Credit Card Talk

I agree. I hate HSBC's reward points system. Every year or so my points go back to 0. My Citibank points are still there even after 10 years have gone by.

HSBC has the worse reward system because the points are only valid for one year. I wonder if there are any cardholder who have earned enough points to get the expensive appliances in their catalog...

UBS's Euro 2008 Mastercard! Comes with a really nice welcome packge. Free beach towel, pouch, and Euro 2008 lanyard which you can use to hang your ID or cellphone.

Can We apply for that in the Philippines or do we have to be a Private banking client in order to avail of that card? :lol:

how about credit cards of local banks? can't they compare with citi or hsbc?

Credit cards issued by local banks are the same as Citi of HSBC in terms of merchant acceptance, as long as they carry Visa or Mastercard logo they can by used in most card accepting establishment. When using local banks issued card in foreign country they may require identification like passport in order to process the card. If we use international bank's card (Citi, HSBC, etc.) it would be easier to use in other countries since they are familiar with the brand, you might also avail of discounts if the establishment is a partner of Citi or HSBC.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lustfortravel
- there is a list for bad accounts. banks do share records (CMAP, CCAP, CIBI, etc) of delinquent people. sad thing is that it is almost impossible to have it erased. Some people who tried had to go to each individual credit bureau to have their names erased via affidavits and such. But I don't know if they succeeded. That part I had no experience with.

sadly, no. i had a friend who tried to get his name off the negative data bank since he already fully paid for the card balance. unfortunately, they say that his past history will still form part of the information to be given to potential new creditors to help them in their evaluation of his ability to handle debts.

I still haven't fully payed my credit card bill... I lacked discipline kasi... oh, well..

good luck to the new and potential credit card owners

hope you won't get into trouble like me... :upside:

you probably maxed your card to its limit when your credit limit is greater than your income. it's simply a case of living beyond your means.

but it is also good you know that it is your lack of discipline that led you to your present troubles. try to settle your outstanding debts first and until you do so, STOP using its available balance.

if you need anything, pay in cash ;)

sadly, no. i had a friend who tried to get his name off the negative data bank since he already fully paid for the card balance. unfortunately, they say that his past history will still form part of the information to be given to potential new creditors to help them in their evaluation of his ability to handle debts.

you probably maxed your card to its limit when your credit limit is greater than your income. it's simply a case of living beyond your means.

but it is also good you know that it is your lack of discipline that led you to your present troubles. try to settle your outstanding debts first and until you do so, STOP using its available balance.

if you need anything, pay in cash ;)

Actually if you want to clear your name off the negative data bank, there is a way. Go to citibank, or any other bank. Deposit a few hundred thousands with the bank and after a few month ask them for a credit card. I believe the bank manager will vouch for you.

Actually if you want to clear your name off the negative data bank, there is a way. Go to citibank, or any other bank. Deposit a few hundred thousands with the bank and after a few month ask them for a credit card. I believe the bank manager will vouch for you.

that's for getting a credit card NOT taking your name off that damned list, it just means that the issuer decided to ignore the list based on the reco of the bank officer.

hsbc is offering a free roundtrip domestic ticket via PAL for hsbc mabuhay miles visa card qualified applicants and also free mango bracelet watches for hsbc mastercard qualified applicants

Edited by mirang
Question: makukulong ka ba if hindi mo nabayaran utang mo sa credit card????

hahaha.. What a question!!!! Hence, the adage: Walang nakukulong sa utang.. I am not a lawyer (and anyone can correct me on this) but IMO, I believe that sum of money cases often than not end up in amicable settlements.. Especially if the amount involved are very measly.. Say, P100-500K debts, wherein the amount only ballooned due to interests and penalties..

But let us say, the person did not have an amicable settlement.. Estafa (kung saan pwede kang makulong) only happens in bouncing checks (BP 22), and usually, credit card cases do not have bouncing checks as proof.. Therefore, kapag hindi mo binayaran ang utang mo sa CC, the worst case that could happen to you is you will be listed in CMAP, etc and be blacklisted from credit companies..

Ngayon, kung makapal ang mukha ng umuutang.. Di takbuhan mo na ang mga liabilities mo sa credit card mo.. hahahaha....

Credit companies usually would harass you in hopes to make you pay.. By threatening in the form of letters and calls.. The most common of all is attorney letters (collection letters).. But usually, these companies won't go to the extent of filing a case against you.. Why? Magastos! For just a measly P100K, filing cases such as these will take time and more money than the 100K debt.. So lugi sila.. So, sinabi ko nga.. Kung makapal ang mukha mo, then by all means run away from your debts..

Hence, the accounting entry... WRITE OFF.. :rolleyes:

hahaha.. What a question!!!! Hence, the adage: Walang nakukulong sa utang.. I am not a lawyer (and anyone can correct me on this) but IMO, I believe that sum of money cases often than not end up in amicable settlements.. Especially if the amount involved are very measly.. Say, P100-500K debts, wherein the amount only ballooned due to interests and penalties..

But let us say, the person did not have an amicable settlement.. Estafa (kung saan pwede kang makulong) only happens in bouncing checks (BP 22), and usually, credit card cases do not have bouncing checks as proof.. Therefore, kapag hindi mo binayaran ang utang mo sa CC, the worst case that could happen to you is you will be listed in CMAP, etc and be blacklisted from credit companies..

Ngayon, kung makapal ang mukha ng umuutang.. Di takbuhan mo na ang mga liabilities mo sa credit card mo.. hahahaha....

Credit companies usually would harass you in hopes to make you pay.. By threatening in the form of letters and calls.. The most common of all is attorney letters (collection letters).. But usually, these companies won't go to the extent of filing a case against you.. Why? Magastos! For just a measly P100K, filing cases such as these will take time and more money than the 100K debt.. So lugi sila.. So, sinabi ko nga.. Kung makapal ang mukha mo, then by all means run away from your debts..

Hence, the accounting entry... WRITE OFF.. :rolleyes:

well explained! i know lot of cases of the "makapal ang mukha" still living freely :D

well explained! i know lot of cases of the "makapal ang mukha" still living freely :D

Thanks, bro.. In my case, I even have several relatives that I have seen in CMAP listings (I approved loans in a certain bank/institution before eh).. As per my knowledge, I still see them in family reunions.. One of them, even drives an Expedition - a car he usually borrows from his dad.. hahaha.. Talk about "living freely.." :lol:

I hate Credit Card agents... they could get really pesky...

worse they include your contact info in a database and they share your info around.

for example you get a credit card A from agent X. A few months later you'll get a call from agent Y offering u credit card B (different company).

my advice if you want to get a credit card, don't do it through an agent!

I hate Credit Card agents... they could get really pesky...

worse they include your contact info in a database and they share your info around.

for example you get a credit card A from agent X. A few months later you'll get a call from agent Y offering u credit card B (different company).

my advice if you want to get a credit card, don't do it through an agent!

pareho din yun. ang daming pagkukunan nung pangalan mo - when the bank themselves make promotions: thru mailers: the guy printing the gum labels for the envelope can photocopy it, the messengerial company that delivers your brochures/promors/statements, etc. If they have a telemarketing program: they print out the names and subcontract it to call agents.

That doesn't limit the list to credit cards - even your deposit accounts (bank secrecy notwithstanding), magazine subscriptions, meralco, pldt, cable subscription, etc - your name is there.

In this world, you can not avoid it. The trick is learning to live with it. There's answering machines, secretaries, buffers, etc. The problem is with people who do not know how to say NO, they get irritated and ruin the rest of their day. Now, calls from collection agencies are another matter, that's a problem of your own doing.

Want to turn the tables on telemarketers? Engage them on a loooooong conversation - ask anything remotely connected with the product their pushing (just make sure you can say NO), You'll notice that they're the once who want to end the call :)

tip: only use credit cards if u have the CASH already on hand to pay for it right away, its for convenience only!!!

also, if u have an HSBC card and ur annual fee is due, they have 5 steps to prevent attrition or closure of accounts due to annual fees, ( got inside info) call up custmer service then ask for annual fee waiver,

Step1, if u have a classic card, automatic annual fee reversal if u spent 40K for the year and 200K for Gold cardholders, (if kulangyung usage mo then go to step2)

Step2 if u earned 4k in reward points, pwede nila bawasan yung rewards points mo for the annual fee waiver( if di ka pumayag, step3 naman)

Step3 they'll bargain for u to spend 3k first then they waive annual fee( if di ka pumayag dun then step 4)

Step4 refer at least 3 people to apply for a card, dapat complete name and contact details( if di ka pumayag then step 5)

Step5 threaten to finally close the account with out any conditions from step 2 to 4( they will go ahead and waive the annual fee)

so it means na just threaten to close the account and they will waive the annual fee, sympre dapat good standing ka!

hope this helps sa inyo