Credit Card Talk

Syet ano nirereason pag magpapawaive ka ng CC? TIA

I'm a big spender (I pay my utility bills and monthly groceries using cc) kasi so I'm banking on that. I just tell them that I've been with them for so long and have done business with them for so long and I'm sure that I have an outstanding credit rating. So if they won't waive my annual fee, they can just close my account. I have other credit cards. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ANO BA ANG NANGYAYARE SA MGA TUMATAKBO SA CREDIT CARD?????

I think the banks have a common file of delinquent users so they would know who they would black list. I could be wrong though.

Citibank hires a third company to run after those who have outstanding debts. A friend of mine used to work there. They would call their delinquent clients pretending to be a lawyer & harass them. Threatening them that they would bring people to pull out appliances/furniture if he doesn't pay.

Ang alam ko walang nakukulong sa utang. Except if you gave PDC checks that bounced.

I think the banks have a common file of delinquent users so they would know who they would black list. I could be wrong though.

Citibank hires a third company to run after those who have outstanding debts. A friend of mine used to work there. They would call their delinquent clients pretending to be a lawyer & harass them. Threatening them that they would bring people to pull out appliances/furniture if he doesn't pay.

Ang alam ko walang nakukulong sa utang. Except if you gave PDC checks that bounced.

thank u sir dirk? anyone here na may alm fast approval or fixer to get ccard??

there is a common database mandated by BSP. its called CMAP.

• 3 weeks later...

Kung malaki na ang utang sa credit card, I suggest you take a back-to-back loan on your savings and payout your credit card bill, one time-big time. Credit card companies charge as much as 3% per month on outstanding balance.

Credit is cheap, meaning interest rates on loans is low. Restructure your debt to a point you can get out of it.

I suggest a 1:1 ratio of debt to savings. Do not overspeand.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Meron ba sa BDO neto?

Meron yata sila sir yung BDO Cash Card MasterCard :) Hindi ko lang sure though yung reliability nya pagdating sa online/international transactions...for Online/International shopping most people use Union Bank or BPI debit cards...Smartmoney and GCash debit mastercards are alternatives kaso syempre kelangan mo bumili ng sim card for usage

sorry for the late reply and I hope this helps :)

Metrobank M card = no annual fee for life, no points.

Citibank = perpetually waive depende kung na offeran ka ng ganun

BPI= 2015 nag offer sila ng waive annual fee for life.

RCBC =This yr may ongoing promo na no annual fee for life.

*based sa observation, kadalasan pag no annual fee, walang earning points at mataas ang interest rate nsa 3.5 to 3.95%, citibank lang ang may points kpa din. at sa Citibank lang ang automatic yearly increase ng credit limit.

BDO Shopmore card, walang earning points, kaso madaming perks pag sa SM ka namimili.

• 4 weeks later...

Any tips on how to waive the annual fee for credit card principal and supplementary? My credit card issuing bank is BDO. Thanks!

In my experience, I just kept on paying on time. I've had credit card for more than 7 years and I've been waiving my annual fee yearly.

In my experience, I just kept on paying on time. I've had credit card for more than 7 years and I've been waiving my annual fee yearly.

Thanks for the reply :) Were you approved the full amount or only half of it? I asked my friend who works in a bank and she said it's possible to only get half waived.

• 3 weeks later...

Any tips on how to waive the annual fee for credit card principal and supplementary? My credit card issuing bank is BDO. Thanks!

I just got off the phone with a BDO customer service representative. My annual fees of Php 1500 and Php 750 for both principal and supplementary cards have both been approved. She said that the reversal will take around three banking days and it will show in the next billing cycle.

It was a very quick and easy transaction. She simply asked for some of my information for verification, placed me on hold for a bit, and then informed me that my request for reversal of the annual fee has been approved.

Overall, I am satisfied and pleased.