Insomnia Remedies

Although it may seem humorous, falling asleep can be achieved by expending your physical and mental energies. Another alternative to milk is any form of carbohydrate. It raises the level of serotonin, which helps you relax. If you have a heavy carbo meal, within 3 hours your brain will tune out---such as what happens after a satisfying lunch at "siesta" time. Beer is also carbo, when you think about it; although it also has the added benefit of giving you that lightheaded buzz as you get slightly tipsy. Experiment with sweets and see if you don't get the same effect. Try it! :sick:

• 2 weeks later...

1) take a warm bath

2) drink warm milk

3) read a really boring book

4) watch a really boring movie

if these don't work, this should be your final resort:

5) take pills (xanor works really well and isn't addicting but you need a prescription for this; half a dormi should work well too but is a little dangerous; valiums, if you can get them)

i, for one, watch tech tv for a bit and snooze in a matter of minutes.

Well if you're always finding it hard to fall asleep try to examine your habits. Do you do a lot of things on your bed? Like reading, maybe studying. Or do you frequently lie on your bed when you dont intend to sleep, anytime of the day? Try to limit these activities in bed, try to use your bed solely at night when you're preparing to sleep. That way you condition your body for sleep.

You can also make a routine before going to sleep, like checking stuff around the house, see the door if its lock, the appliances are unplugged, the gas switched off.. stuff like that.

Just a few suggestion, see if it works for you. As for me, I read a nice book, so even if I dont fall asleep right away at least Iv done something productive rather than toss and turn the whole night trying to fall asleep.

• 2 weeks later...

I just attended a sort of meditation class.

May isa may candle ka sa harap mo then just concentrate on it na parang wala ng ibang bagay around you. Body straight, and avoiding movement.

May isa is closing your eyes and chant "AUM", until after a few minutes chant it in our mind. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
hmm wala...watch lng TV

that works for me only when...

a) when the tv show, movie or program sucks :evil:

B) watch tv after havin' the influence of buckets of alcohol... :boo:

c) when there's nothin' else to do possible in ur home than watching.... :evil:

depends on the person actually...

as for me... drinkin' hot milk @ dawn is mah only antidote to mah insomnia problem.... but ironically, i dont have a stock of milk in mah apartment-cum-room here in Makati... :boo: