Unknown Good Movies

Old movies dunno if you'd like these...

Tagalog Movie

My favorite: Kakabakaba Ka Ba? (cant remember if its one word)

Released: 1980

Directed by: Mike Deleon

Starring: The Bad Bananas

Comedic critique on the state of the nation.

Super comedy pagkakagawa. Pero the profound undertow of society and economy is unmistaken. Classic talaga!

Goal?!?

Cant believe a bunch of you guys actually liked it?

This movie for me sucks... masyadong melodramatic. Is it really based on a true story?

For a sports movie... i really didnt get this one.

I must agree with you mate kahit futbol movie parang sobrang arte nung pagkagawa sa kanya. Its not a true story.

"Christiane F." (Germany, released 1981)

Based on a true story about a young girls addiction to drugs set in the late 70's Germany.

"Run Lola Run" (Germany, released 1998) -Yes, the title is funny if taken in Tagalog!

A story that deals with different time realities and what happens when certain events changes the timing of what is about to happen.

"Requiem for a Dream" (U.S. released 2000)

It's about different forms of addictions and how they take different people's desperation into worlds of delusion and only to be crushed by reality.

"Glengarry Glen Ross" (U.S. released 1992)

Based on a David Mamet play of the same title, the movie is about the cuthroat competition in sales. In the movie, Alec Baldwin play the role he was born for...being an assh*le.

"Year of the Dragon" (U.S. released 1985)

A movie based on a book by Robert Daley about a New York policeman assigment to the Chinatown area. A very controversial movie when it was released because the Chinese community didn't like the way they were potrayed especially when it came to the Triads. Lots of memorable quotes and manages to offend just about all races and nationalities.

"Breaker Morant" (Australia released 1980)

Based on a true story about a British military tribunal conducted in South Africa during the Boer War. Charges brought revolved around atrocities performed by Australian troops under orders from the British commander.

"Sayonara Kuro" (Japan released 2003)

Based on a true story of a dog that wanders into a public high school and get adopted there as a mascot/watchdog for the next 12 years. The story is more about the students whose lives the dog touched.

"Messengers" (Japan released 1999)

A comedy about a high class woman who loses her job, friends, home, and lifestyle, then becomes a bicycle messenger.

"Waterboys" (Japan released 2001)

A comedy about a boys high school swim team that somehow gets duped into competing as a synchronized swimming team.

"Infernal Affairs" (Hong Kong released 2002)

A cat and mouse chase as a Hong Kong policeman infiltrates the local Triad and a Triad mole infiltrates the Hong Kong Police Department. This is the movie that was recently redone by Hollywood as "The Departed."

"Infernal Affairs" (Hong Kong released 2002)

A cat and mouse chase as a Hong Kong policeman infiltrates the local Triad and a Triad mole infiltrates the Hong Kong Police Department. This is the movie that was recently redone by Hollywood as "The Departed."

I wanted to see this film for a long time already! I think its the last film of that director, his f#&king awsome coz Q. Tarantino kinda "borrowed" some ideas from him.

I'm not sure if you know this film. Watched this one years ago and man, it was a rare occassion where I was the only one inside the theater. No exaggeration, I WAS THE ONLY PERSON!

"The End Of The Affair" starring Julianne Moore and Ralph Fiennes. Very good story. Or, if you are a perv, you'll have a good look at Moore's nipples...

I'm not sure if you know this film. Watched this one years ago and man, it was a rare occassion where I was the only one inside the theater. No exaggeration, I WAS THE ONLY PERSON!

"The End Of The Affair" starring Julianne Moore and Ralph Fiennes. Very good story. Or, if you are a perv, you'll have a good look at Moore's nipples...

DAMN! I better DL this I have the hots for J. Moore eversince. Them ginger girls are sooo hot! :P

Gross Anatomy

bout a gifted medical student who is just gliding through med school who is befriended by other stuggling students.

ok.. not so original story and not not so great acting either

ang ok dito yung mga one-liners nila... very useful tsaka makaka relate anyone being stressed out by a boss or a teacher.

Do you guys consider "Defending Your Life" an unknown film?

It starred Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep. It was really funny and kinda good!

yup i know this film. eto ung nirereview ung past life nila to determine who goes to heaven or hell. cute story, nice storyline. for those who like action movies, this is not the film.

para hindi OT - SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION or THE PRISONER (philippine release)