WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

SMACKDOWN! TAPING RESULTS 11/16/07

The following took place on Tuesday in Wichita, KS:

WWE Friday Night Smackdown Tapings for November 16:

- Jeff Hardy defeated Finlay via DQ.

- John Morrison & The Miz defeated Matt Hardy & MVP to become the NEW WWE Tag Team Champions. After the match, MVP requested an instant rematch and Hardy and MVP lost again. MVP then attacked Matt Hardy and slammed his knee into the steel steps.

- The Undertaker cut a promo about Survivor Series this Sunday.

- Rey Mysterio defeated Mr. Kennedy.

- WWE Women's Champion Beth Phoenix & Victoria defeated Mickie James & Torrie Wilson.

- They did an official weigh in for Hornswoggle vs. The Great Khali this Sunday at Survivor Series. Hornswoggle weighed in at 138 pounds. Khali broke the scale when he tried to weigh in. Hornswoggle started crying.

- World Heavyweight Champion Batista defeated Mark Henry.

Edited by psyc0dud3

JBL / MORRISON CONFRONTATION

*At last night's Smackdown/ECW taping, there was a physical altercation with JBL and John Morrison. Following the tapings JBL huddled CM Punk, Matt Hardy, MVP, John Morrison, and The Miz in a corner backstage at the arena. What JBL proceeded to do was rip apart Miz and Morrison for their job on commentary and in the ring on Smackdown against Hardy and MVP. JBL said that their commentary did nothing to benefit Punk or themselves, and that their ring work in their tag title victory over Hardy and MVP made Hardy and MVP look bad. He asked them to apologize to the other three. Miz was fine with it, apologized, and moved on. Morrison however got in JBL's face and told him it was none of JBL's business. He then apologized, and told JBL it had nothing to do with him. After the two went back and forth verbally some more, Morrison actually shoved JBL down, and the two began fighting. Johnny Ace and some people near by had to come break it up. No word on the fallout of this as of yet.

-PWInsider.com

do you think Booker T's decision to sign in with TNA wise decision or career move? Booker T was a 5 time WCW champion & when WCW was disbanded & eventually bought by Vince Mac Mahon Booker was absorbed by the WWE. he was initilally in RAW rsoter & following yr on draft lottery her was drafted to the Smackdown & shows resentment because he thinks that RAW is better than Smackdown. He won the King of the Ring tournament & his monicker was changed to King Booker. now he was suspended by the WWE for drug related case. he maybe does not like the decision that is why he transfered to rival TNA, right move? how about suspended Chris Masters & Snitsky, will they follow Booker T?

do you think Booker T's decision to sign in with TNA wise decision or career move? Booker T was a 5 time WCW champion & when WCW was disbanded & eventually bought by Vince Mac Mahon Booker was absorbed by the WWE. he was initilally in RAW rsoter & following yr on draft lottery her was drafted to the Smackdown & shows resentment because he thinks that RAW is better than Smackdown. He won the King of the Ring tournament & his monicker was changed to King Booker. now he was suspended by the WWE for drug related case. he maybe does not like the decision that is why he transfered to rival TNA, right move? how about suspended Chris Masters & Snitsky, will they follow Booker T?

Chris Masters was already released by WWE kaya malamang lilipat siya pag binigyan ng offer ng TNA kasi wala na siya trabaho.

..got this from karaski of myPBA:

Y2J will return next week on RAW!..

From lordsofpain.net

"As many of you all know, the latest Save_Us video aired on Raw last night and practically outright said Chris Jericho was debuting next week. It said 6_DAYS, 23 HOURS, AND 33 MINUTES - which aired at 9:55 p.m., meaning he's scheduled to show up 27 minutes short of a full 24 hours from that moment, which would mean 9:28 p.m. next Monday night."

http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/c/chrisjericho/gallery/photoscans/1/gallery1/01.jpg

As far as I know, this is the third time Masters got suspended. Two were announced to the public. So, I guess it's three strikes you're out as per new wellness policies.

supposedly 3 strikes but you know vince, and then:

Chris Mordetzky (formerly Chris Masters) was a guest on the November 15th edition of The Shoot. He came on after JJ Dillon at about 30 mins into the show. He was welcomed by Hosts Gary Cantrell and Justin Bailey and they jumped right into his suspension turned to release. He confirmed being one of the 12 wrestlers suspended from the Signature Pharmacy scandal. Said that he spent the 30 days getting healthier and ready to come back to action. He said when he came back, he was tested again 3 other times in a matter of a week and a half. One out of the 3 he tested positive for a substance not allowed with the Wellness Policy, he said he was very surprised by this. He got the call from John Laurinatis saying that he was gone for 60 days. Chris brought up the CNN special and how alot of heat was being placed on Vince. He said he had a strange feeling he might get another call and be released. He stated that the very next day he got a call from Laurinatis stating that he was being released from WWE.

MORE NEWS ON FLAIR 11/16/07

- Ric Flair has done an interview with SkySports.com talking about a number of things. Here are some of the highlights. Check out the full interview at the Sky Sports website.

skysports.com: Hi Ric, welcome to skysports.com. You've been off our television screens for a couple of months now. When will we expect to see you return to the WWE and what have you been up to during this hiatus?

Ric Flair: I would expect to be back in a couple of weeks but I don't have a starting date yet. I actually have been working on my new company ricflairfinance.com and spending a lot of quality time with my wife and enjoying the time off.

skysports.com: With John "Bradshaw" Layfield being a financial expert did you ask him for any advice?

Ric Flair: I actually asked him for a lot of advice initially. He gave me some good advice.

skysports.com: Talking of legends, it is really a matter of rather when, than if, you will be inducted into the "WWE Hall of Fame". Have you been told about any possibility of being inducted next year at Wrestlemania 24 in Orlando, Florida?

Ric Flair: I've heard talk of it but nothing has been confirmed. But if the WWE think it is the right time I would certainly be very obliged and proud to be in that position. My problem is I take it too serious. And when it happens it will be a very real moment for me. It will be something I will cherish and my family will cherish forever.

skysports.com: Who would you want to induct into the "Hall of Fame"?

Ric Flair: It's funny you ask me that, I'm not sure right now but if I had an answer now it would be Triple H.

EDGE SPEAKS ON RETURN

- Edge has done a new interview with Marvel.com talking about comics, super heros and his upcoming return to WWE. Here are some of the highlights:

Marvel.com: How much time passed between your injury and the surgery?

Edge: I got the surgery a week and a half after, because you only have a certain window but I had to go relinquish the title. I [got hurt] in New Orleans [on a Tuesday], flew to Birmingham [Alabama] and got diagnosed, but Dr. Andrews only did surgeries on Tuesdays and Thursdays—and it was Wednesday. So I had to fly back out to TV [the next Tuesday] to relinquish the title and then get the surgery on Thursday after that. I finally got it done and was told I'd be out four to six months. We're coming up to four months and should be good to go.

Marvel.com: Let's wind down with a little wrestling talk. You're set to come back at Survivor Series later this month?

Edge: We're trying to gauge it. I just started back in the ring down here in our farm system in Florida and that will show how well I hold up. We'll see. But I'm on the promotional poster [for Survivor Series], so I'm guessing I'll be there in some form.

Marvel.com: Yeah, we were checking out the poster earlier today.

Edge: They're doing their best to make me look like Fabio on it. [Laughs] That look on my face is, "Why is the wind blowing on me?" [Laughs]

Marvel.com: Would you liken your impending return to a super hero rising from the grave?

Edge: Yeah! When was out with my neck injury [in 2003] it was more of a question of "Will he come back?" This one was more on my own terms and people don't know when I'll be back or where I'll strike. I like that.

Marvel.com: Who's on your hit list when you get back?

Edge: Undertaker. Batista. Rey Mysterio.

Marvel.com: Final question: will we see a new kind of Edge when you come back?

Edge: I don't know. I don't know if you'd want to at this point, not too different, not too far off, because it was working so well. It's one of those deals where if it's not broke, you don't wanna fix it too much. When it needed revamping, the people told me—well, the people weren't telling me this time. I'll be along the same path as what I was doing, but I'll always get more evil if I can.