$uddenly $ingle : Feeling Lonely Or Free Again?

It's a case to case basis, it's not how long you had a relationship but the time that you spent together & maybe that's one of the reason's why people become lonely after being single again, co'z they tend to reminisce the things they used to do, places where they've been to. But come to think of it your just prolonging your agony in memory of the person you used to love. Try to move on & enjoy things that you miss when your still in a relationship. Places, persons, time & emotions can always be a part of memory which cannot be erased.

Being free is another thing or maybe letting go of your present relationship is an advantage because if you came from a long, suffocating relationship, if the person is trying to control your life, trying to change your personality, dictating things that you need to do is definitely a nightmare. Being free from all the trauma, problems & heartaches is really worth of being single again.

But being Single again doesn't mean that you can do what ever things you want, because you can't do those things when you are still in a relationship. That you will enjoy fooling around or getting as many sex as you can because your not committed to anybody. remember that we are always responsible in any acts that we made.

The fulfillment of our personality, plans & goals will not always depend on our love one, it's us who dictates what will happen to our life.

Through the years, I have learned not to put my happiness in the hands of another person. I know now that happiness is a choice - a choice that is mine to make.

I can be in a relationship and be perfectly miserable. I can be by myself and be perfectly blissful. The inverse could be true as well... it all depends on me.

Being alone is not a curse. I see it as another step in one's journey to find oneself. Time spent alone should be seen as a badge of courage. An achievement, so to speak. For it is the person who truly likes and love himself or herself that will be truly likable and lovable in the eyes of other people.

;)

3 months after i broke up with my 1st bf of 8yrs, nagkaroon na kaagad ako ng new bf. and i felt na i am most happy with the new one. pero since the relationship is complicated my 2nd bf and i broke up. i am okey with being single right now. i am free to do whatever I want. If I need a hug naman, I have friends. If I need love naman I have my family. If I need sex naman, again, I have friends. :D :D

I will think of having bf again perhaps nextyear or when I start to feel fed up with being single which I believe will be a long time from now. :D

Guest BDC0425

very very l0nely.... kase sudden nga e d ba? i was sh0cked when she t0ld me na ayaw na niya sa akin!!! ang sakit nun!!! kaya nga I have been begging her t0 give me an0ther chance.... anyway thats an0ther st0ry.....

:mtc: :mtc: :mtc: :mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

• 2 weeks later...

The very first thing about being single is the joy to be able to do things without "asking" for permission.

The next would be those times when you just turn to ask your significant other about their opinion on a subject and then realize ... they are no longer there.

• 2 months later...

What? Im suddenly single?

Wow, am I still in a state of denial? Of course not! Hehe :P

I just ended a year-long bittersweet relationship... There are still times that I get lonely when I think about the good times that we had. (boy, were there plenty! :) )

But at the same time, Im also enjoying my freedom. Im rekindling relationships with friends I have neglected for the past year. Im thinking of starting a new hobby. In short, Im having a blast!

Being single is fun after all.... :) :)

well im turning 24 this oct....3 years n kaming break ng x bf ko....2 years kaming okey....pero up to now eto never akong na involved sa kahit anong relationship....2 years is only 2 years, yet sa 2 years na yun pakiramdam ko nun lang ako nagng super happy or i must say that the happiest days of my life ay kasama ko sya...am i lonely?? naka move on na ako...but i missed all those happy memories i wished pwede ulit iyong mangyari......yes im lonely :sick:

being "suddenly single" was really pain in the a$$

it was like dying a thousand and countless death..esp if u didnt see it coming

and if u're still very much in love with that person..

one will definitely feel lonely for the suddent change of status hehehe

( like what happened to me in the past evendo i can sense its coming.. the pain was still the same )

but as what they always said and tested by experience

TIME heal all wounds.. healing process take over esp if u welcome it

and the feeling of loneliness and hapiness varies.. its subjective

in my case.. i dont want to depend my happiness or joy on a single person or material things..

coz both sure don't last forever.. they will always change

on the other note

if one dont want that person in ones life anymore..

it will be a grand feast being free at last .. no need for healing process

well, i felt so lonely at first when my girl dumped me for a very stupid and shallow reason. but after a 2 days, i started to realize that being single has a lot of good things to offer.. more time for myself, my family, my friends, more time to do things i want and enjoy doing such as working out, sports, etc. tipid rin kasi no more dates, no more gifts/presents to buy... i can spend my hard earned cash for things i need such as my supplements, clothes, etc... i can be kikoy again.. hahaha!

• 3 weeks later...

Pros:

There's no one to tell you how to spend your money...

There's no one else TO spend your money without telling you...

There's no one there to complain because you didn't have time to clean up after them...

There's no one to mess up what you just spent three hours cleaning...

If you want to stay up late... no biggie... you won't be missed in bed anyway...

If you want to get up early, you don't have to worry about waking anyone up...

If you don't feel like eating a real dinner, you can just pop a bag of popcorn without any complaints...

There's no obligations to go to silly gatherings of the "in laws" and socialize with people you have nothing in common with...

Just to name a few things.

Cons:

You are alone. ganun pa rin...sigh... :(

• 4 weeks later...