$uddenly $ingle : Feeling Lonely Or Free Again?

some who are single or alone are not at all lonely.... they are the kind of people who in as much as they enjoy being with someone or other people can also be happy being alone.... i guess it has something to do with personality...

ya that's true and at least your in control of the situation....

it's hard when your wife is away

a person you make love 2 night and day

you hug her pillow to smell her scent

and think of something quite indecent

a woman who was your last sway

you run your hand on her lingerie

gently as if it's a glass menagerie

your look yonder to the bay

hoping she comes home soon

and says i don't have my undies on

I try to maintain a happy demeanor, but deep inside I know I'm still not ok with not being with him. These days no matter how I seem to enjoy myself, or how hard I laugh, it just doesn't quite reach my eyes.

I'm free, I go out a lot these days. As he said, we are not accountable to each other anymore. But it really doesn't equate to being happy.

Thank God for friends.

Hehe, nag-senti na naman ako :blush:

it's kinda hard for me kasi i'm used to having that someone around...now that she's gone...i don't know exactly what to do with freedom, i'm totally lost :cry: most of us just try to mask our sadness of not wanting to be alone by being quite the player...and take pride in giving false meaning to this so called freedom...i'm feel more free when i'm with her...but then again, i realized that a little too late...*masyado ba akong seryoso?* :boo:

Guest Tease2

I've been unattached for over a year now.

I broke up with my ex after a terrible argument. He drank like no man I've ever met. But he was -- and probably still is -- one of the best young writers around.

He was hard at work on what what I thought would be an incredible book. One evening, in a drunken rage, he smashed our PC into bits with a chair. He then proceeded to burn the printed manuscript I had meticulously edited for him.

To this day, I have no idea what drove him to do that.

He had been in vicious brawls and scrapes all his life. He passed out drunk in front of my family and friends many times. I stayed with him. When he insisted upon drinking the day the doctor told him his liver was about to conk out, I stayed with him. But when he destroyed that book, that spectacular unborn epic in his mind, I think he killed all the good that was left in him. I packed my bags and went straight out the door.

I didn't think I would survive. The first few months were awful. I would wake up at night looking for him. I cried every night. I even refused to have the sheets washed because I could still smell him there. Those were some of the worst days I've ever had to live through.

But I came out of it fine and, incredibly enough, I'm now happy again.

The sense of freedom does not come at once. But it does come, if you hang in there long enough.

I surely agree with you Tease2.

Getting over the pain is not an easy thing to do.

I felt that same pain as you did, maybe not the same level but I was dying in pain when I broke up with my bf before I met this guy that I am with now. My world crushed, because I love him so very much, as in he's the kind of a man I ever dreamed of, but in every dream there is the awakening part.

We parted not because we don't love each other anymore, not even we had a fight suprisingly, I let him go because I know he won't be completely happy with me because I can't really have him. He loves me but he loves somebody elses more than he loves me. Ang sakit nun! I thought, I would literally die in pain, at that time, siya na iyong akala kong masarap magmahal.

For quite sometime I was alone, felt so empty. It was nice because I can go anywhere without being asked of a lot of questions but I really feel so alone and longing for his hugs and kisses, but I let it pass, I don't want a rebound relationship. I want to get up on my own.

And true enough, The rain in my life has stopped. I found a guy who dearly loves me more than I love him. Who is sensitive to my needs and longings, who is always there when I need to be hugged or just to be affirmed. Afterall, there is a prize to all those tears. :)

Hi peeps, just need your view points is being $ingle again means your gonna be Lonely or Freedom :*

being single is

freedom.........

coz you dont have to consider anybody

in everything that you will do

lonely..........

hindi ... coz u stil have ur frends, family, hu loves you more. You can be happy even without a boyfrend,

without depending to other people for your happiness.

its just a matter of acceptance and yung priority :wub:

I guess I'm always single, I don't know maybe it's some quirk of fate but I almost always find myself single 'again'. But being single is not bad, having experienced pain is not bad at all.... anyways here's a poem for all you guys who are suddenly single again...

How does one forget....

the sweet smell of her breath,

the soft touch of her fingers,

the dark pools of her eyes,

the sweet smile she has

when we wake up in the morning....

How does one forget....

the memories of her scent

the long talks in the evenings

the feel of her hand on mine,

the long walks,

the long wait whenshe's shopping...

How does one forget...

the sweet kisses

the passionate hugs

the rapture of joining

the bliss of being....

One can not, nay one dares not

But life goes on, it does, it will

and memories are in the past

to teach to learn from

one learns, and one will try again

but the memories will stay

in one's past, aye, a soon distant past.....

Edited by KAPRE33
  • 2 weeks later...
I try to maintain a happy demeanor, but deep inside I know I'm still not ok with not being with him. These days no matter how I seem to enjoy myself, or how hard I laugh, it just doesn't quite reach my eyes.

I'm free, I go out a lot these days. As he said, we are not accountable to each other anymore. But it really doesn't equate to being happy.

Thank God for friends.

Hehe, nag-senti na naman ako :blush:

well we share same sentiments sis, i feel that also....

some who are single or alone are not at all lonely.... they are the kind of people who in as much as they enjoy being with someone or other people can also be happy being alone.... i guess it has something to do with personality...

yes your right about that it depends on the personality of the person, some people tends to enjoy singlehood because they are free from anything.

• 11 months later...
I've been unattached for over a year now.

I broke up with my ex after a terrible argument. He drank like no man I've ever met. But he was -- and probably still is -- one of the best young writers around.

He was hard at work on what what I thought would be an incredible book. One evening, in a drunken rage, he smashed our PC into bits with a chair. He then proceeded to burn the printed manuscript I had meticulously edited for him.

To this day, I have no idea what drove him to do that.

He had been in vicious brawls and scrapes all his life. He passed out drunk in front of my family and friends many times. I stayed with him. When he insisted upon drinking the day the doctor told him his liver was about to conk out, I stayed with him. But when he destroyed that book, that spectacular unborn epic in his mind, I think he killed all the good that was left in him. I packed my bags and went straight out the door.

I didn't think I would survive. The first few months were awful. I would wake up at night looking for him. I cried every night. I even refused to have the sheets washed because I could still smell him there. Those were some of the worst days I've ever had to live through.

But I came out of it fine and, incredibly enough, I'm now happy again.

The sense of freedom does not come at once. But it does come, if you hang in there long enough.

im glad that you we're able to surpass the dilema that happen, that's the fighting spirit.

being single is

freedom.........

coz you dont have to consider anybody

in everything that you will do

lonely..........

hindi ... coz u stil have ur frends, family, hu loves you more. You can be happy even without a boyfrend,

without depending to other people for your happiness.

its just a matter of acceptance and yung priority :wub:

i agree with you girl, you have a good point there!!!

Guest cool_k@reem

after a relationship talagang pagdadaanan mo pagiging lonely minsan....but you still have your friends para makalimutan mo yun diba?

being free siguro means free to reflect on yourself...tanong mo sa sarile mo kung ready kana ba for another relationship...

:)