Unknown Good Movies

Mord ist mein Geschaft Liebling (English title: Killing is my Business Honey)

post-101504-1256478034.jpg

post-101504-1256476342.jpg

Hilarious German film about an assassin faced with career-changing decision when he falls in love with accident-prone publishing executive. In the same vein as the French espionage romp OSS 117: Le Caire Nid d'Espions.

Edited by manny a. quito

Ang topic UNKNOWN GOOD MOVIES.. Halos puro sikat na movie yung naipost before..

THE FRIGHTENERS - Ilan beses pinalabas ito sa channel 2 and 7.

DEAD POET'S SOCIETY - kahit di ko napanood ito, alam ko yung famous tagline "carpe diem, seize the day"..

FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL - Mr. Bean the priest?

ONG BAK - punta ka quiapo.. sangkatutak yan.. may part 2 and 3 na..

JUMPER - sikat din ito.. after ko mapanood sa sinehan e gusto ko na rin maging JUMPER.. same w/ my friends..

THE USUAL SUSPECTS - anyone know Kayser Sose? award winning film...

THE TAXI DRIVER - oscar awardee rin ito.. the badass robert de niro..

THE GREEN MILE - kasama ito sa sunod sunod na movie ni Tom Hanks (forrest gump, philadelphia, sleepless.. etc..)

TAKEN - kelan lang ito ah.. number 1 download sa limewire and torrent.. sikat ito..

INFERNAL AFFAIRS 1,2,3 - although foreign movie ito, napanood ko ito sa Bus or sa Cable TV (star movies)

di ba? di ba?

War/Drama: Battle For Haditha

http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/hanway_films/battle_for_haditha/battleforhaditha_galleryposter.jpg

An investigation of the massacre of 24men, women and children in Haditha, Iraq allegedly shot by 4 US Marines in retaliation for the death of a US Marine killed by a roadside bomb. The movie follows the story of the Marines of Kilo Company, an Iraqi family, and the insurgents who plant the roadside bomb

Good movie... :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by soduku
  • 2 weeks later...
War/Drama: Battle For Haditha

http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/hanway_films/battle_for_haditha/battleforhaditha_galleryposter.jpg

An investigation of the massacre of 24men, women and children in Haditha, Iraq allegedly shot by 4 US Marines in retaliation for the death of a US Marine killed by a roadside bomb. The movie follows the story of the Marines of Kilo Company, an Iraqi family, and the insurgents who plant the roadside bomb

Good movie... :thumbsupsmiley:

Saw this. Most of the "actors" were actually US Marines veterans of the Iraq war. And the movie was based on a TRUE STORY. BTW, it did not say in the movie, but mid last year, all those being investigated were CLEARED by a US court martial.

Unknown good movie, "KOLYA". Sad but this Oscar foreign film best movie (late 90s?) is now an "unknown movie". Story is about a sleazy Czech violin/viola teacher who was forced to take care of a Russian boy (which he hated, for being RUSSIAN). Kolya is the name of the boy. I learned that the Russian word for tea is "chai"! Lol!

• 2 weeks later...

1. Seven Samurai (1954)

2. The Rules of the Game (1939)

3. Metropolis (1927)

4. Dersu Uzala (1974)

5. Blowup (1966)

6. The Seventh Seal (1957)

7. The Battleship Potemkin (1925)

8. 8½ (1963)

9. Un Chien Andalou (An Andalusian Dog) (1928)

10. Kes (1969)

11. Breathless (1960)

12. Mon Oncle (1958)

13. Raise the Red Lantern (1991)

14. Modern Times (1936)

15. Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (1988)

16. Boudu Saved from Drowning (1932)

17. Solaris (1972)

18. City of God (2002)

19. Breaking the Waves (1996)

20. Last Tango in Paris (1972)

21. Nosferatu, a Symphony of Terror (1922)

22. Umberto D. (1952)

23. Three Colours: Blue (1993)

24. The Battle of Algiers (1965)

25. Les Enfants du Paradis (1945)

Pag me torrent kayo nito let me know din ah. :)

"Unknown" is so relative. but based on the replies ive read i think this thread is for movies that were not huge commercial successes OR those that were not widely released and were most probably viewed via alternative means....

That being said, here is my list of movies that ive stumbled onto and really liked - in my perspective they are "unknown" because they werent widely released in the city where i live.

Amelie - quirky, well edited, well acted.

Tiger in the Snow - stumbled on this at some cable channel, it stars Roberto Benigni (A Beautiful Life, also an awesome movie) in a weirdly sequenced story thats got an awesome surprise ending.

Audition - this is a gory movie, but gore aside, it also has a pretty good plot. In this same genre is Old Boy.

Malena and Il Postino - great Italian movies.

Wong Kar Wai's movies - his movies are a bit hard to get into but he always draws me into the wonderful world he weaves with his characters, plot and production design. I loved In the Mood for Love, 2026, Days of Being Wild, Chungking Express and Happy Together.

Ive always thought the Infernal Affairs series was excellent and way better than the US version.

I also liked Departures - which won as Best Foreign Film at the 2008 Oscars. Other Japanese films I enjoyed were Ichi the Killer, Battle Royale, Josee, the Tiger and the Fish, Azumi and Summer Time Machine Blues.

Im sure there are more that I liked but the titles escape me at the moment.

Edited by Wyld