Utah Jazz

FF

@Fellatio: Pare, congratulations!!! You are once again the Western finals.. Galeeeng!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

thanks bos revi ! bilog ang bola . if the warriors hadn't upended the mavs like they did , the jazz would be the ones cleaning out their lockers early.

in the series against GSW , derek fisher showed why he is one GREAT player. without fish , utah would have lost games 2 , 4 and 5 . slowly , he's proving his worth specially in the playoffs.

looking forward to seeing a spurs - jazz western finals !

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JAZZ !

After almost 9 years..The Jazz are back in the WC Finals :D Will AK-47 , Booze and the rest bring this franchise what Stockton & Malone failed to accomplish?

nice thought but realistically the team lacks the playoff maturity and experience to make it all the way. stockton and malone had to endure more than 10 years of consecutive playoff losses before reaching the nba finals. the playoffs are all about veteran smarts. barring a major upset ( like the suns and the spurs banging each other bad over seven ; enabling utah to pick up the pieces of whatever's left of the eventual winner and advancing to the finals ) ... i see the spurs and the pistons slugging it out for this year's LOB trophy.

i see the spurs and the pistons slugging it out for this year's LOB trophy.

Sana wag mangyari yan. Yan yung Finals dati na hindi ko ata napanuod kahit isang game.

Yan daw ata yung Finals dati na sobrang baba yung viewer rating.

Ang inaashan ko Finals.............Cavs vs Suns or Cavs vs Utah.

nice thought but realistically the team lacks the playoff maturity and experience to make it all the way. stockton and malone had to endure more than 10 years of consecutive playoff losses before reaching the nba finals. the playoffs are all about veteran smarts. barring a major upset ( like the suns and the spurs banging each other bad over seven ; enabling utah to pick up the pieces of whatever's left of the eventual winner and advancing to the finals ) ... i see the spurs and the pistons slugging it out for this year's LOB trophy.

I agree with you man, after the suspensions it looks like a rematch between the Spurs & Pistons. But you'll never know

Lowest NBA Finals ratings post MJ era:

2003: SA-NJ 6.5 (ABC)

2005: SA-DET 8.2 (ABC)

2006: MIA-DAL 8.5 (ABC)

2002: LAL-NJ (NBC)

ABC is mostly to blame for crappy TV ratings.

let's come up with a wild forecast ...

chicago just made things interesting out east when they won against the pistons and head back to the united center 2-3.

and the bulls look scrappy enough to force a game 6. if the stars align just right ... the bulls may still derail the pistons in 7 and come up against the cavs. in the battle of eastern young 'uns ... chicago emerges as the best in the east.

in the west , the suns extend the spurs to game 7 . but the spurs prevail. up against utah ... the jazz lean once again on the heroics of derek "spurs killer" fisher who comes off the bench and help the jazz prevail in 7.

where does that all lead to ? chicago vs. utah circa 2007. :thumbsupsmiley:

Well Utah has its new version of stockton - malone... boozer - williams.... although this may not live up to the orignals.... they are good (if they can only be consistent)

Yeah, the Boozer-Williams tandem are far from a being a Malone-Stockton but having a Kirilenko, Fisher, Okur support I believe is better than Ostertag, Russell, Hornacek then. :upside:

Here's hoping for a great series. Not a Jazz fan but always been a big fan of Carlos Boozer (even when he was still in HS). I always have a soft spot for undersized hardworking power forwards.

Teams did not like Boozer when he came into the league.. He was the 35th pick in the 02-03 draft..

I always thought that he played well with Duke.. We can't say it was because of the dreaded "Duke curse" that teams doubted Booze's potential coz he was drafted in the same year when Jay Williams (played with Duke) got drafted (Williams was the 2nd overall pick).. Overlooked? Naah.. As brawler said.. "Undersized.." That maybe was the reason..

Boy! They were dead wrong.. Boozer is tearing it up now.. And fans are seeing the new Stockton to Malone in the Jazz.. Deron to Booze.. I wonder if Booze stayed with the Cavs.. LBJ and Booze? That's some scary s@%t..

Yeah, the Boozer-Williams tandem are far from a being a Malone-Stockton but having a Kirilenko, Fisher, Okur support I believe is better than Ostertag, Russell, Hornacek then. :upside:

with the jazz in the western finals ... it's quite easy to be very excited about what they've done so far. but this year's team ( though boss legionnaire is quite correct that mano a mano the 2007 jazz may be a bit better personnel wise than the 1997-1998 teams ) IMHO still has a far ways to go to reach the level of malone and co. in their nba finals prime.

remember ... in 1998 the jazz had the BEST record in the league. it also bulldozed past the spurs ( with robinson AND duncan ) ... trashed the lakers with kobe AND shaq ( it was a sweep if i remember it right ) before running headlong into a man named MJ. had the pacers ( d*mn luck ) found a way to upend the bulls in the 1998 eastern finals ... i would've bet my car that a championship banner would now be hanging on the rafters of the energy solutions arena.

fast forward to 2007 . this year ... the jazz found a way around a slow footed yao and and inconsistent mcgrady and their coterie of sputtering rockettes ... and were the lucky , lucky beneficiaries of a golden(state) gift of a dallas upset in the first round.while the jazz went 4-1 in booting the warriors ... the jazz would've been floating face down had not fisher rescued them in games 2 , 4 and 5. the two series wins were gritty , ugly , tough ... and far from convincing.

still and all ... anything more the 2007 jazz would accomplish this year would be pure and sweet gravy. to spongebobby, lyssahot and the rest of the jazz faithful ... let's enjoy the ride.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO JAZZ !

if the suns drag the spurs in game 7, i'll say the jazz has a big chance to upset either team. the spurs-suns is a total melee, and it's only the jazz who's benefitting. go jazz!

Definitely true, even though the Suns and the spurs has lots of talents but those talents will all be bruised after a long and rough series. The Jazz would definitely have an advantage.