Nso Matters, Dfa Matters, Citizenship, Travel, Passports Etc

kittytigerpanther

Hi, I've got a friend who has a similar case like this, she is 17 yrs old and used her Mothers surname in her birth certificate since her parents were not married. However, in her school records, she used her fathers surname because she lived with her father. Now she wants to correct her birth certificate in order to have her school records and birth certificate to be the same. Now, she wants to use her father's surname.

Question:

1) Is it possible for her to be the one to process it because her mother is in the province and wont be able to come to Manila. Her father won't be able to accompany her too, because of illness.

2) What does she need to do?

iligal ang "late registration" kung rehistrado na ang bata. isang beses lang dapat ma-rehistro ang isang tao. ito ay magiging falsification of public documents.

MAARI NA PO NGAYONG GAMITIN NG ISANG ANAK SA LABAS ANG APELYIDO NG KANYANG AMA (RA No. 9255) - HINDI NYO NA KAILANGANG MAGPA-LATE REGISTRATION PARA MAILIPAT ANG APELYIDO DUN SA AMA!!!

Pumunta kayo (parehong magulang, magdala ng patunay sa inyong pagkakakilanlan, i.e. magdala ng ID) sa Civil Registrar kung saan naka-rehistro ang bata. Ikwento nyo ang gusto nyong mangyari dun at magtanong kung ano ang kailangang gawin para mailipat na sa apelyido ng ama yung bata (actually, pagagawin lang yung ama ng Affidavit to Use Surname of the Father, tapos ibibigay ito sa Civil Registrar, kasama amg kaukulang kabayaran - wala nang libre ngayon).

is there anyone here who knows a thing or two about migrating to other countries, specially on the issue of requirements?

Requirements to migrating to another country is highly specific. Each country has it's own criteria for you to qualify as a migrant to said country. You should be more clear at least to what your basis for migration is, be it family-based, work, talent, investment or if you are a derivative beneficiary and which country you are planning to migrate to.

Requirements to migrating to another country is highly specific. Each country has it's own criteria for you to qualify as a migrant to said country. You should be more clear at least to what your basis for migration is, be it family-based, work, talent, investment or if you are a derivative beneficiary and which country you are planning to migrate to.

thanks for replying... i plan to migrate to the US & have already sent the application & what i thought was already a complete set of requirements but i was sent a letter containing this:

A gap exists in your residence history of more than six months. When completing the

information in this section, please refer to the following instructions below on Police

Certificate(s):

*Police certificates are required for each visa applicant aged 16 years or older, based on

where each applicant lives or has lived previously.

*Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided

more than 12 months. Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain

any police certificates covering their residence in the U.S.

*Generally, applications for police certificates should be made directly to the police authorities

in the district in which you resided. The police certificate must:

*Cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area, and

*State what the appropriate police authorities records show concerning each applicant,

including all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which

there is a record.

i did get a police clearance & specifically requested for one that will be used for migrating to the US... i am also confused about that supposed gap in my residence history & they didn't exactly make clear as to what part though... and when they say US consular office procesing my application, do they mean the US embassy here?

That gap in residence history means that what you submitted has a more than 6 month period which is unaccounted for. For example, maybe you put May, 1980 to May, 1986, Manila; Dec, 1986 to the present, Cebu City. They want a complete list of your places of residences and each period you were a resident of said district must be covered by a police certification clearing you of any offense that would be a ground of inadmisssibility/exclusion like being a drug abuser or drug addict, conviction/admission of a crime involving moral turpitude that is not a purely political offense and other grounds. Technically speaking, the consular office is the one in charge of visitor and immigration applications even though the place where non-Americans apply for visas is more often referred to as the US embassy. Or maybe it's your police clearances which has a gap, for example, maybe there is a certain period of your previous places of residence which is not covered by the police clearances you submitted.

Edited by moed
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks for replying... i plan to migrate to the US & have already sent the application & what i thought was already a complete set of requirements but i was sent a letter containing this:

A gap exists in your residence history of more than six months. When completing the

information in this section, please refer to the following instructions below on Police

Certificate(s):

*Police certificates are required for each visa applicant aged 16 years or older, based on

where each applicant lives or has lived previously.

i did get a police clearance & specifically requested for one that will be used for migrating to the US... i am also confused about that supposed gap in my residence history & they didn't exactly make clear as to what part though... and when they say US consular office procesing my application, do they mean the US embassy here?

Police clearances in the Philippines is district specific. (This is in addition to the NBI Clearance, kaya lang at least sa NBI nationwide na yon, so isang puntahan lang.)

So for example in my case when I did my immigration visa application, I got police clearances in my town in Bulacan, QC and my town in Rizal. Tig-iisa, kasi tumira ako don. Hassle pero kailangan.

• 1 month later...

If you are a foreigner who was not born here in the Phils., you apply with the RTC. You need a lawyer.

If you are a foreigner born here in the Phils., and living here since birth, you apply with the Special Committee on Naturalization (the Committee is located at the Office of the Solicitor General in Makati). You probably should also get a lawyer for this.

Qualifications for RTC application:

Must be not less than twenty-one years of age on the day of the hearing of the petition;

Must have resided in the Philippines for a continuous period of not less than ten years;

Must be of good moral character and believes in the principles underlying the Philippine Constitution, and must have conducted himself in a proper and irreproachable manner during the entire period of his residence in the Philippines in his relation with the constituted government as well as with the community in which he is living.

Must own real estate in the Philippines worth not less than five thousand pesos, Philippine currency, or must have some known lucrative trade, profession, or lawful occupation;

Must be able to speak and write English or Spanish and any one of the principal Philippine languages; and

Must have enrolled his minor children of school age, in any of the public schools or private schools recognized by the Office of Private Education1 of the Philippines, where the Philippine history, government and civics are taught or prescribed as part of the school curriculum, during the entire period of the residence in the Philippines required of him prior to the hearing of his petition for naturalization as Philippine citizen.

For administrative naturalization with the Special Committee:

Must be born in the Philippines and residing therein since birth;

Must not be less than eighteen (18) years of age, at the time of filing of his/her petition;

Must be of good moral character and believes in the underlying principles of the Constitution, and must have conducted himself/herself in a proper and irreproachable manner during his/her entire period of residence in the Philippines in his relation with the duly constituted government as well as with the community in which he/she is living;

Must have received his/her primary and secondary education in any public or private educational institution duly recognized by the Department of Education, Culture and Sports, where Philippine history, government and civics are taught and prescribed as part of the school curriculum and where enrollment is not limited to any race or nationality: Provided, that should he/she have minor children of school age, he/she must have enrolled them in similar schools;

Must have a known trade, business, profession or lawful occupation, from which he/she derives income sufficient for his/her support and if he/she is married and/or has dependents, also that of his/her family: Provided, however, That this shall not apply to applicants who are college degree holders but are unable to practice their profession because they are disqualified to do so by reason of their citizenship;

Must be able to read, write and speak Filipino or any of the dialects of the Philippines; and

Must have mingled with the Filipinos and evinced desire to learn and embrace the customs, traditions and ideals of the Filipino people.

The following are disqualified:

Those opposed to organized government or affiliated with any association or group of persons who uphold and teach doctrines opposing all organized governments;

Those defending or teaching the necessity of or propriety of violence and personal assault or assassination for the success or predominance of their ideas;

Polygamist or believers in the practice of polygamy;

Those convicted of crimes involving moral turpitude;

Those suffering from mental alienation or incurable contagious diseases;

Those who, during the period of their residence in the Philippines, have not mingled socially with the Filipinos, or who have not evinced a sincere desire to learn and embrace the customs, traditions and ideals of the Filipinos;

Citizens or subjects of a foreign country whose laws do not grant Filipinos the right to be naturalized citizens or subject thereof.

How can someone get to be naturalize Filipino? Which department should you approach? Do you need a lawyer? TIA

Edited by rocco69

i lost my passport 3 years ago and i havent reported it as lost and now expired expired n cya this 2011.im planning to renew it this year anu po b magndang gawin?kaialngan ko po bang sabihin sa kanila n i lost it 3 years ago or sabihin ko n lang n nito lang nawala?

• 2 weeks later...

When my brother was younger (around 3-4 years old), our mother had a passport made for him. My brother never got to use it and the said passport was lost during Ondoy. Now my brother is planning on getting his own passport, he is now 23 years old. Should he process a passport like new or does he need to make an affidavit of loss for the passport he never got to use?

Requirements for Lost Expired Passport:

* Affidavit of Loss

* Fee of Php1200.00

* Personal Appearance

* Authenticated Birth Certificate (NSO copy)

* At least 2 proof of identity, supporting documents indicating full name, date and place of birth and citizenship (Ex. valid identification cards such as SSS, GSIS, school, company, driver’s license, and PRC)

* Voter’s affidavit

o for Female

+ NSO copy of marriage contract (for married)

+ NSO copy of death certificate (for widow)

o for Annulled/Divorced

+ Certificate true copy of divorce paper

+ certified true copy of annulment decision

o for Minor (below 18 yrs. old)

Personal appearance and appearance of mother

# for Minor and is Not Traveling with Parent

* Original and photocopy of DSWD clearance

* Affidavit of consent

# for Minor with Both parents Overseas

* Affidavit of consent (authenticated from Philippine Embassy)

* Special Power of Attorney (SPA) (authenticated from Philippine Embassy)

* Passport of traveling companion

* Identification card of parents and traveling companion

To be sure, call the DFA Hotline - (632) 556-0000 Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm

When my brother was younger (around 3-4 years old), our mother had a passport made for him. My brother never got to use it and the said passport was lost during Ondoy. Now my brother is planning on getting his own passport, he is now 23 years old. Should he process a passport like new or does he need to make an affidavit of loss for the passport he never got to use?

sir rocco69

Will NSO main have a copy of the new birth cert when she applies for an authenticated one?

if so, how will she apply for a passport renewal (of which the previous passport still using mother's surname) ?

iligal ang "late registration" kung rehistrado na ang bata. isang beses lang dapat ma-rehistro ang isang tao. ito ay magiging falsification of public documents.

MAARI NA PO NGAYONG GAMITIN NG ISANG ANAK SA LABAS ANG APELYIDO NG KANYANG AMA (RA No. 9255) - HINDI NYO NA KAILANGANG MAGPA-LATE REGISTRATION PARA MAILIPAT ANG APELYIDO DUN SA AMA!!!

Pumunta kayo (parehong magulang, magdala ng patunay sa inyong pagkakakilanlan, i.e. magdala ng ID) sa Civil Registrar kung saan naka-rehistro ang bata. Ikwento nyo ang gusto nyong mangyari dun at magtanong kung ano ang kailangang gawin para mailipat na sa apelyido ng ama yung bata (actually, pagagawin lang yung ama ng Affidavit to Use Surname of the Father, tapos ibibigay ito sa Civil Registrar, kasama amg kaukulang kabayaran - wala nang libre ngayon).

ask lng po

ive gven birth 2 my daughter and registered her under my surname.nw ung tatay gus2 ilipat s lastname nya but we’re not married.wat i want 2 knw,is it legal n iffile nmin sxa ng l8 registration kung san q pnanganak bb q.

The NSO does not change the birth certificate. After being informed by the Local Civil Registrar that the child will now be using the surname of the father, when you apply for an authenticated copy with the NSO, the NSO photocopies the original birth certificate it has on file, then adds a notation at the side of the certified true copy saying that the surname of the child is now that of the father. To repeat, no changes are made to the original, only notations are added to the certified true copy.

you apply for passport renewal by submitting the "new" birth certificate to the DFA together with the other documentary requirements. bahala na ang DFA dun.

sir rocco69

Will NSO main have a copy of the new birth cert when she applies for an authenticated one?

if so, how will she apply for a passport renewal (of which the previous passport still using mother's surname) ?

Good day mga chief,

Ask ko lang kung saan lalapit and friend kung gusto nyang pa update ang last name nya from his mother to his biological father?.. Ito kase yung case, yung father nya sa birthcertt nya yung lolo nya, and yung sa mom nya yung biological mom nya.

Di ba sa civil registrar lang ito or kailangan pa nyang mag pa adopt sa biological father nya? thanks saka gaano kaya katagal ang process? para kase maging benificiary nya yung mom and dad nya thanks.

bump ko lang po :)

Good day mga chief,

Ask ko lang kung saan lalapit and friend kung gusto nyang pa update ang last name nya from his mother to his biological father?.. Ito kase yung case, yung father nya sa birthcertt nya yung lolo nya, and yung sa mom nya yung biological mom nya.

Di ba sa civil registrar lang ito or kailangan pa nyang mag pa adopt sa biological father nya? thanks saka gaano kaya katagal ang process? para kase maging benificiary nya yung mom and dad nya thanks.

Dahil ang nakalagay na tatay niya sa birth certificate ay ang lolo niya, kailangan niyang maghain ng petition sa court para mabago ito mula sa lolo niya tungo sa biological father niya. Magbabago kasi ang status niya (imbes na "anak" siya ng lolo niya, lalabas na yung tutoong situation na anak siya nung biological father niya), kaya hindi ito sa civil registrar lang. hindi rin adoption ang solusyon dahil nga tunay naman niyang ama yun. Correction of entry ang tawag sa petition na yan (yun nga lamang, lalabas na nagkaroon ng falsification at simulation of birth dun sa pagpaparehistro sa kanya bilang anak ng lolo niya, krimen yun - altho malabo naman na me magfile ng mga kasong yan).

lalapit kayo sa abugado para sa paghain ng petition na ito.

Good day mga chief,

Edited by rocco69
  • 4 weeks later...

hello. maybe somebody can help me here.

this is the problem of my gf.

narealize na wala pala syang Birth Certificate (na fake pala) when she is submitting documents to her college school.

according to her, hilot daw nagpanganak sa kanya, hindi midwife.

kaya ang ginawa ng parents nya ay nagpakuha na lang ng B-Cert sa kakilala sa munisipyo. then yun, peke pala ang ginawang B-Cert nya.

paano ba dapat nyang gawin para magkaroon na sya ng legal na B-Cert.

Thanks in advance.

She should go the Local Civil Registrar of the place where she was born and ask the personnel there what are the requirements for late registration of birth (she'll probably be required to get, among others, an NSO certification that she has no birth certificate, i.e. negative results).

hello. maybe somebody can help me here.

this is the problem of my gf.

narealize na wala pala syang Birth Certificate (na fake pala) when she is submitting documents to her college school.

according to her, hilot daw nagpanganak sa kanya, hindi midwife.

kaya ang ginawa ng parents nya ay nagpakuha na lang ng B-Cert sa kakilala sa munisipyo. then yun, peke pala ang ginawang B-Cert nya.

paano ba dapat nyang gawin para magkaroon na sya ng legal na B-Cert.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sirs, i lost my passport and i dont know the passport number. what should i do to get a new one?

Apply with the DFA via http://e-passport.com.ph. Alam ng DFA yang passport number mo, kahit pa nawala mo yan.

Bring NSO certified birth certificate, any valid gov't ID (Driver's license, Voter's ID, etc.), notarized affidavit of explanation, police report (if passport is still valid)

Edited by rocco69

Pareho lang po ba yung Residential Certificate at Cedula (Community tax certificate)?

wala nang residential certificate, community tax certificate na lang.

alalahanin mo rin na di na tinatanggap ang Community Tax Certificate sa pagpapanotaryo ng dokumento. Ipinagbawal na ito ng Supreme Court (mula pa nung 2004), na nagsabi na ang kailangang iprisinta sa notaryo pag nagpapanotaryo ay isang ID na government agency ang nag-issue, tulad ng Driver's License, Passport, Voter's ID, Seaman's Book, Postal ID, etc.). Siyempre, ito rin dapat ang nakabanggit dun sa acknowledgement ng notaryo.

• 2 weeks later...