Credit Card Talk

Thanks to both of you, you have indeed enlightened me an how to approach this. At least now I have options which I can use. The only reason why I really want a BPI credit card is for me to be able to use it in buying appliances at zero interest since east west seldom have these kind of promos and usually it's not with big appliance stores like abenson, etc. Thanks again bros!!! Peace!!!

i suggest you get the mini-edge if your planning to apply for a card from BPI - the membership fee is charged monthly ,so its easy to manage -

Has any Citibank CC holder experienced being waved of his/her annual fee? From the posts here, card holders from other banks (BPI for one) are offered this kind gesture. Was wondering if Citibank could extend this courtesy if the conditions are right.

gustong kong card ung palagi waive ang annual fee

Citibank usually waives its annual fees.. Hindi lang yung bawas sa points (like HSBC and Standard Chartered).. It also has a good rewards program.. My family recently got a Air Cooler this week.. Unlike with other cards, for show lang ang points nila at wala naman talagang items that you can get..

• 2 weeks later...

All cards are the same. They are very regulated because Banks make a lot of money from the marketing shinanigans that they do wherein they literary entice heaven and hell just to think of ways for you to spend more than what you have on your bank account now. Thats basically the deal all of them give you. They seduce you into spending money you do not have. My own opinion, One credit card is enuf too many. The trick in surviving your credit card is to use it very carefully and very wisely. The other dirty secret to outsmart these shysters is to pay all your debts on time. Never age your account not a day over what is past due. Otherwise if you age your account, you get into the american debacle on the subprime housing crisis that is going on now. These hoods entrap you with a huge cascade of Interest if you default. Up to a point where they can entrap you into getting sued in court. And they have the means and motive to do this. Dont pleasure them with opportunity. The rule of thumb, spend only what you can earn and pay. Never let your account age, do not buy-into any of those loans they throw at you to spend more unless you really need it and can afford to PAY FOR IT ON TIME. Best thing is to only have one card. BPI or Citibank or Whatever BUT NOT MORE THAN ONE (1) CARD. Thats enuf for your whole family. Always centralize and PLAN CAREFULLY any kind of credit spending. Its Deadly if you screw up.

All cards are the same. They are very regulated because Banks make a lot of money from the marketing shinanigans that they do wherein they literary entice heaven and hell just to think of ways for you to spend more than what you have on your bank account now. Thats basically the deal all of them give you. They seduce you into spending money you do not have. My own opinion, One credit card is enuf too many. The trick in surviving your credit card is to use it very carefully and very wisely. The other dirty secret to outsmart these shysters is to pay all your debts on time. Never age your account not a day over what is past due. Otherwise if you age your account, you get into the american debacle on the subprime housing crisis that is going on now. These hoods entrap you with a huge cascade of Interest if you default. Up to a point where they can entrap you into getting sued in court. And they have the means and motive to do this. Dont pleasure them with opportunity. The rule of thumb, spend only what you can earn and pay. Never let your account age, do not buy-into any of those loans they throw at you to spend more unless you really need it and can afford to PAY FOR IT ON TIME. Best thing is to only have one card. BPI or Citibank or Whatever BUT NOT MORE THAN ONE (1) CARD. Thats enuf for your whole family. Always centralize and PLAN CAREFULLY any kind of credit spending. Its Deadly if you screw up.

..........VERY WELL SAID AMIGO........

i agree.

except that at least you have 2 cards for emergency ( one is for back up) . more often than not (my experience) some establishments just dont accept some cards or they have some connections problem. OR it would be also nice if your 2 cards due dates falls on different dates say, on the 15th and 30th. with that you can maximize the the 21 days plus 30.

i agree.

except that at least you have 2 cards for emergency ( one is for back up) . more often than not (my experience) some establishments just dont accept some cards or they have some connections problem. OR it would be also nice if your 2 cards due dates falls on different dates say, on the 15th and 30th. with that you can maximize the the 21 days plus 30.

I agree with you. I have two credit cards, a mastercard and a visa. One is for work and one is for personal. One cuts off every 23 and the other every 5. With the exception of the cutoff dates, I think this is quite a combo.

i'll go for AMEX, no one can match this card.! citi and hsbc is fine..

not all establishments accepts AMEX. i discontinued my AMEX due to high annual fees. whooping P3500 a year!

makukulong ka ba in case d mo mabayaran utang mo sa credit card? :hypocritesmiley:

no such law.

makukulong ka ba in case d mo mabayaran utang mo sa credit card? :hypocritesmiley:

No, unless you used your card to obtain money or anything of value with intent to defraud or with intent to gain and fleeing thereafter.

Access Devices Regulation Act (Republic Act No. 8484)