The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

BODY OF LIES...(Russel Crowe & Leonardo DiCarpio)..spy action thriller/suspense.

powerful performance by titanic star as a high-strung cia operative..crowe was convincing as the cia boss with an icy attitude..

must-see movie esp for those who want an insight of american foreign policy in the mid-east..

my rating--3 stars

:thumbsupsmiley:

Chaos Theory

The movie stars Ryan Reynolds. You'd expect that this movie would be a subpar movie and it kinda is. But it's not as disappointing as you'd think it will be if you just lower your expectations. It's actually enjoyable. This movie is about someone who's so well-organized that he writes everything that he needs to do in index cards. One day, his wife ruins his routine and this sets in motion of chain of events which then leads Reynolds to succumb to his whims rather than avoid it.

:)

Decent movie. 3.5/5

Edited by TidusJanus

just saw righteous k*ll, starring bobby de niro and al pacino.

major let down for me on two fronts.

first, it was a let down on the acting front. this is probably my fault since i had high expectations. but truly, who could blame me? after heat, the more recent movie the two aforementioned screen bigs starred in together, people, including myself, wished that these two legends had more screen time together. as an answer to this, at least partly, righteous k*ll was made. however, the much anticipated fireworks bet. de niro and pacino did not materialize. as a general rule, i believe in the adage of "less is more" in acting. in this movie though, i wanted more. and much, much more.

second, the plot is so thin that you would've guessed what was going to happen faster than if somebody who has seen the movie actually told you what was to happen. i just felt that as a vehicle for both acting greats al and bobby to star in, the story sholud've been more intricate, more interesting, and the movie, a better production as a whole.

if a rating must be given, i'd give it 2 out 5 stars.

it's my first movie review. pardon my rant.

Last night..jam 88.3 jam in the box..G4 cinema 3

Max Payne

Director: John Moore

Starring: Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, Beau Bridges, Chris O'Donnell, Ludacris, Amaury Nolasco, Olga Kurylenko

-"gunfight" thumbs-up!

- story has a twist similar to "Robocop 2" (is that it? it's all about drugs? -- you took the words right outta my mouth, mona)

- why k*ll off the hottie?! natasha is so hot!

- after revealing the "twist", movie became predictable

- liked it anyway, 4/5

the strangers (liv tyler, scott speedman)

this movie was somewhat terrifying at first. especially leading to the "gulat moments". the anticipation kills you. pero after that, wala na. the movie will make you scratch your head in the end.

3/5 for me.

Edited by Jay Tee

MAX PAYNE (action/thriller)

another movie in the tradition of "the punisher" where vengeance consumes the principal

protaganist a detective (played by mark whalberg), whose wife n son are murdered by

a drug-crazed ex-marine working for the same company where his wife also worked...

action scenes are :thumbsupsmiley:

but half an hour into the film, the whole story becomes predictable :thumbsdownsmiley:

my rating 2 1/2 out of 5 stars... :goatee:

• 2 weeks later...
High School Musical 3: Senior Year

the movie is fun to watch... not that musical as ive expected it to be but overall its great! kahit na medyo sad yung ending kasi troy and chad went to different schools.

"love you troyyyyy" :thumbsupsmiley: i thought i was in a concert when i was watching this movie with my two kids ehehehe my kids like it though...songs are not that memorable unlike the first two movies...i heard that HSMusical 4 is in the works ...with the rocketman as their star...maybe sharpey's gonna be back as the bitch hehehe

"love you troyyyyy" :thumbsupsmiley: i thought i was in a concert when i was watching this movie with my two kids ehehehe my kids like it though...songs are not that memorable unlike the first two movies...i heard that HSMusical 4 is in the works ...with the rocketman as their star...maybe sharpey's gonna be back as the bitch hehehe

yep! i agree that the songs are not that catchy. the focus of the movie is the story and not the songs. but still i'll give it 4/5 stars! :rolleyes:

CHANGELING..angelina jolie & john malcovich directed & produced by clint eastewood...a period movie based on a true story that made headlines in 1928 in mid-town LA...great acting by jolie not surprising if she lands an oscar nomination, probably another for clint eastwood...my rating: 5 stars :thumbsupsmiley: must-see! :cool:

the house bunny

the movie wasn't really that funny as i expected it to be. it has its moments pero overall not really that great.

oh also, expect something spooky in the end.

2/5

Natuwa naman ako roon...couldn't help comparing Anna Faris's face to a kuhol.

Sexy naman sina Katherine McGee (kahit tesbun ang role niya rito) at pati ang anak nina Bruce Willis & Demi Moore (siya 'yung naka-body brace)

Look for references to "Forrest Gump" & "The Seven-Year Itch" in this film