Unknown Good Movies

• 3 months later...
Half Man Apart - Vin Diesel.

Alam ko inde pinalabas sa sine dito sa Pinas to eh. Napanuod ko

na lang sa DVD at sa HBO...

Vin Diesel made a film recently...FIND ME GUILTY...he played the real-life character of a Mafia enforcer on trial.

Now that's an unknown good movie...one where Diesel does Method acting instead on relying on cheap crowd-pleasing stunts. Too bad di kinagat ng movie-going public who were expecting him to turn out another XXX, Riddick or Fast & the Furious.

It was Easter Sunday and it's freezing,so jumped into a cab down to Greenwich to catch The Spiderwick Chronicles.I deliberately chose a time when I expected loadsa kids to be there,because after all,they're the best judges of kids films! The age range was between 4 and 13 and there were around 25 of "the little darlings".By the way,I forgot just how much noise little kids make and why do they have to move around so much? Just kidding,it's great to hear their chatter,of which there was none as soon as the lights went down and reel 1 started rolling.From then on all I heard was gasps,giggles,laughter and a little bit of clapping.So,from a kids POV it's a success.

Did I enjoy it? Oh yeah! Industrial Light and Magic have done a great job on the strange creatures in this magical story and there's more than enough for an "adult" to enjoy.It's another cracking kids film that will be added to my DVD shelf as soon as it comes out.

talk to her (spanish title - habla con ella), a film by pedro almodovar.

a man has a relationship with the famous female matador in spain, who got into a coma after an accident involving a bull. in the hospital, he met & became a friend of a male nurse, who's taking care of a lady ballerina, who's also in a coma. actually this male nurse obsesses over this lady before the coma & did everything so he can watch for her in the hospital. the hospital staff thinks he's gay and lets him see her naked, change her clothes & wash her body.

the movie chronicles the two men's obsession over their respective women and the bond they had while watching over their women.

i got this movie as part of the viva pedro: the almodovar collection dvd set. other movies in the dvd set has the younger antonio banderas & penelope cruz in the cast.

post-101504-1213988059.jpg

post-101504-1213988075.jpg

Amazon.com Product Description

The always popular Gerard Depardieu (102 DALMATIANS, VATEL) stars in a warmly engaging comedy that shows how one little white lie can change everything! A dull and lonely accountant working at a condom factory, Francois (Daneil Auteuil) meekly endures office jokes and backroom whispers that he's about to be fired ... usually instigated by his loutish coworker Felix (Depardieu). But that all changes when a rumor about him spreads around the office! Much to his surprise, this funny falsehood becomes the catalyst that sends Francois' life on an unexpected and hilarious turn for the better! As this outrageous, critically acclaimed story unfolds, you'll laugh along with Francois as he keeps this improbable charade going in an inspired bid to save his job and transform his life!

Edited by manny a. quito