Utah Jazz

FF

if i were sloan sino ang pipiliin ko? suns o spurs?

the spurs are tougher, but almost plays the same game as Jazz. both rely on half-court execution and takes pride on their defense.

rather too late for that though, Spurs will advance. But Jazz has a chance if they keep their composure and not succumb to Spurs or Bowen's/Horry's tactics..

@clubber lang: Sorry for the loss, dude.. If San Antone did not face your Suns, I would have rooted for them to win it all.. Well, there is always a next year.. I guess Horry (if he does not retire) and Bowen would be receiving a lot of boos from the Phoenix fans next season.. Nagulat ako sa box scores, pare, TD got 9 f#&king blocks.. What was that?!!!!! Missed one block for a triple double? All I can say is that Duncan is just a sick SOB when playoff time comes.. Just amazing!!!

i hope AK47 would continue or much better improve playing in this series..interesting how boozer plays againts TD

the spurs are tougher, but almost plays the same game as Jazz. both rely on half-court execution and takes pride on their defense.

rather too late for that though, Spurs will advance. But Jazz has a chance if they keep their composure and not succumb to Spurs or Bowen's/Horry's tactics..

Yup.. Two defensive teams slugging it out in the West..

Have to agree with the second statement.. The Spurs play mind games on defense.. Bowen is known for that.. He hounds you and will keep you pissed.. And if you're pissed, in a lot of times, you are screwed coz you can't think straight.. The Jazz (much like what I said in the Spurs thread) should not dwell into the mind games that the Spurs employ..

@fellatio: I guess its my Spurs against your Jazz.. May the best team win.. Just remember you have the Spurs-killah.. Derek Ramsey este Fisher pala.. hahahaha!!! :thumbsupsmiley: And if your Jazz wins this series, I would be rooting for them to win it all.. Why? Kasi medyo maganda ang mga basketball cards ko nina Deron Williams at Carlos Boozer.. :lol: Nuff said..

Edited by revi
Yup.. Two defensive teams slugging it out in the West..

Have to agree with the second statement.. The Spurs play mind games on defense.. Bowen is known for that.. He hounds you and will keep you pissed.. And if you're pissed, in a lot of times, you are screwed coz you can't think straight.. The Jazz (much like what I said in the Spurs thread) should not dwell into the mind games that the Spurs employ..

@fellatio: I guess its my Spurs against your Jazz.. May the best team win.. Just remember you have the Spurs-killah.. Derek Ramsey este Fisher pala.. hahahaha!!! :thumbsupsmiley: And if your Jazz wins this series, I would be rooting for them to win it all.. Why? Kasi medyo maganda ang mga basketball cards ko nina Deron Williams at Carlos Boozer.. :lol: Nuff said..

while did say that the spurs would win ... my heart was hoping for the suns. the jazz can run counterpoint to the suns and can out-size and outhustle them in the paint.

facing the spurs ... the jazz are in a ton of trouble. okur can't guard TD. The spurs will pack the paint and boozer will have to bleed for his points. parker and ginobili have always had a red carpet through the jazz defense.

just like in the series with GS ... AK47 and D-Fish will have to step up their games for the jazz to have a fighting chance.

should the spurs reach the finals ... i'll be rooting for them all the way. :flowers:

this would be a goodmatch up,both disciplined,defensive minded teams.both have good coaches..if i have to picked bet the 2,it would be spurs in 6 games...1st reason is they have been there and knows what it takes and what to do to get back in the finals..2nd reason DUNCAN,okur although held his ground against yao will have a hard time guarding tim...

Mukhang baka ito contra tiyempo ng Spurs.

Si Memo na Center eh sa perimeter palagi. Pag gumana ang perimeter game ni memo masisira ang half court defense ng spurs.

Si Kiri mportant yung hussle plays nya dito.

Sa spurs naman mapapaisip sila kung sino babantayan ni bowen dahil wala naman talaga go to guy ang utah na SG/SF...............pero pag crunch time ang go to guy si deron so baka ito bantayan ni bowen.

Sympre kung sino manalo papasok ng finals pero sana manalo utah para ganahan ako manuod sa finals. Pag spurs ang pumasok parang hindi ko maramdaman na may nba pa pala pag june..........unless pumasok ang cavs sa east.

Edited by edc

from those rueing the death of playoff run and gun basketball now that the warriors and the suns are out of the playoff picture ... here's a nice tidbit from today's truehoop at espn :

"Temper your urge to declare the playoffs over, the Western Conference Finals boring, or the NBA a joke. I know you may have this or that beef with this or that league official. But it's about the players. They are the ones killing themselves. The players who are left standing -- the San Antonio Spurs and Utah Jazz -- have worked like dogs to get this far, and play amazing basketball. They would appreciate your respect. (And don't tell me it's all about the money. The players who do it just for the money don't typically make it this far, and players barely get paid extra for all the work of the playoffs.) For years, these players have been eating right, getting stronger, learning to trust teammates, refining plays, perfecting their release, becoming a team, doing anything imaginable to make themselves the best teams in the NBA -- just to get here and enjoy the respect of people like you and me. You insult their effort if you do anything but celebrate it. This is going to be a fantastic series between two teams that very much deserve to be here. "

Goooooooo jazz !

This is gonna be interesting!

Two defensive-minded and half-court setting teams square off. I'm giving the Spurs a light edge because of their chemistry and experience but hey... the Jazz are from being pushovers. They have players who can guard Duncan and that's a great plus compared to the Suns. :blush:

Popovich doesn't have the coaching edge here.

It's gonna be who executes better on offense. :blush:

My mind says Spurs... but my heart says JAZZ! Go JAZZ! :thumbsupsmiley:

from those rueing the death of playoff run and gun basketball now that the warriors and the suns are out of the playoff picture ... here's a nice tidbit from today's truehoop at espn :

"Temper your urge to declare the playoffs over, the Western Conference Finals boring, or the NBA a joke. I know you may have this or that beef with this or that league official. But it's about the players. They are the ones killing themselves. The players who are left standing -- the San Antonio Spurs and Utah Jazz -- have worked like dogs to get this far, and play amazing basketball. They would appreciate your respect. (And don't tell me it's all about the money. The players who do it just for the money don't typically make it this far, and players barely get paid extra for all the work of the playoffs.) For years, these players have been eating right, getting stronger, learning to trust teammates, refining plays, perfecting their release, becoming a team, doing anything imaginable to make themselves the best teams in the NBA -- just to get here and enjoy the respect of people like you and me. You insult their effort if you do anything but celebrate it. This is going to be a fantastic series between two teams that very much deserve to be here. "

Goooooooo jazz !

Jazz hindi boring ngayon. Hindi boring si Kiri and Boozer. (tutuwa nga ako kay Boozer pag nagfreethrow tapos hindi na-shoot biglang sisgaw ng malakas. Ang Boring yung Spurs and Detroit.

duncan , parker and ginobili combine for 71 points and 21 assists as the spurs outplayed the utah jazz 108-100.

betraying their anxiety , the jazz couldn't get their inside out offense going as the spurs bottled up boozer. deron williams was the only bright spot for the jazz ( 34 points ) as he singlehandedly brought utah back to within seven going into the games last three minutes. okur , fisher and kirilenko were also non-factors ; scoring just 23 points between them.

hope the jazz fare better in game 2.

game notes : jerry sloan must make the adjustments to his game plan as san antonio's bigs effectively muzzled boozer as the team's number one offensive option. deron williams might want to take a cue from baron davis ; establishing his offense and penetration so that his teammates can play off him.

A part of me wants Utah to win the championship just to make up for all those COY snubs to Jerry Sloan.

If Bowen guards Deron, this is so going to rule!!! Boozer vs Duncan? Hell Yeah!

I agree with the the part on COY award snobs on Jerry Sloan. Man, this guy's a basketball genius! :thumbsupsmiley:

Guys, guys, let's get real ok?

The JAZZ were not "clobbered" off the boards. Read this, when the smoke cleared after game one the JAZZ actually have a 15 (yes, this is not a typo... fifteen!) rebound edge over the SPURS: 48-33

Clobbered off the boards? Nah! :thumbsdownsmiley:

You want a stat that made the big difference? It's the JAZZ' poor offensive execution and the SPURS' excellent defense. The JAZZ shot a measly 42% from the field to the SPURS' whooping 54%

It's hard to win a game when you have this much difference in FG percentage.

Okur shot 3 of 15 and Boozer was 7 of 17 while the Spurs' big three all shot better than 50% from the field.

The key? Execution in offense and "the little things" in defense. :blush: