The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

I just saw Spider-man 2 a few hours ago, and oh boy, it's an emotional thrill ride. Sam Raimi's direction made this colorful comic book characters into 3 dimensional real human beings with visible frailties in each and every one of them. All of the characters, especially the part of Doc Ock (Alfred Molina), has great personality build-up as the story progresses.

I have 2 criticisms: about the slapping incident by Harry Osborne (James Franco) to Peter Parker, is it justifiable ? Harry's grudge was really for Spider-man, It just occured to me that the reason for the slap was that James Franco really wanted the Spider-man role but was instead given to Tobey Mcguire :lol: My other criticism : what surrounds the infatuation of Peter Parker's landlord's daughter? was it really necessary to include that scene (giving him cake and a glass of milk) ? is it relevant to Peter Parker's ordeal?

Anyway, Spider-man 2 is truly one of the superior sequels in movie history, on par with GODFATHER Part II and Superman II.

Can't wait for SPIDER-MAN 3 (2006?)

Edited by Anaheim
I couldn't have said it better. :cool:

Oh yeah were you guys able to see Stan Lee in one of the scenes in the movie?

yup, Stan Lee was there again avoiding falling rubbles as he has done the same thing in the first Spider-man. Stan Lee has done cameo apperances in all of the Marvel movies (Daredevil, X-men, Hulk, Spider-man) except in X-MEN II.

Still, the movie has failed to answer my question:

"San pinagawa ni Spiderman yung

In the original story (August 1962), Peter Parker is a bookish, bespectacled high school student, isolated and unpopular. An orphan, he lives with his elderly relatives, Aunt May and Uncle Ben. While attending a science exhibit, Peter is bitten by a spider that has accidentally received a dose of radioactivity. As a result, Peter acquires the agility and proportionate strength of an arachnid. He sews his own super hero uniform and uses his scientific knowledge to build mechanical devices that eject sticky webbing, but he is less interested in fighting crime than in making a buck. Disguised as Spider-Man, he becomes a professional wrestler and then demonstrates his abilities on television. Hw blithely ignores the chance to stop a fleeing thief, but his indifference ironically catches up with him when the same criminal later robs and kills Uncle Ben. Eventually Spider-Man subdues the murderer, but for a tearful Peter Parker, there is no peace. He wanders remorsefully off into the night to the accompan iment of Lee's now famous caption: "With great Power there must also come - great responsibility!"

If clothes make the man, a distinctive costume is a definite must for a budding young super-hero. Of course, Peter Parker didn't intend to be a crime fighter when he first gained his amazing powers - he wanted to go into show business, and he needed an exciting look to match his stage act. Peter learned thatMidtown High's dance class was throwing out some old bodysuits. Slipping into the school after dark, he found one that fit him, took it to the art room, and spent a few hours silkscreening a web pattern on the shirts. He also made a skin tight pair of gloves and boots, and with some one way mirrors he found in the drama class's old prop box, he now had a mask. His first spider-costume was finally ready.

Having the perfect costume is one thing, keeping it is another matter. Peter Parker and his trusty sewing needle have spent many hours repairing the numerous rips and tears his costume has received in battle. Aunt May also contributed to Pete's costume woes. She once found his costume behind the bookcase where he had hidden it. Though Peter claimed it was for a practical joke on his friends, she refused to return it. He was forced to buy a Spider-Man suit from a local costume shop. The imitation was so cheap that it began to shrink and come apart during one of his many conflicts.

Spider-Man's boots and gloves consist of a thin layer of material so that they do not inhibit his ability to stick to walls. Spidey can [also] see out through his white eyepieces, but no one can see in. Running from his elbows to his waist, Spidey's underarm webbing is made of a flexible nylon netting. Beneath his costume's shirt, Spider-Man wears a belt that contains his spider-signal, a miniature camera, and spare web artridges. He keeps meaning to add a change purse, but has never gotten around to it. The major disadvantage of a skintight costume is that there's no room for Peter's street clothes. He either webs them into a ball attached to his back or he leaves them behind.

Edited by -=extreme=-
hello everyone... the UAAP is gonna start this saturday, july 10... TODAY newspaper is going to have a WEEKLY supplement exclusive for the uaap covering all events... just an input for all collegiate sports buffs out there... iiiiit's game time! ;) ... btw... if u ever need tickets for the games, i may be able to help you kahit ateneo-la salle matches

what abt spiderman? malamang all of u have seen the movie na no..ako na lang siguro indi...kasi ung nagyaya sakin magulo kausap e...bibigyan ko nga ng ultimatum hanggang sa sabado...if not pa...manunuod na ako...feeling important pa sha...heheheh...

mukhang okay prince & me...palagay nio? type ko din panuorin..hehehe

How about k*ll BILL 2?

Any comments? Is it worth the buck?

Any one wanna watch it with me ...

Only female takers ok.

I was disappointed with k*ll Bill vol 2 . I like David Carradine for his role as Kwai Chang Caine in TV's KUNG FU series, for that I was thrilled upon learning that he's part of the cast of k*ll Bill. I was expecting an exciting action scene between Uma Thurman (the bride) and David Carradine (Bill) on what kung fu style he will be doing but much to my dismay all what David Carradine uttered was about Peter Parker and Clark Kent contradicting powers. Better watch the movie and see what I am talking about. 3 out of 5 stars for me.

I was disappointed with k*ll Bill vol 2 . I like David Carradine for his role as Kwai Chang Caine in TV's KUNG FU series, for that I was thrilled upon learning that he's part of the cast of k*ll Bill. I was expecting an exciting action scene between Uma Thurman (the bride) and David Carradine (Bill) on what kung fu style he will be doing but much to my dismay all what David Carradine uttered was about Peter Parker and Clark Kent contradicting powers. Better watch the movie and see what I am talking about. 3 out of 5 stars for me.

I've seen k*ll bill 2, and what i can say is that it's a real Tarantino masterpiece. However, I think people would not like it because many were expecting more action scenes being the second part of the action packed volume1. Not that theres not much action, in fact there were many great fight scenes, it only happens that there are less as compared to the first part. But what i't lacked in action sequences it compensated with highly emotional scenes which i dare say the first one lacked.

If you enjoyed other tarantino flicks like pulp fiction and resevoir dogs you would love to see this one. k*ll Bill volume 2 has that tarantino signature of great dialogues, humurous situations and emotional sequences. Uma thurman's acting was exceptional. Dont expect for too much action, listen closely to the dialogues, and feel the emotions that the film wanted to convey, by doing so you would be able to highly appreciate the flick for the tarantino styled artfilm that it is! And besides wouldn't you want to know what will hapen to bill? :D

Guest cool_k@reem
How about k*ll BILL 2?

Any comments? Is it worth the buck?

Any one wanna watch it with me ...

Only female takers ok.

mas maganda pa rin k*ll Bill vol. 1 full of action...compared to vol. 2 puro story telling

spiderman 2 was great! mas maganda pa sya sa part 1!

i can't wait for before sunset..the sequel to before sunrise, a movie made years ago.

very good talk movie about love and life. panoorin nyo ha. if you're not into talk movies...might not be for you...

:P

I’ve just finished watching TROY (pirated DVD). The funny thing is…I cant’ help but remember the casts’ other characters in another movie. When Achilles (Brad Pitt) was fighting Hector (Eric Bana) I was wondering when will Eric Bana change into the INCREDIBLE HULK and kick the arrogant Brad Pitt’s ass to oblivion!. When Paris (Orlando Bloom) was being mauled by this huge warrior I was thinking why won’t Orlando use his elf (Legolas) skills to terminate his foe. Orlando Bloom has finally used his bow and arrow skills to good use ala LEGOLAS….he aimed his arrow at Achilles’heel and presto! …..BRAD PITT has finally met his match….patay si kolokoy!, way to go LEGOLAS ! hahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Anaheim

Shrek 2

-> 10/10

-> This movie is soo hilarious! I cant stop laughing while watching the movie. My boyfriend had to shush me :lol:

Spidey2

->9.5/10

->I like kirsten dunst much better in this movie than the other. At last MJ knows who spiderman is!!

Troy

->8/10

-> Since I read the book, I didnt enjoy it as much as other people did. But it was still a great movie! :cool:

Day After Tomorrow

->7/10

-> Wasnt as good as I expected! The special effects were awesome but the storyline isnt that good.

Mean Girls

-> 6/10

-> I prefer Lindsay lohan's Freaky friday than this movie.

Harry Potter 3

-> 7/10

-> I read the book, and compared to the movie.. it's much better.

last ko napanood yung Spiderman 2... ASTEEG!!!

inaabangan ko ngayon yung Timeline. i wanna see if it's as good as the book.

kelan nga ba yung X-men 3 tsaka Starwars? any news?

I've watched timeline, I havent read the book though... it was pretty good. I'll give it 8/10 :)

I've watched timeline, I havent read the book though... it was pretty good. I'll give it 8/10 :)

You mean the one starring Paul Walker? Yeah, it's not bad... I liked the part where Marek gets his ear cut off and realizes that he was the king with one ear! I give the film a 7/10 rating... btw, is it showing in nz just now coz I already have the dvd.