The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

Baler....oops, One Night Only...oooops again, Dayo

Pretty decent effort from a Pinoy animation studio. Less Disney-esque than Urduja, with good voice actors whose personalities do not overwhelm the characters they play.

Now if they can only do something about the blatant in-film advertising of junk food (Frootees?? Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdog???).

The film soars during the flying scenes with Bubuy & Anna

GRAN TORINO (starred & directed by clint eastwood)...it's like the iconic and monumental dirty harry 30 yrs after... with a twist in the ending. must-see before i spoil it for you....sr. citizens would surely be able to relate to the aging, racist and grouchy wdower with a loads of issues on his shoulder only to find redemption in an un-usual and un-expectant situation... my rating 5 stars! :thumbsupsmiley:

ganda ng action scenes kasi realistic (hinde O.A. hehehe)

I like the action sequences. But realistic? Hmmmm... one man versus, what 50-80 goons? Don't think so. But well choreographed yung action sequences. Kung si FPJ pa siguro kinuha nilang bida, baka maniwala pa ako. But all in all, it was a GOOD MOVIE! :thumbsupsmiley:

DEFIANCE (james craig)...provocative war docu based on the true story of a community of jews in bello-russia who led by the bros. bielsky retreated to the deep forest in 1941 to escape their nazi occupiers. it was like the biblical exodus in war-torn europe. my rating: 3/5 stars

I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button yesterday. I did not want to watch it in a theater at first since I thought it was going to be boring but since I have to waste time because of the Vehicle color coding scheme I did. I was surprised that it was very entertaining. Never got bored even if the movie lasted around 2hrs 40mins. It is very similar to Forrest Gump with the way the story was presented.

Bedtime Stories

It is really for kids but ok na rin for adults.

Bride Wars

Very entertaining naman. Surprising din yung nanyari during the actual wedding. I might be biased since crush ko si Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson before although Kate looks fat in this movie.

was able to watch the following oscar nominated movies:

slumdog millionaire (not really a great movie...sorry I think its a little bit over-rated...Brocka films are superbly better if one is looking for movies about poverty...Insiang was great, Maynila sa Kuko ng liwanag was also good...i mean if slumdog wins the oscars...then we can say that we have better movies here in Manila).

Milk (its a good biography movie...Sean Penn is great!)

Doubt (am wondering why this movie was not nominated for best picture...anyway, this movie is your "acting movie"...lahat magagaling....haven't watched The Reader, but Meryl Streep is good here...Viola Davis, only 5 mins in this movie, should be best supporting actress...ang galing galing)

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (a "fantasy" movie like slumdog...this will get my vote for best picture...its an entertaining movie! sa slumdog kasi...nakita ko na iyun...poverty, slums, etc.)

was able to watch the following oscar nominated movies:

slumdog millionaire (not really a great movie...sorry I think its a little bit over-rated...Brocka films are superbly better if one is looking for movies about poverty...Insiang was great, Maynila sa Kuko ng liwanag was also good...i mean if slumdog wins the oscars...then we can say that we have better movies here in Manila).

Overrated? for crying out loud. how can be a low-budgeted film and a movie shot entirely in India becomes overrated? You mean winning a Golden Globe for Best Picture is overrated?

Edited by o0onapstero0o
THE GRUDGE 3 (american version) -- watched it on DVD last week..

ok naman siya pero the grudge 1 is still the scariest for me...

:)

any comments on 30 DAYS OF NIGHT starring Josh Hartnett??? i have a dvd of this pero di ko pa na watch eh, probably this weekend..

30 days of night was ok. a lot of "gulat" scenes. it was intense. hopefully your copy is ok because most of the scenes here is during...well.. night time. hehe.

enjoy.