Credit Card Talk

i just want to know if BPI can trace the perpetrator who used my credit card to purchase something online..i was shocked when i saw that i was charged for something in the internet worth 5k...i declined that transanction to the bank,,but they still charged me

can any one give me an advice on what to do...thanks

wla na d matatrace yan.lalo na sa pilipinas

i just want to know if BPI can trace the perpetrator who used my credit card to purchase something online..i was shocked when i saw that i was charged for something in the internet worth 5k...i declined that transanction to the bank,,but they still charged me

can any one give me an advice on what to do...thanks

that is one of the reason why i dont give my security details to call center agents.

the bpi cards come with an e card to be used online. hindi mismo yung credit card details ang dapat gamitin para di manakaw online ang details mo.

true yan....

after mareject yung online application ko ng citibank for citi shell card dahil bago lang ang citi premiere card ko, nakatangap ako ng shell citi gold cards. isa sa akin nakapangalan,at yung dalawa supllementary sa tatay at nanay ko. wrong spelling pa ang mga pangalan. ang nakakabadtrip pati yung mga PINS ay pinadala sa old residence address ko. dahil kakilala, nakarating kay mrs ,napagbintangan tuloy ako na may binigyan akong mga supplementary cards. todo deny naman ako dahil wala naman ako nalalaman or expect na ganung cards. hehehe.

ang sesti nasa aborad ako nung pinadala yung cards sa ofis, what's alarming kasi basta nalang iniwan sa table ko yung mga cards (saturday mo nakita) and ready to be used....

normally dapat hindi sabay yung pins at cards kahit na magkahiwalay yung mailing address.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ang rule dyan, before using your card, you should have the cash to pay for the purchase. using credit card is only to save you the hassle of bringing cash. don't charge something you haven't earned yet. better to use debit card na lang or yung atm mo that can be used as payment din like a regular credit card. ang difference lang, diretso kaltas na sa account mo yung purchase so less hassle pa na pupunta ka pa ng bank to pay for the items you charged.

• 2 weeks later...

life's tough! as much as possible i want to save on annual fees. ang laki eh pag sinamasama.. yung iba mura or free pero wala points and perks.

Citi premier the best card for me. libre entrance sa NW VIP lounge. 10-20% discount sa mga sports bar abroad. sayang ayaw mag wave ng anualfees na P2500. discount lang ng 5hundred ang offer nila kasi daw co brand. nag bluff ako na paputol na lang. ayun wala second tought putol na agad in return they doubled my citi shell gold credit limit. P398K credit limit how could i consume so much gas in month? hehe

HSBC Mabuhay silver nakakatawa, waive nila annual pero may condition, purchase ka muna certain amount for 1 month then saka nila reverse ang annual fees na P1200 and P600s for supplementary.

BPI gold MC, automatic waive and P2250 annual fees. free express credit, free e card, 1st suplemetary free for life. all cards share one credit limit. hehe.

My Dream JCB P800 madali waived.

Union Bank Gold (Free entrance sa manila club vip lounge) . kailangan lang may points, kahit konti i point waived na ang fees.

Unon Bank Omni Pass. never ko pa ginamit so wala anual ayaw naman nila putulin.

Metro Bank Visa silver P1200 waived . gusto nila gawin gold i decline mahal na annual hirap pa waived.

MetroBank M really free for life!

• 2 weeks later...

Bad trip tong BPI cc ko. Since business is not that good since last year pa eh I called last week to have my annual fees waived, sabi sa akin nung rep eh intayin ko muna yung statement then that's the time to call to request it. Nung dumating na yung statement eh denied raw yung request ko. Eh anong reason tanong ko? sabi ba naman eh "we are not allowed to divulge the reasons"?! huh. So nag reason out ako na it's my first time to ask for such and I have never been a delinquent customer of yours although hindi full payment bayad ko never akong na late sa pag bayad. Ayaw pa rin nila, so sabi ko "if that's the case I have no choice but to have this cancelled then" aba ayun biglang papa-escalate raw niya at papare-evaluate? If in case na denied talaga ako, di ko babayaran yung annual fee na pumasok since di na ko maga-avail ng services nila! Baka di ko na sila bayaran the worst since wala naman palang nakukulong sa ganyan! Re-"EVALUATE" my !@*

Edited by ChiliMac
Bad trip tong BPI cc ko. Since business is not that good since last year pa eh I called last week to have my annual fees waived, sabi sa akin nung rep eh intayin ko muna yung statement then that's the time to call to request it. Nung dumating na yung statement eh denied raw yung request ko. Eh anong reason tanong ko? sabi ba naman eh "we are not allowed to divulge the reasons"?! huh. So nag reason out ako na it's my first time to ask for such and I have never been a delinquent customer of yours although hindi full payment bayad ko never akong na late sa pag bayad. Ayaw pa rin nila, so sabi ko "if that's the case I have no choice but to have this cancelled then" aba ayun biglang papa-escalate raw niya at papare-evaluate? If in case na denied talaga ako, di ko babayaran yung annual fee na pumasok since di na ko maga-avail ng services nila! Baka di ko na sila bayaran the worst since wala naman palang nakukulong sa ganyan! Re-"EVALUATE" my !@*

Kahapon tumawag ako sa BPI, ayun pinayagan rin nila! Takutan lang pala labanan sa kanila dami nilang arte pinatagal pa nila. Kumikita naman sila sa finance charges dami nilang cheche bureche!

^^^yes, you should ask for the "supervisor"... last month i missed my due date, medyo palpak yung connection ko while im out of of the country so di ako nakabayad thru online.. i aksed for the reversal ng late charges and financial charges.. after 2 calls ni-reverse nila...

as far as citibank premier miles talagang pinutol nila.. hehe laki kasi ng annual 2.5K... tinaasan lang nila ang credit limit ng citi shell ko (more than half a million pesos na) akala ko double lang yun 199K... pero malamang cancel ko din pag dating ng annual kung di nila waive... P3K ang laki, mas malaki pa pala sa premier miles..tsk tsk..

For those being chased by collecting agents.. :zorro:

SUBSEC. X320.14 UNFAIR COLLECTION PRACTICES

Banks, subsidiary/affiliate credit card companies, collection agencies, counsels & other agents may resort to all reasonable & legally permissible means to collect amounts due them under the credit card agreement: Provided, That in the exercise of their rights & performance of duties, they must observe good faith & reasonable conduct & refrain from engaging in unscrupulous or untoward acts. Without limiting the general application of the foregoing, the following conduct is a violation of this Subsection:

a. the use or threat of violence or other criminal means to harm the physical person, regulation, or property of any person;

b. the use of obscenities, insults, or profane language which amount to a criminal act or offense under applicable laws;

c. disclosure of the names of credit cardholders who allegedly refuse to pay debts, except as allowed under Subsec.X320.9;

d. threat to take any action that cannot be legally taken;

e. communicating or threat to communicate to any person crdeit information

• 2 weeks later...

Ok lang credit cards as long as kaya mo imanage finances mo at malakas self control. Convenient din coz u dont have to carry cash plus me mga rewards din sila if you reach certain points. Just learn how to use it wisely and have lots of control when it comes to purchasing and there will be no problem.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

tanong lang,pag bumili ako ng gamit in the internet..gamit ang credit card ng ibang tao matatrace ba ako? especially kung foreigner siya?

Basically, you won't be traced. However, to use the card over the internet you'll need to provide private details: card number, number at the back, billing address. Here in the US, some use the last 4 digits of your social security number. So medyo mahirap gamitin ang ibang card unless all these information are available to the user.

And why would you use someone else's card. That's fraud. Unless spouse mo yung cardholder.

• 2 weeks later...

be careful with the introductory rate and the no interest. I forgot to pay the whole amount in 12 months.....they slammed me with the accrued 12 months of interests on the 13th month I paid... Partly my fault for not reading the fine prints carefully and forgetting the intro period altogether. There was no alarm sounding warning me that the next payment should be for the whole amount.