Credit Card Talk

Its actually no surprise to me that your GF was not given a credit card.. There are several people who are in a way, "blacklisted" in getting a credit line from banks and financial institutions..

1) Lawyers - credit institutions do not want headaches from a lawyer dissing them.. For credit companies, lawyers are headaches as they know too much and can circumvent the law.. thus, they are hard to collect from..

2) Policemen/Soldiers - high risk individuals.. not to mention also hard to collect from..

When I was working in a financial insitution.. off the bat kapag lawyer ka or pulis.. disapproved kaagad..

That is how credit companies set their guidelines.. These guidelines are not really written, but they are what you call "unwritten" guidelines that we all know as credit people.. We just stamp the application like.. "undesirable work/job, etc.." Coz remember that credit companies are not required to tell why the application was disapproved..

Without being prejudiced, banks need to protect their interests first before they can protect someone else's di ba? So, there.. It might be bullshit to some, but if you look at it in a bank's or credit institution's perspective, you would understand..

That is through experience, guys.. I am not saying I am correct but that is how we were taught where I worked.. and I am telling you I've been with 5 financial institutions that had the same guidelines.. haha..

thanks for the reply.. at least i know why.. anyone from hsbc?? so i would try that??

• 2 weeks later...
Its actually no surprise to me that your GF was not given a credit card.. There are several people who are in a way, "blacklisted" in getting a credit line from banks and financial institutions..

1) Lawyers - credit institutions do not want headaches from a lawyer dissing them.. For credit companies, lawyers are headaches as they know too much and can circumvent the law.. thus, they are hard to collect from..

2) Policemen/Soldiers - high risk individuals.. not to mention also hard to collect from..

When I was working in a financial insitution.. off the bat kapag lawyer ka or pulis.. disapproved kaagad..

That is how credit companies set their guidelines.. These guidelines are not really written, but they are what you call "unwritten" guidelines that we all know as credit people.. We just stamp the application like.. "undesirable work/job, etc.." Coz remember that credit companies are not required to tell why the application was disapproved..

Without being prejudiced, banks need to protect their interests first before they can protect someone else's di ba? So, there.. It might be bullshit to some, but if you look at it in a bank's or credit institution's perspective, you would understand..

That is through experience, guys.. I am not saying I am correct but that is how we were taught where I worked.. and I am telling you I've been with 5 financial institutions that had the same guidelines.. haha..

Now, i know... another question if you have use the CC over its limit, that's understood that you're a bad payer??? and blacklisted to another CC company???

lemme here...

Edited by Broz Tawilis
Now, i know... another question if you have use the CC over its limit, that's understood that you're a bad payer??? and blacklisted to another CC company???

lemme here...

IMO, one can not really use his card over and above the stated credit limit.. "Over the limit" only happens when the credit card holder does not pay on time and thus incur penalties and interests.. This might make his outstanding balance balloon over the limit..

If this happens, the credit card company would definitely call the holder and ask him to pay.. Not necessarily the whole amount but maybe just to make the card current (not past due).. You won't get blacklisted but it would be seen in your records.. That might affect your credit approval with other institutions, especially if you prolong your being "past due.."

IMO, one can not really use his card over and above the stated credit limit.. "Over the limit" only happens when the credit card holder does not pay on time and thus incur penalties and interests.. This might make his outstanding balance balloon over the limit..

If this happens, the credit card company would definitely call the holder and ask him to pay.. Not necessarily the whole amount but maybe just to make the card current (not past due).. You won't get blacklisted but it would be seen in your records.. That might affect your credit approval with other institutions, especially if you prolong your being "past due.."

Nice to hear you that, thank you.

hey guys, nid your advise

i had some trouble last 2003 with bpi card. i missed a payment and they charged me interest etc. but i did not recvd the bill statement. i askd them to remove the extra charges and they refused. so i didnt pay the bill. then the interests started piling up and belive me the amount ballooned to over 300k from my actual purchases of 60k.

bpi filed a case against me in court. then finally they agreed to remove all other charges if i agree to pay the actual chages.

i paid my actual purchase of 60k without any other charges. bpi dropped the case and issued me a certificate of clearance that i had fully settled my balance. case dropped.

now my question is this. i dont know why i cannot apply with other credit cards. visa or master. i have my own business and is financially capable.. but i dont know why banks are rejecting my application.

can anybody help me?

unfortunately, banks share information on credit history, they do this for credit investigation. heres the thing, since you have a business, i believe you are dealing with a bank, for all your deposits and cheques issuance. then start with them, PR the manager and get him/her to provide you a pre approved card, or else get someone to be your guarantor. after 6 months with good standing, start applying to another credit card company. once you get the new one, cancel the one with the guarantor so that you can now have a new credit standing. imho.

The reverse is also true, sometimes. Some Credit Card companies force their cards on you by sending you numerous pre-approved cards, and pester you to get cards from them, thru phone calls day and night even, from promos to services, it also gets to be irritating and an invasion of your privacy. They divulge your information to other businesses and give your details to their third-party telemarketers. Once CC company even tried to make it very difficult for me NOT TO ACCEPT the credit card they were forcing on me, and I'm a lawyer pa...

Thanks guys. This thread is really informative.

Anyway, how true is it that a collection agency will actually press charges against you for owning as little as 20K if in case you havent been able to pay it for a year?

they wont bother you at this time, it will cost them more to go after you; but you will have a bad credit until you settle that. imho, best to settle that or move to a cc that will provide you with less interest and discipline yourself on paying ahead.

got a question...i have a citibank gold card for both master and visa in manila and i will soon be relocated to our office in singapore...is there a way that citibank can issue me a singapore-based citibank credit card? i do not wish to use my manila-based credit card..talo sa exchange rate kasi....thanx in advance...

got a question...i have a citibank gold card for both master and visa in manila and i will soon be relocated to our office in singapore...is there a way that citibank can issue me a singapore-based citibank credit card? i do not wish to use my manila-based credit card..talo sa exchange rate kasi....thanx in advance...

i think you can call the local citibank cust service and ask them if they can convert your card to singapore based or not. at the same time, dont cancel it at this time, you can use that as a cc reference if you wish to apply at other bank with cc from a local singapore bank. why not apply for usd american express or equitable pci(bdo) titanium which accepts either in usd or peso payment

the difference in perception between an empleyado and a negosyante when looking at a credit card:

empleyado - pambili ng bagong cell phone! magaan lang ung monthly payments, saya, saya!

negosyante - working capital! kelangan lang talunin ko 3.5% isang buwan!

- pang-restock ng stocks ko sa tindahan, pag nabayaran on time pdeng wla pang interest wohoo!

unfortunately, banks share information on credit history, they do this for credit investigation. heres the thing, since you have a business, i believe you are dealing with a bank, for all your deposits and cheques issuance. then start with them, PR the manager and get him/her to provide you a pre approved card, or else get someone to be your guarantor. after 6 months with good standing, start applying to another credit card company. once you get the new one, cancel the one with the guarantor so that you can now have a new credit standing. imho.

i have been a client of metrobank over 15 years. never bounced a check, never stopped a check payment. i had a comercial checking account. i had this problem with BPI as narrated but was able to settle it with no problems. i paid the full amount in 2002 after they gave in to my demand. (they didnt want to reverse some charges and they started compounding interests which they hoped that i will give in and pay them) but i didnt and i got my way (i paid in full all my atual purchases). anyways, i applied for a metrobank visa recently and was rejected after i think was a credit investigation and they rejected my application. i asked them for a reason and they said if was confidential.

i closed my account right after the words left the managers mouth.

Apply for a credit card in Singapore not necessarily with Citibank. But you must meet the minimum annual income requirement of S$60,000 if you're a foreigner not unless there is a promo going on. It would be easy to get one if you are a Permanent Residence holder.

Edited by gladiatorx
  • 1 month later...
i have been a client of metrobank over 15 years. never bounced a check, never stopped a check payment. i had a comercial checking account. i had this problem with BPI as narrated but was able to settle it with no problems. i paid the full amount in 2002 after they gave in to my demand. (they didnt want to reverse some charges and they started compounding interests which they hoped that i will give in and pay them) but i didnt and i got my way (i paid in full all my atual purchases). anyways, i applied for a metrobank visa recently and was rejected after i think was a credit investigation and they rejected my application. i asked them for a reason and they said if was confidential.

i closed my account right after the words left the managers mouth.

Nice move, in their face ang dating, I can almost imagine the scene in my head.

I have credit cards in case of emergency, like biglaang gimik na hindi matanggihan. :thumbsupsmiley:

very well said revi

kumbaga walang discrimination about their jobs but c.c's are just playing safe...

and their target is the call center peeps alam kasi nilang maluho at malaki ang sweldo....

anyways...

ako dko pa rin makita sarili ko having a c.c.

y..kasi nakita ko kung pano abusuhin ng utol ko ang cc nya at kung pano gipitin ng mga kupal na collection agency ang nanay ko na napilitan namang magbayad sa takot na makulong ang abusadong anak..... :-)

TADO Ka ah, nagpadala naman ako ng pambayad ah

• 2 weeks later...