Nso Matters, Dfa Matters, Citizenship, Travel, Passports Etc

kittytigerpanther

I just checked the May 2009 visa bulletin, they are now presently handing out visa numbers for family sponsored 4th preference (brother and sisters of adult citizens) category petitions for the Philippines with a cut off date of 8 July 1986. So may available visa number right now are those who have approved petitions on or earlier than 8 July 1986.

So kung approval nyo is 1990, wala pa yong sa inyo. Nakapila pa.

Best thing to do is have the petitioner notify the USCIS of the change of address. So, that if your turn in line comes, duly notified kayo.

Your dad does not have to go with you, walang effect yon sa petition nyo.

Thanks for the info sir :)

• 5 weeks later...

I am planning to apply in Canada as a caregiver and I understand that I will be acquiring a temporary work visa when I get there. I heard that I can bring my kids and spouse as dependents.

Anybody here knows how long will it take before my kids (ages 5 and 3) and spouse follow me once I make it in Canada?

I am planning to apply in Canada as a caregiver and I understand that I will be acquiring a temporary work visa when I get there. I heard that I can bring my kids and spouse as dependents.

Anybody here knows how long will it take before my kids (ages 5 and 3) and spouse follow me once I make it in Canada?

I think this is more of a hearsay. usually, the principal should have a permanent residence visa or somewhat similar, to obtain such privilege. it is better to check it with yourself. try this --> http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/phili...x.aspx?lang=eng

Have a nice day :)

Hello po.. Please help me regarding this matter..

My family have a small trading business.. My Dad is a natural born Chinese which will turn 50 yrs. old this august. He has an Alien Certificate of Registration(ACR).. SSS is requiring my dad to contribute. I just want to know if my dad pay the necessary fees, will he be able to avail pension when he reaches 60?

My family have a small trading business.. My Dad is a natural born Chinese which will turn 50 yrs. old this august. He has an Alien Certificate of Registration(ACR).. SSS is requiring my dad to contribute. I just want to know if my dad pay the necessary fees, will he be able to avail pension when he reaches 60?

question muna sir. who is the declared owner of your family business? in what form (corporation, partnership, or sole proprietorship)?

tanung ko lang po..

scenario:

yung gf ko kaka alis lang last june 6, 2009 as immigrant..pinetetion kasi siya ng parents nya..need to stay there for 5 years i think..my question is this..what if i go to the states as a tourist and we get married immediately sa states..magiging US citizen na ba ako immediately? is it legal? para i can stay there na for good..need clarifications..thanks in advance

tanung ko lang po..

scenario:

yung gf ko kaka alis lang last june 6, 2009 as immigrant..pinetetion kasi siya ng parents nya..need to stay there for 5 years i think..my question is this..what if i go to the states as a tourist and we get married immediately sa states..magiging US citizen na ba ako immediately? is it legal? para i can stay there na for good..need clarifications..thanks in advance

Hinde ka maging US citizen dahil gf mo hinde nga US citizen. Pag nagpakasal kayo ipepetition ka ng wife mo na immigrant as spouse of permanent resident, classified as Second Family-Based Preference A. Matagal tagal bago abutin yong petition mo sa pila. Mas maganda yan ipacitizen mo muna gf mo saka kayo pakasal. Yan naman ay Immediate Relative Category na walang quota o waiting list. Yan puede kang immigrant kaagad. Pero magiging qualified for naturalization lang gf mo after 5 years continuous residence sa US basta physically present in the US for half of the 5 year period. Kaya malaki gamble kung kayo pa after 5 years.

question po: me isang maling letra sa birth certificate ko, ang problema eh birth certificate ang isa sa major requirements para makakuha passport. makakakuha ba ako ng passport kahit wla akong pinasang birth certificate? anu ang pwedeng ipalit sa birth certificate para makauha ng passport? salamat po in advance. meron po bang mtc member na makakatulong sakin makakuha ng passport? salamat po

question po: me isang maling letra sa birth certificate ko, ang problema eh birth certificate ang isa sa major requirements para makakuha passport. makakakuha ba ako ng passport kahit wla akong pinasang birth certificate? anu ang pwedeng ipalit sa birth certificate para makauha ng passport? salamat po in advance. meron po bang mtc member na makakatulong sakin makakuha ng passport? salamat po

ano ang pagkakamali? kung very minor naman, punta ka sa local registrar's office ng munisipyo kung saan ka ipinanganak. ask ka kung paano. in such case, you need not to go to the court to file a petition for the correction. ang nakikita ko lang problema e kung gaano katagal i-tatransmit ng local registrar ang corrected birthcert mo sa nso. patulong ka sa mga empleyado mismo ng registrar. for sure may paraan and ninoy talks. :D

birthcert lang talaga ang requirement boss.

Hinde ka maging US citizen dahil gf mo hinde nga US citizen. Pag nagpakasal kayo ipepetition ka ng wife mo na immigrant as spouse of permanent resident, classified as Second Family-Based Preference A. Matagal tagal bago abutin yong petition mo sa pila. Mas maganda yan ipacitizen mo muna gf mo saka kayo pakasal. Yan naman ay Immediate Relative Category na walang quota o waiting list. Yan puede kang immigrant kaagad. Pero magiging qualified for naturalization lang gf mo after 5 years continuous residence sa US basta physically present in the US for half of the 5 year period. Kaya malaki gamble kung kayo pa after 5 years.

thanks..does that mean, pwede umuwi gf ko dito after 2.5 years of staying there? then ilang months sya dito pwede tumagal before going back to america?

one more thing, may sinasabi siya na greencard holder daw siya..may bingay daw sa kanila immigration..un na ba ung sinasbi mo na naturalization process?thanks.

Edited by mr. john
thanks..does that mean, pwede umuwi gf ko dito after 2.5 years of staying there? then ilang months sya dito pwede tumagal before going back to america?

one more thing, may sinasabi siya na greencard holder daw siya..may bingay daw sa kanila immigration..un na ba ung sinasbi mo na naturalization process?thanks.

Nakita mo naman yong correction ko na masmabilis ka mapetition as spouse of a US permanent resident dahil less than 5 years ang waiting period according to visa bulletin ng second family-based preference A petition. Ang green card ay ang alien certificate of registration na binibigay sa mga US permanent residents. Ang naturalization process ang procedure for non US citizens to acquire US citizenship. Yung primary requirement dito is being a US permanent resident, pero may iba pa like, continous residence in the US for 5 years( 3 years if married to and living with a US citizen), physical presence in the US for half the 5 year (or 3 year period, good moral character, basic knowledge of US gov. and history, able to read, write and speak simple English, at least 18 years of age, legally competent to take an oath of allegiance to the US and express your allegiance to the US.

Continuous residence does not mean you must have been in the US without ever leaving the country for the 5 or 3 year period provided: You did not abandon your permanent residence, the US was your principal residence, and most important, you have not been out of the country for more than a year at a time, or 365 consecutive days. An absence of more than a year breaks the continuity of your residence. If a permanent resident has been outside the US for more than six months, but less than a year in several years just prior to applying for naturalization, the examiner may think that one has abandoned one's residence. Much will depend on the reason or reasons for leaving the country. It is better not to have been gone too long for a certain period during the 5 year continuous residence.

Edited by moed

question muna sir. who is the declared owner of your family business? in what form (corporation, partnership, or sole proprietorship)?

My mom was the declared owner and in sole proprietorship..

im confused. what's the question na? mom was or still the owner? initially your asking for advise regarding your father's sss eligibility. i might give you a wrong answer.

They told us that if the business is hardware there should be 2 people who runs the business.. Unlike if it is a sari-sari store it can be a solo.. So my mother tells them that its a family business and my father is the co-owner of it.. Is my dad eligible for SSS benefits?

ano ang pagkakamali? kung very minor naman, punta ka sa local registrar's office ng munisipyo kung saan ka ipinanganak. ask ka kung paano. in such case, you need not to go to the court to file a petition for the correction. ang nakikita ko lang problema e kung gaano katagal i-tatransmit ng local registrar ang corrected birthcert mo sa nso. patulong ka sa mga empleyado mismo ng registrar. for sure may paraan and ninoy talks. :D

birthcert lang talaga ang requirement boss.

sa mga nakakaalam po, question is 3 fold:

1. My friend has no birth certificate -- she was born in Cavite, delivered by a midwife, who obviously did not register her... additionally, the midwife has died na, so no reference; What are her remedies? the most expeditious approach please?

2. My other friend has a different name in her Birth Certificate, vs her baptismal certificate, not sure how simple or complex the difference is, what are her remedies and most expeditious approach as well please...

3. 3rd friend is clearly a female, yet a mistake in her birth certificate states "Male", (yes, Im sure she's not a "lady man" hehehe)... How does she get this changed in the most expeditious manner?

and when you say "go to court", what court and where? can we grease the wheel extensively to move these along fast?

TIA

1. My friend has no birth certificate -- she was born in Cavite, delivered by a midwife, who obviously did not register her... additionally, the midwife has died na, so no reference; What are her remedies? the most expeditious approach please?

2. My other friend has a different name in her Birth Certificate, vs her baptismal certificate, not sure how simple or complex the difference is, what are her remedies and most expeditious approach as well please...

3. 3rd friend is clearly a female, yet a mistake in her birth certificate states "Male", (yes, Im sure she's not a "lady man" hehehe)... How does she get this changed in the most expeditious manner?

and when you say "go to court", what court and where? can we grease the wheel extensively to move these along fast?

TIA

On Question1. The remedy is late registration. She may have her birth certificate registered late. I think the only requirement is an affidavit of two (2) disinterested persons. Punta lang sa munisipyo where she was born to register he birth.

On Question 2. The most expeditious? Well, to stand by what is indicated in her birth cert. No need to resort to any court or administrative proceeding. If she is "Clarito" in her birth cert, then let her be Clarito all her life, and just change the baptismal cert. Remember: It's easier to change private documents such as school records and bapt. cert, than to change the birth certificate, marriage contract, etc.

On Question 3. The only remedy is to file a Petition for Correction of Entry with the REgional Trial Court. I'm afraid that's the only remedy. The clerical error law does not correct erroneous entries on gender and status.

ElRey, boss this is just an add-on on swami's reply. number 1 lang

late registration. to start, she will be needing a certificate of no record from NSO, marriage contract of the parents, school records, and barangay certificate of residency. ill update my post later but for the full satisfaction, she may proceed to the municipal or city registrar's office which has jurisdiction of where she was born. they will provide her a list of requirements. they may help you expedite.

• 3 weeks later...

bro's i have this question about an alien living here in the phil. How do i go about in obtaning personal details abt this guy, all i have is his cel number and the plate number of his car? can i go to lto to get the info (will they oblige?) or go to smart or globe to get the info i need? Coz im builiding up a case against this guy.

may questions po ako para sa mga esteemed legal experts dito sa mtc...sana matulungan nyo ako...

i am planning to go to japan...well my sister is trying to get me there...my japanese brother-in-law will be processing the request to allow me to go there for a visiting visa...eto po mga tanong ko

mga gaano katagal po kaya processing?

what do i need?

step sister ko po pala ung kumukuha, how can i prove it thru our birth certificate?

sa mga may experience po dyan about obtaining their japanese visas i need help...thanks a lot po guys

Go to the Bureau of Immigration in Intramuros and make an inquiry.

bro's i have this question about an alien living here in the phil. How do i go about in obtaning personal details abt this guy, all i have is his cel number and the plate number of his car? can i go to lto to get the info (will they oblige?) or go to smart or globe to get the info i need? Coz im builiding up a case against this guy.
  • 4 weeks later...

TIA

1. She can file for late registration sa civil registry ng city or municipality kung saan siya ipinanganak.

2. I dont know how simple or complex ang pagkaka-iba but she can execute an affidavit of discrepancy attaching therewith valid identification card/s (government issued preferably) stating that name in her Birth Cert and Baptismal Certificate refers to one and the same person.

3. Pag ganyan na, kailangan na talagang mag-file ng petition sa court (Regional Trial Court) where she is residing.

Edited by thegame08
  • 3 weeks later...

:goatee: does anyone have an idea about the tourist visa requirements for travel to taiwan...hope you could help me out...although i have read that filipinos are no longer required to possess a visa provided that they never have worked on a blue collar job...if this is so, are there any necessary steps or process still to be undergoed...or upon travel to taiwan only a ticket is needed...thanks... :goatee: