Are You From The 80s?

The best pa rin ang 80s .... especially the music............collecting records... LP ,45and extended versions, recording from cassette tapes. High school and college life............. Life was simple then.... few telephones and no cellphones... sulatan (mail) tayo mga friends... pag may lakad or usapan siguradong sisipot. (di gaya ngayon... di makapaghintay....ang txt or tawag).... etc etc

ibang iba metro manila nun. wala pa libis. wala pa eastwood. damuhan lang ang ortigas. damuhan pa banda sm north. late 80s na nagka sm north. damuhan pa talaga fairview nun.

two prominent buildings in ortigas back then were Meralco and Philcomcen. one can't miss them dahil parehong may communication tower sa rooftop. in the early 80s, the only bank between the stretch of commonwealth from philcoa to fairview was the family savings bank in don antonio which later became bpi family bank. and the only major commercial establishment in this area was glori's supermart at the corner of tandang sora. ang FEU campus sa likod ng don antonio bagong bukas lang. panay pa nga rally/protesta ng mga students sa morayta for the transfer.

Mobile Disco

New wave

Bagets

Graffittis

Yellow ribbon, T-shirt, dress, Mellow Yellow

POLO T shirt - Orig or fake.

Sperry, Docksides, Timberland

Chinos

Princess Diana

Doña Buding

Body language, Gigolo, Strut, Poplock, Break dancing

Atari

Game and Watch

for 80"s wrestlemania fans out there....

WrestleMania

March 31, 1985 in New York City, NY

Tito Santana beat The Executioner (Buddy Rose) via submission.

King Kong Bundy pinned SD Jones.

Ricky Steamboat pinned Matt Borne.

Brutus Beefcake DCO David Sammartino.

Junkyard Dog beat WWF I-C Champ Greg Valentine via countout.

Nikolai Volkoff & Iron Sheik beat Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda to win the WWF Tag Title when Volkoff pinned Windham.

Andre the Giant beat John Studd in a "bodyslam" match. If Andre lost he would retire. If Studd lost, he would give Andre $15,000.

Wendi Richter (managed by Cyndi Lauper) pinned Lelani Kai to win the WWF Women's Title.

Hulk Hogan & Mr. T beat Paul Orndorff & Roddy Piper when Hogan pinned Orndorff. Muhammad Ali was the special outside referee

Speaking of Malate nighlife in the 80s, I miss drinking Foster Beer at THE AUSTRALIAN CLUB along Ermita where the music system is just great and so were the go-go babes dancing to the beat of of Billy Idol's "White Wedding Gown".

And then we would troupe to CLUB DOMDOM which boasted of the best looking and saucy babes located right across Cafe Adriatico. Closing time at the Club, I'd pick my babe up and have early morning breakfast of Tapsilog at a nearby make-shift eatery before we call it a day.

A thousand bucks in Malate for a single night during the 80s will bring you a loooong way! :cool:

Edited by Mandrake

I remember going to Larry's Bar sa Makati almost every night after work to unwind with friends.

Rhythm n' Booze on Makati Avenue was also a favorite hangout.

My favorite bands from the 80s:

1) Tears For Fears

2) Duran Duran

3) The Cure

Popular Cars of the 80s:

1) Mitsubishi Lancer (Box type from the early 80s)

2) Toyota Corolla Liftback

3) Mitsubishi Pajero

Edited by willow_boy

Whoever drove the TOYOTA LIFTBACK then was poging-pogi. I remember my Dad bought a slightly used unit for a give-away price of only P70,000. Miss those times when car prices were

really down.

The early 80s also were the heydays of the lunchtime shows in Lambat, QC and 5-star hotels in Makati. I remember seeing Alma Moreno for the first time in Lambat before she made it big in the movies.

two prominent buildings in ortigas back then were Meralco and Philcomcen.  one can't miss them dahil parehong may communication tower sa rooftop.

Towards the late 80s, I was working already. I was in sales. Minsan, after lunch, parada muna kami sa ilalim ng puno in the Ortigas Area. Tulog muna. Ortigas then had very few buildings and not anywhere as crowded as it is today. Wala pang Megamall... That area where Mega A is, there used to be a Caltex gas station. Minsan, on a date, tumirik yung kotse ko. I left it there and parked it overnight. Came back for it the next morning.... That tells you that the peace and order situation then was much much better than today.

Munsingwear, Sergio Tacchini, ellesee, Fila Bjorn Borg t-shirts. Addidas and Puma sneakers made you really sikat, although Nike was starting to make a name then when it introduced the waffle shoe. Remember pelota? I used to be a hot player then. Wore short shorts together with dragon brand rubber shoes as they were the lightest on the market, parang tsinelas.

Tennis was also uso then badminton was just a game played by kids in the kalye. Who can forget the Jimmy Connors - Bjorn Borg - Ilie Nastase - John MacEnroe matchups? And didn't everyone think Jimmy Connors and Chrissy Everts made a fine pair?

Munsingwear, Sergio Tacchini, ellesee, Fila Bjorn Borg t-shirts. Addidas and Puma sneakers made you really sikat, although Nike was starting to make a name then when it introduced the waffle shoe. Remember pelota? I used to be a hot player then. Wore short shorts together with dragon brand rubber shoes as they were the lightest on the market, parang tsinelas.

i had the pleasure of wearing these in-shirts of the 80s as well which included a few La Coste striped shirts I treasured so much that I personally washed and ironed carefully myself.

In the late 80s, I used to love wearing those pencil-cut maong jeans with colored back pockets and white K-Swiss tennis shoes.

One of the things I did not like about the 80s was that na-uso iyong pag-lagay ng softdrinks (the ones you bought from sidewalk vendors or sari-sari stores) sa plastic na supot. This was probably bad for everyone's health, most especially the kids. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by willow_boy

my discovery of new music....

NU1o5 :-)

Musikland in alimall

joey ayala's concert

the dawn!...teddy's death :-(

fra lippo lippi's love songs :heart:

Everytime I See You

Life it seems, slips away

Just like any dream

All I want is all I need

Still I ask for more

Say, say why is it so

Wait, wait don't let me know

Everytime I see you

My life turns upside down

Everytime I see you I know

Love it seems, slips away

Just like any dream

I failed to see this memory

Means so much to me

Say, say why is it so

Wait, wait don't let me know

Everytime I see you

Tried so hard to find out

How to make you come back

But even if I told you

I can't hold you again

Everytime I see you

I tried so hard to find out

How to make you come back

But even if I told you

I can't hold you again

Everytime I see you

Everytime I see you I know.

...and love seat in the motels

hahaha :P

WrestleMania II

"What the World is Coming To"

April 7, 1986

1. Don Muraco DCO Paul Orndorff (4:10).

2. WWF I-C Champ Randy Savage pinned George Steele (5:10).

3. Jake Roberts pinned George Wells (3:15).

4. Mr. T (managed by Joe Frazier) beat Roddy Piper (managed by Lou Duva) (1:15 - 4th) in

a "boxing" match. Cab Calloway, Darryl Dawkins, and G. Gordon Liddy were the judges.

5. WWF Women's Champ Fabulous Moolah pinned Velvet McIntyre (1:25).

6. Cpl Kirschner pinned Nikolai Volkoff (2:05) in a "flag" match.

7. The British Bulldogs (seconded by Ozzy Osbourne) beat Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake (13:03)

to win the WWF Tag Title when Smith pinned Valentine.

8. Andre the Giant won a "battle royal" which included both wrestlers and NFL players. The other

wrestlers were: Ted Arcidi, Tony Atlas, Brian Blair, Jim Brunzell, Bret Hart, Hillbilly Jim, Iron Sheik,

King Tonga, Pedro Morales, Jim Niedhart, Bruno Sammartino, Danny Spivey, & John Studd. The NFL

players were: Jimbo Covert, Bill Fralic, Russ Francis, Ernie Holmes, Harvey Martin, & William Perry.

Dick Butkus and Ed "Too Tall" Jones were the special referees.

9. Ricky Steamboat pinned Hercules Hernandez.

10. Adrian Adonis pinned Uncle Elmer.

11. Terry & Dory Funk beat Junkyard Dog & Tito Santana (13:00) when Terry pinned JYD.

12. WWF World Champ Hulk Hogan beat King Kong Bundy (11:00) in a "steel cage" match. Robert

Conrad was the special referee.