The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

i never actually saw its trailer. i just watched it on impulse coz i need to k*ll some time before my appointment.

i guess it served the purpose well. it really killed my time along with my money!

tough break for you. it's been badly criticized on movie review sites as well. haha

fugliest movie ever.

Meet the Spartans

die-hard 300 fans, do yourself a favor and don't watch this one. The gayest king leonidas ever.

Tell me about it, it sucks.

!0,000 B.C.

Such a waste of money.

Bad acting. Bad script. Bad direction. Bad plot. A poorly researched movie. If not only for the CGI of some prehistoric animals, you would feel na para kayong nanonod ng isang pelikulang filipino. Sayang yung 130 petot ko.

When Tarzan met Jane. :upside:

Nobody mentioned Sweeney todd- If you love plays, this is the movie for you. Everybody sings and smiles, makes you want to grab a gun and blow your brains out.

Guest Leviticus
Nobody mentioned Sweeney todd- If you love plays, this is the movie for you. Everybody sings and smiles, makes you want to grab a gun and blow your brains out.

Hehe.. Sweeney Todd.. heck, I even dyed my hair to match johnny depp's hair on this movie. indeed, it makes you smile while watching this. nothing gruesome or morbid as sweeney slashes his customer's throats and then feed them to the grinder downstairs (although the blood spurts are a bit too exaggerated). I think this is where the saying "I trust my barber" came from :unsure:

and hey! johnny depp singing! it's captain jack belting out a tune!

10000 BC is such a waste... parang na sensationalizelang ung movie coz of its director..

imagine jurasic park, 300, Narnia, etc... parang i can imagine so many movie clips on this film..

nyahahaha lalo na ung pinatay nya ung nasa egypt and said "hes not god".. pnagkaiba lang nila wid 300

is that leonidas miss.. and he killed it.. after the movie parang wla lang... ahahaha.. lumipad si roxas.. nakngjueteng..

Over Her Dead Body

Eva Longoria, Paul Raud, Jason Biggs, Lake Bell

Its a chick flick with longoria playing a very obnoxious ghost trying to get rid of a very hot psychic (Bell) who's dating her would-have-been groom (Rudd). There are some dragging and gappy scenes. It's kinda patchy for me. I would rate it 7/10.

"Sukiyaki Western Django" is a movie that's somewhat cool yet crappy..it's a tribute to spaghetti western movies of the 60's-70's

The Graphix rule even if it was only for a few scenes.

The only qualm is that all the japanese cast speak engrish, yes, as in engrish!

The good factor there is that Quentin Tarantino's there¬!

Overall: 3.5/5

If the movie had the cast speak japanese and add more scenes in the movie

this would have been a better movie in my opinion :)

• 2 weeks later...

of the 5 oscars best picture nominees, atonement, juno, michael clayton, no country for old men & there will be blood, i have dvd of 3, atonement, michael clayton & no country for old men.

i never though I'd like atonement. i thought it's something shakespearean. it's actually set in wwii. keira knightley's character has a kid sister who also likes his boyfriend played by james mcavoy. the kid sister accused the bf as the one who assaulted & raped a cousin. this sent the bf to 5 yrs in jail. this made the kid sister hated by the couple. after the war, she asked for apologies, to which they demanded to set the record straight in writing. the kid sister grew up to be a novelist and her last novel is about her sin to her sister & her bf to atone for her sin.

michael clayton is a good political movie. if you like fargo, you would probably like no country for old men. both are directed by the coen brothers and are set in rural america with lots of panoramic shots.

but my best picture for 2007 (pending my viewing of there will be blood & juno) gotta be gone baby gone. barely 30 mins. into the film & i'm already glued. it's not fast paced but evolves rather fast. casey affleck, brother of ben who directed the film, is a private investigator with experiences in tracking missing persons, mostly those who ran away from debts. she has a partner played by bridget monaghan & they were hired by the grandmother of the girl who went missing. the lola suspect their daughter, who's a drug user & a drug runner. the mother kept the sales proceeds of her last delivery when there was a police stakeout in the hotel she spent the night at. she told the drug dealer that it was them & they ran away before getting arrested & left the money. she & a male friend merely kept it somewhere. their discussion was overheard by the lola's husband, who then connived with corrupt policemen to abduct the kid hoping that the mother will give them the money. affleck talked to the drug dealer to produce the kid. the drug dealer of course denied custody of the kid. the corrupt policemen staged a bogus exchange with the drug dealer, whose right hand man is in cahoots with the police. they shot the drug dealer & made it look like the kid fell off a cliff & drowned in the waters. turns out the kid was with morgan freemen, police chief, & was in connivance with the corrupt police all along. freemen lost a daughter years ago & took the kid as his own. affleck was able to think about it & went to freeman's house. he then called the state troopers, arrested freeman & got the girl back to the mother & lola.

honorable mention to across the universe, & grindhouse presents planet terror & death proof. planet terror & death proof looks like 70s b-movie. remember those saturday afternoon movies before the cartoons? parang ganun. tarantino & rodriguez are real geniuses. although, i think tarantino should take a rest from his obseesion of 70's movies, whether b-movies, spaghetti westerns, or whatever. this obsession has been very evident in his movies, especially in k*ll bill, death proof & planet terror. i still like his movies, though.

So far, Ive seen: No Country..., Juno, and Grindhouse(Deathproof). I have atonement somewhere in my hard drive but its dercripted so yung 3 lang muna i-comment ko.

1. No Country for Old Men: great cinematography, direction, but bad story = bad movie. "Im sorry." (ala Simon C.)

2. Juno: makes your boring afternoon light up. Nice sound editing. Memorable.

3. Grindhouse (Deathproof full version): has QT style written all over it. Quentin just made the chicks go blah blah blah here. Fun but forgettable.

LEATHERHEADS (g. clooney & r. zellweger directed by g. clooney)...romantic comedy set in the early 20s...just trying too hard to be a fun & wholesome movie...story line was not that great or even inspiring...few laughs though..only motivation to see this movie is the match-up of george & renee the not-so-good reviews notwithstanding....

88 minutes ni al pacino

hay at ubod ng walang ka wenta wenta

buh-set

if there was one thing i hated in this movie, it was al pacino's HAIR-DO even if he's

acting managed to somehow save this thriller wannabee..2 out of 5 stars:lol:

THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM (Jackie Chan & Jet Li)...eto ang panalo at patok sa takilya! :thumbsupsmiley:

movie-goers got a hearty laugh in one segment where Jackie was praying for rain and he

all he got was Jet Li's piss. Action scenes were masterfully crafted and the 2 action stars never

outdid each other. 4 stars :cool:

Edited by LYCHEE
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RED BELT--mixed martial arts (notalby judo/jiu-jitsu)...starring chiewetel ejiofor

if ur looking for ala bruce lee/jackie chan/jet li stunts, dont watch this movie...ul be dis-appointed.

but you'll love it for the story and the drama that builds up until the end of the movie only director david mamet superbly

delivers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Leviticus

luma na eto.. more of a comparison between spidar-man 2 and 3

between the two, the third installment sucked and was actually boring. parang wala lang..

while spider-man 2 was better in terms of story and pacing.

THE STRANGERS (horror)...if ur looking for a movie that has no redeeming value, this is it...for insomniacs look for treatments, this is the movie for you. the first 15-30 mins. will almost guarantee instant shut-eye ... :thumbsdownsmiley: :sleepysmiley03: