Insomnia Remedies

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm... what I do is medidate... or count...

they call this the Alpha exercise...

lie in a comfortable position, close your eyes and tell Your self that when you reach zero you will fall asleep. start 100 ending at zero, believe me it works. But keep it in a controlled breathing...

Your whole body is being relaxed even your mind... you think of nothing but counting..

this sounds easy but it is very difficult!! grabee on the first day i cpuld last until 70.. nga pla relax your self while counting thats the only key..

kaso pag kagising mo parang lumulutang ka.. I advice na wag agad magbangon.. take time to getr hold of your self.. yan yung mga mali ko.. heheh

Insomnia is something most of us developed out of habit, and therein lies the "cure." The first step in getting better sleep is to manage your time wisely. Be mindful of the reasons you stay up late, and address them. Be resourceful; there are many tools at your disposal that could prove useful in this regard. If you don't want to miss your TV, invest in a VCR. Work should be left at the office. Nightlife shouldn't take its toll on your health. Know your limits. The next step is to condition yourself for a relaxing night's sleep. There are many ways to go about it. Take a warm bath, get a massage, drink warm milk or herbal tea, and listen to soft music. It would be a great help if you avoided stimulants, such as caffeine and nicotine---alcohol, too. The body will take its cue from your mind, so clear it from the day's worries; they'll just have to wait until tomorrow. Create a conducive environment for sleep: a cool, well-ventilated room, a good firm bed, soft sheets, fluffy pillow, and soft lights (if not complete darkness) should do the trick. Restrict the bedroom for sleep (and sleep-related activities. heheheh.) Avoid needless clutter that may distract you from sleep, and keep the TV in your living room. As for regulating your sleep patterns, it would be good to keep regular bedtime hours. Getting some physical exercise during the day has also proven beneficial in adjusting your body clock. Also, if you find it difficult to get to bed at a certain time, wake up earlier than usual. If all else fails, see a doctor. Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Manticore

I'd suggest u plan early, i would suggest a good workout early in the day or after work/school. If the workout is good enough, i think the body will crave for sleep earlier than your usual "insomniac" sleeping hours.. excercize, i think, would be best to cure this..

but for quick fixes, i think it depends on the person as to what puts him to sleep.. my suggestions would be:

a glass of milk and reading articles or watching discovery/nat.geo (it works the brain w/c induces sleep)

some beer, wine or hard drinks (note: it depends on the person, cuz vodka pumps me up)

sex/masturbation - most pleasant way of inducing sleep :evil:

medication - stilnox,etc

play video games - the repetitive ones

if you tried all my suggestions and are still awake, just go to your local disco/bar with a big bouncer and pick a fight with him.. *WHAM* out cold.. :lol:

I'd suggest u plan early, i would suggest a good workout early in the day or after work/school. If the workout is good enough, i think the body will crave for sleep earlier than your usual "insomniac" sleeping hours.. excercize, i think, would be best to cure this..

but for quick fixes, i think it depends on the person as to what puts him to sleep.. my suggestions would be:

a glass of milk and reading articles or watching discovery/nat.geo (it works the brain w/c induces sleep)

some beer, wine or hard drinks (note: it depends on the person, cuz vodka pumps me up)

sex/masturbation - most pleasant way of inducing sleep  :evil:

medication - stilnox,etc

play video games - the repetitive ones

if you tried all my suggestions and are still awake, just go to your local disco/bar with a big bouncer and pick a fight with him.. *WHAM* out cold..  :lol:

I agree, a good work out will cause your body to release endorphins to help you relieve stress.

The milk has melatonin, it induces sleep.

sex/masturbation- after orgasm our body releases serotonin that relaxes us and makes us drowsy.

as for the medication that is really effective, try to see a doctor to get a prescription.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...