tomas Alfredson Cinetic Media / Christina Bazdekis

Oskar, a fragile 12-year-old boy, is regularly bullied by his stronger classmates but never strikes back. The lonely boy’s wish for a friend seems to come true when he meets Eli, also 12, who moves in next door to him with her father. A pale, serious young girl, she only comes out at night and doesn’t seem affected by the freezing temperatures.