Utah Jazz

FF

This West Finals kinda reminds me of the 2005 Spurs-Suns West Finals...

The Suns then were just not enough to contain the Spurs, who are way more battle-tested.

Same thing with the Jazz. Maybe it is inexperience. Maybe it is a lack of personnel. Whatever it is, they have tried to claw back in both games but they simply lacked something...

San Antonio is just playing great right now.

At least the Jazz reached the West Finals and they'll have enough confidence to build on. Plus, the series shifts to Utah and maybe they can play more efficiently there and tie the series...

The Spurs showed why they are the best of the West when they outclassed utah 105-96. Whether it was duncan inside , bowen and barry and finley inside plus ginobili and parker hitting in and out ... utah was clearly not in the spurs league.

hope the jazz can bounce back at the energy solutions arena.

he said it : carlos boozer on the spurs - we showed that we can score against this team. problem is we've shown we can't stop them either.

I am expecting the Jazz to win game #3.. They are a strong home team.. The Spurs I think lost two games vs. the Jazz in Utah.. The Spurs are not too shabby as a road team, but the Jazz are pressed to win.. Coz they know that it will be very very difficult to be down 0-3..

I am expecting the Jazz to win game #3.. They are a strong home team.. The Spurs I think lost two games vs. the Jazz in Utah.. The Spurs are not too shabby as a road team, but the Jazz are pressed to win.. Coz they know that it will be very very difficult to be down 0-3..

i certainly hope so revi if only to make the series a bit interesting. inj games 1 & 2 , even the spurs look bored at times ... letting the jazz chip away at big leads. and just when our hopes are up ... that's when manu , bowen , barry or finley nonchalantly stick in the dagger three.

imho ... this has been the spurs biggest advantage in this series as they have four players who can reliably bomb from long distance. for the jazz ... memo has been mostly off , kirilenko is spotty (huge intake of breath whenever he launches one ), giricek hasn't been very consistent in limited playing time while derek fisher is ice cold.

hope the shots fall when to go back to salt lake.

gooooooooooo jazz !

Do we expect to get a different ENDING to the same storyline? Hell, NO! <_<

As I pointed out the last time, the JAZZ are not giving the SPURS a hard time in making (or getting) shots. In Game 2, the JAZZ shot a good 44% to the SPURS' excellent 56% from the field. Geez... you don't win games if you're opponent is shooting way, way better than you! :thumbsdownsmiley:

With the way the Jazz are shooting, Fisher (1 of 9) and Okur (4 of 13)... I think they should just give the ball to Boozer and Deron Williams and hope that they don't tire out shooting balls.

There's lack of confidence in the JAZZ ranks. I can smell it. Tim Duncan and company can smell it, too. I hope everything changes in Salt Lake City... where crowd noise can get the Jazz dancing in rhythm... :blush:

Ala kasing tirador ang Jazz kaya comportable masyado sina parker at ginobili... dapat sa mga ito eh medyo binbigyan ng manipis like what the suns did... konting ngipin naman pre...

"defense is the best offence"

Then let's pull John Stockton out from retirement! :thumbsupsmiley:

Then let's pull John Stockton out from retirement! :thumbsupsmiley:

:thumbsupsmiley: hahahaha!!! One of the best cheap shot artists of all time? A stone-faced assassin that even Dennis Rodman considers as one of the most underrated "tiradors" of all-time.. God, I just love Stockton coz he never did back down to anyone..

:thumbsupsmiley: hahahaha!!! One of the best cheap shot artists of all time? A stone-faced assassin that even Dennis Rodman considers as one of the most underrated "tiradors" of all-time.. God, I just love Stockton coz he never did back down to anyone..

:thumbsupsmiley: HeHe! Missed that "little" guy! For me, he's one of the best point guards of all time!

yeah!! jazz finally got one...

in a convincing way i might add...

on the game : the jazz finally found a way to stop the spurs as they won game 109-83.

what went right for the jazz ?

on defense the quick hands of the jazz along with some tough defense from okur and collins forced duncan into eight turnovers ( two on offensive fouls ). to stop the penetration of parker , the jazz went under the screen on pick and rolls ; forcing parker and the spurs to score from the outside. and of course ... the long range bombs that fell so easily for the spurs in games 1 and 2 didn't fall this time.

on offense : after getting zilch from the bench in games 1 and 2 , the utah bench responded. led by collins , harpring , millsap giricek , the bench came up with 38 points. derek fisher also broke out of a slump, scoring 11 points. but the biggest factor was deron williams with 31 pts, eight assists , five steals. his penetration and outside shooting freed things up for boozer who muscled his way for 27 points and 12 boards.

up next : the jazz must bring the same energy back to the court on tuesday. with this confidence -bolstering win , utah gained some measure of self respect after getting badly outplayed in san antonio.

goooooooooo jazz !

nice win huh!!

a nice morale building win. as deron williams put it ... this is a great boost for the jazz. it's also a wake-upper for the spurs who were kinda laid back in the loss. ( pounding the jazz silly in two straight games kinda does that ). popovich will surely light a fire under the spurs hot enough to pop their nuts .

make no mistake about it. the spurs are still heavily favored in this series. jazz can make more exciting by winning game 4. Duncan,Ginobili and Parker will surely play a lot harder in game 4 so its up to the jazz to come up with a higher level of intensity.

Actually, Dennis Rodman labelled Stockton as the dirtiest player in the NBA :lol: and he fumes why the refs let the little guy gets away with it :lol:

I heard the Deron Williams get pointers from Stock once in while :D

Edited by orionpax
Actually, Dennis Rodman labelled Stockton as the dirtiest player in the NBA :lol: and he fumes why the refs let the little guy gets away with it :lol:

I heard the Deron Williams get pointers from Stock once in while :D

dennis rodman was a unmatched defender who flopped , pulled on your shorts, grappled and held and did all the stuff to get under your skin. cmon dennis ... just like YOU ... he just gave as good as he got.

Memo Okur finally showed up on both ends of the floor. So did Derek Fisher...

Game 4 would be such a blast! The crowd is still a factor in every Utah series!!!

Grabe 0 points si Memo tapos nanalo Jazz na malaki lamang. Si Kiri dos nga lang. Pero yung depensa ni Kiri factor.

Pero mas maganda kung gumana yung perimeter game ni Memo and yung pag sugod ni Kiri sa loob. Mahirap matalo ang Spurs na ganyan ulit ang laro nila.

Gusto ko talaga pag nag HOWL si Boozer. :lol:

Stockton is up there in my list of all-time NBA faves, in the company of such icons as Larry Bird and ... Dalawa lang pala sila. Bird and Stockton.

A BCJ supporter na gusto si Larry Bird? Parang hindi match ah :D Joke lang.

Alam ko meron din isang maka Larry Bird dito sa Manilatonight.com na BCJ Supporter hindi ko lang maalala.

By the way mga Kakosa mo sa Ginebra thread pag natatalo tablahan na sisihan pa.

Edited by edc