Unknown Good Movies

medyo famous na 'tong mga 'to, but these are the ones i like:

infernal affairs, malena, equilibrium, city of god, memento, shaun of the dead, kung pow: enter the fist, donnie darko, the limey, run lola run, three, maria full of grace, the professional, lost in translation, howl's moving castle, spirited away, anchorman: the legend of ron burgundy, wasabi, ghost world, thirteen, hedwig and the angry inch... and so much more that i've missed.

and wala pang pinoy movies dyan. i vote for Carding Cobra, starring that guy in Mara Clara who became a Laguna politician...

there's this indonesian horror film they kept showing in PBO a few months ago, may part 1 and 2 pa. i never got the damn title. it wasn't that slick or even scary, but i enjoyed it as an anthropological exercise. kind of fascinating how we have similarities and differences when it comes to our mythical creatures, given the conditions of our cultures.

i haven't watched garandiru yet. or irreversible. or the secretary. aaaaaaargh huge DVD backlog.

and hey, you, if you're reading, when are we watching lust, caution? :)

medyo old movies napanood ko lang sa cable tv.

Tamed Hearts ni Cristian Slater

The Father(nde ko kilala ang actor pero best drama talaga)

The Taxi Driver (1st movie ni jodie foster)

The Professional(ewan ko ang hirap maghanap ng orig dvd neto me makarecognize naman nde available) bye Jean Reno, natalie portmand and garry oldman

• 2 months later...

Audition

- Controversial Japanese director Takashi Miike creates this unnerving horror film about a widowed TV producer auditioning prospective wives. In his search, one candidate particularly stands out, a lovely ex-ballerina dressed in white. The widower cannot believe his good fortune, until he starts looking more closely at his potential bride-to-be: her autobiographical details don't quite check out, she has a number of ugly scars on her legs, and he learns that people in her life have a habit of disappearing. When he discovers a man trussed up in her living room with his tongue and feet lopped off, he concludes that she is perhaps not the woman of his dreams. Audition was screened at the 1999 Vancouver Film Festival