Insomnia Remedies

• 2 weeks later...

I take about 3mg of Melatonin- i am about an 165 pound person

a larger person may want to take more.

Melatonin is a hormone that is produced naturally by the body.

The pineal gland in the brain makes serotonin which is then converted into melatonin when exposure to light decreases.

Melatonin can help people fall asleep when the bedtime rhythm has been disturbed.

In studies, people taking melatonin sleep better, take less time to fall asleep, and feel more energetic and awake during the day.

St. John’s Wort – The herb St. John’s wort may help insomnia related to depression.

i take this but not with the Melatonin, do not mix large amounts of herbs together.

start off with a little.

Valerian – Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) is a herb that has been long used as a remedy for insomnia. As early as second century A.D., valerian was recommended for insomnia.

There are rumors that the name Valium was created to sound like the word valerian. i would never take real Valium,but Valerian is ok i think.

Cut out caffeine – Caffeine consumption can have a pronounced effect on sleep, causing insomnia and restlessness.

In addition to coffee, tea, and soft drinks, look for hidden sources of caffeine such as cough and cold medicine and other over-the-counter medicine and chocolate. side note ,caffeine makes my ears ring.

i only drink a mild green tea

Avoid added sugar – Although sugar can give a burst of energy,

it is short-lived and can cause uneven blood sugar levels.

This can disrupt sleep in the middle of the night as blood sugar levels fall.

Eat tryptophan-rich foods – Tryptophan is an amino acid that is a precursor to serotonin, which is then converted to melatonin. Tryptophan occurs naturally in turkey and other meat, milk, cheese, bananas, pumpkin seeds, and legume

turky does it for me.

• 1 year later...

if u feel sleepy during the afternun, dnt sleep as u might have a hard time falling asleep at night.. sleep earlier and wake up earlier so that ur body will feel tired at about bedtime.. pag ayaw tlga, take sleeping pills tho i wont recomend it bcuz its hard to be dependent on sleeping pills..