The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

"The Village", another HIT from Shaymalan.

Maganda ang concept, really deserves TRUE appreaciation.

Yung ibang katabi ko, sinasabi niloloko lang sila ng Director. But frankly Cool ang pagkakagawa, kaya dapat din na labanan ang takot, kasi di dun lang natin malalaman kung kaya ba natin o totoo ba ang kinakatakutan.

Yung ibang katabi ko, sinasabi niloloko lang sila ng Director.  But frankly Cool ang pagkakagawa, kaya dapat din na labanan ang takot, kasi di dun lang natin malalaman kung kaya ba natin o totoo ba ang kinakatakutan.

the director shayamalan (yung bombay) always had a cameo appearance in his films. In SIXTH SENSE si shaymalan yung doctor na tumingin sa bata, in SIGNS siya yata yung pari na mageevacuate sa area.

roger ebert, film critic rated THE VILLAGE - C+

pero papanuorin ko pa rin para malaman ko kung panget o hindi

Edited by Anaheim
Guest Kilabot

watched "Now that i have you". Galing!!! its better than "all my life" w/c i was really disapointed. ang corny ng all my life. Bea is prettier than Kristine. ok sya ah, kahit daisy sais lang sya may kissing scene na.

I've watched "All My Life" one of the skillful cinematography in pinoy films. touching love story between a boy (with a rare cardiac myopathy) and a girl (dreaming of a fairy tale ending). great chemistry between aga and kristine. manila baywalk and the yacht club as one of the backdrops that gives manila city a whole new facelift in terms of motiffs and imagery. the cinematography has captured on film manila's fragrant essence.

heartwarming theme song by gary valenciano "How Did You Know". aga's rendition of mike hanopol's "No Touch" gives aga's character a sweet flavor of hope. ricky davao's rendition of "Show me your smile" gives a poignant look on his celebration of a fruitful life with his loving wife. wonderful direction by dyogi , and an appropriate fine editing and well-paced heartwarming/touching pinoy film.

Edited by Anaheim
ALIEN VS PREDATOR ;)

I've gone to an advance screening of this movie. The special effects are impressive. It's a battle between the villains of two movies with human beings caught in the crossfire. It's not as violent as the original "Alien" and "Predator" but I wouldn't bring a 7 year old to watch this movie.

Yung ibang katabi ko, sinasabi niloloko lang sila ng Director. But frankly Cool ang pagkakagawa, kaya dapat din na labanan ang takot, kasi di dun lang natin malalaman kung kaya ba natin o totoo ba ang kinakatakutan.

I'm gonna watch this one no matter what the critics say :D

watched "Now that i have you". Galing!!! its better than "all my life" w/c i was really disapointed. ang corny ng all my life. Bea is prettier than Kristine. ok sya ah, kahit daisy sais lang sya may kissing scene na.

Bakit kaya puro english na ang title ng movies sa philippines??

Napanood ko ung ka kristine and aga.. naiyak ako! whah!

ALIEN VS PREDATOR ;)

Alien vs. Predator was originally intended as a video game based on the Alien movies and the Predator movies. The video game was a huge hit, the producers at 20th century fox saw box office potential for the title so they made it into a movie.

the toy model of Alien vs Predator done by Mcfarlane is a collector's item.

off topic ako :D

Bakit kaya puro english na ang title ng movies sa philippines??

Napanood ko ung ka kristine and aga.. naiyak ako! whah!

so they can attract audiences from abroad and sell the films , voice dubbing comes later , and they won't counter any problem to change the title. :D

star cinema is own by abs-cbn . which operates TFC channel view by pinoys around the world .

similar strategy also applied to sandara so on ....

ALIEN VS PREDATOR ;)

It's effects are cool!

However, it drives a very simple plot that churns in avery simple and oldschool and old formula ending.

It would've have been much better if the "historical" account was given much longer screen time.

Movie to wait: Batman Begins