Unknown Good Movies

For rom-com fans who want a bit of sports, check out "Forget Paris" starring Billy Crystal and Debra Winger! Hilarious flick with a few dramatic undertones...

I've seen this too.. One of the best romantic movies I've seen. Good soundtrack which includes "When You LOve Someone.. by Anita Baker and James Ingram... Love that song!!!

Has anybody seen "Lost in Translation" starring Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson. Below summarizes this very good movie written by randywong@fairisaac.com

He's doing a commercial, parlaying his fifteen minutes of movie stardom. She's just graduated from college, recently married, and tagged along with her husband, a photographer on assignment. He's married with children, but he's never home. She's supporting her husband, but has no idea what she wants to do with her own life. Both are searching for the meaning of their lives, looking at the situation from different points of view. A person's lifetime is filled with self examination. Why am I here? What am I doing? Is this as good as it gets? The plot of this movie is the plot of life. You have a beginning. You're in the middle, and your story hasn't ended yet (in some cases, it won't end even after your death). Bob and Charlotte find each other fulfilling certain needs. Charlotte needs Bob's attention and humor, and Bob needs someone he can talk to (Bob "talks" with his wife, but they are not really talking). Bob helps Charlotte by answering her questions regarding life and direction, while Charlotte helps Bob by reminding him how much he loves his children and his wife. The love between the two characters is not one of lust but rather one of emotional and psychological need. Plotless, pointless, and boring? Only if you want all your stories packaged nicely with pretty paper and pretty ribbons. To me, the movie is like the shabu shabu sushi restaurant. What you get out of it depends on how much you put into it. The meaning of our lives, the purpose, the dreams (both dashed and realized), and the expectations forced upon us by others. "Translation" means to explain in simple terms. How do you "translate" what life is? What is it supposed to be about? Different answers for different people at different times in their lives. "Lost In Translation" indeed and it has nothing to do with pronouncing hard R's. Written by randywong@fairisaac.com

"The Assignment," starring Aidan Quinn, Donald Sutherland and Sir Ben Kingsley.

Were it not for my old French teacher, I would never have learned about this FBI-chases-international-criminal movie. Its rival, "The Jackal" starring Bruce Willis and Richard Gere, pales in comparison.

Oh, there's another one. You should see "In the LIne of Fire" of Clint Eastwood and JOhn Malkovich. The best cat-and-mouse thriller I've seen.

Has anybody seen "Lost in Translation" starring Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson. Below summarizes this very good movie written by randywong@fairisaac.com

He's doing a commercial, parlaying his fifteen minutes of movie stardom. She's just graduated from college, recently married, and tagged along with her husband, a photographer on assignment. He's married with children, but he's never home. She's supporting her husband, but has no idea what she wants to do with her own life. Both are searching for the meaning of their lives, looking at the situation from different points of view. A person's lifetime is filled with self examination. Why am I here? What am I doing? Is this as good as it gets? The plot of this movie is the plot of life. You have a beginning. You're in the middle, and your story hasn't ended yet (in some cases, it won't end even after your death). Bob and Charlotte find each other fulfilling certain needs. Charlotte needs Bob's attention and humor, and Bob needs someone he can talk to (Bob "talks" with his wife, but they are not really talking). Bob helps Charlotte by answering her questions regarding life and direction, while Charlotte helps Bob by reminding him how much he loves his children and his wife. The love between the two characters is not one of lust but rather one of emotional and psychological need. Plotless, pointless, and boring? Only if you want all your stories packaged nicely with pretty paper and pretty ribbons. To me, the movie is like the shabu shabu sushi restaurant. What you get out of it depends on how much you put into it. The meaning of our lives, the purpose, the dreams (both dashed and realized), and the expectations forced upon us by others. "Translation" means to explain in simple terms. How do you "translate" what life is? What is it supposed to be about? Different answers for different people at different times in their lives. "Lost In Translation" indeed and it has nothing to do with pronouncing hard R's. Written by randywong@fairisaac.com

Loved that movie also....can't forget their one-night dash through Tokyo's nightlife....

Astig rin ang soundtrack roon...Phoenix (french band), the Jesus & Mary Chain, etc.

1) THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME (Led Zepellin movie concert at Madison Square Garden)

(1970's movie)

2) ONE ON ONE (starring Robby Benson & Annette O' Toole) 1970's movie

3) DIRTY DANCING (starring Patrick Swayze & Jennifer Gray) 1987 movie

4) SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEART CLUB BAND (starring Peter Frampton, Bee Gees,

Sandy Farinas, Aerosmith) 1978 movie

have seen a movie on hbo about a boy who plays violin. its a chinese movie and dont know the title.....the plot is about a boy who was left by his parents at the train station with a violin on his side. nakita sya ng isang lalake and that man looked for his parents but nowhere to be found so he took the boy and raised him as his own son. its a beautiful and touching movie. if someone knows the title of that movie, pls post na lang dito....

Edited by EL VARAKO

Friday Night Lights- starring Billy Bob thorton about a High school Football... inspiring story.

Remember the Titans - starring Denzel Washington about HS Football again and discrimination

Hoosiers - Starring Gene Hackman about HS Basketball

Cool Runnings - starring John candy...about the Jamaican Olympic Bobsled Team

Miracle on Ice - US Olympic Hockey Team upsetting the heavily favored USSR team in 1980 Winter Olympics

I agree with Forget Paris - Billy Crystal. Love it so much i even bought an original DVD from the US. Can't find any DVD here.

2. Friday Night Lights - Billy Bob Thornton

3. Remember the Titans - Denzel Washington

4. For the Love of the Game - Kevin Costner

5. The Game - Michael Douglas

6. Rudy

7. The Shawshank Redemption

8. Swing Boys