WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

Cena had high ratings? Well, how about the one month Edge was the 'transition' champ for one month? Weren't those the four highest rated episodes in recent history?

Speaking of Edge, what did he do in Survivor Series? Didn't bother watching the weekend run. :lol:

Snitzky v H. Consider Snitzky squashed. :lol:

What's with the Hardys and injury? :lol:

Orton vs Jericho. That's something I haven't seen.

At least Ric Flair now knows how it feels to be riding to the sunset and getting screwed... or ignored. Happened to the best of them.

-----

For those asking, Brutus, if I'm correct, has a "Where are they now" page in wwe.com

He has a MySpace account and is doing well.

for me, raw rules storyline wise; since it's considered by the wwe as the 'a' show, i think more effort goes into the planning and the set up of feuds. however, one drawback is the saturation of high caliber superstars that spell doom for midcarders and jobbers. for in-ring action, smackdown has more to offer but the wwe has so far squandered the roster's potential (ex., the high flying cruiserweights). it's a good thing stars like the undertaker and batista are able and willing to carry the brand (or is it because the show and the storylines are structured around them?). for ecw, their storylines are wanting in several departments, but the stars of the show definitely have potential if used properly; keyword, "if."

y2j's second coming was indeed exhilarating, too bad the crowd wasn't as hot and as accommodating as expected. hope to see a good program with orton. as for the latter, is it just me or is he booked to be a lameduck champion? compared to cena's run marked by victories over impossible odds through seemingly impossible feats of strength, orton seems to be in need of some credibility as champion. i have nothing against one of dx's founder hbk, but him kicking orton's ass (or chin, for that matter) for several straight weeks has somewhat diminished orton's status as champion. i know he's no cena and i'm not actually a fan of orton (have been and always will be an HHH fan), but as a viewer i can't help but notice the difference as to how he is being treated compared to cena. just my two cents.

WWE NEWS

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Paul "Big Show" Wight was backstage at the Survivor Series pay-per-view in Miami, FL visiting friends in the company. Show is said to be in far better shape than he'd ever been during his time in WWE, and the best shape since his early days in WCW. He was telling people that he has got his weight down to 420 pounds.

As of late, Wight has been training to be a professional boxer, but he hasn't had his first match yet and it's unknown if he ever will.

- Regarding the WWE Hall of Fame this coming year, Vince McMahon always has the final say on who does and doesn't get inducted, but the committee working with Vince consists of WWE TV producer Kevin Dunn, Stephanie McMahon and Johnny Ace.

The current plan calls for Ric Flair to be the star attraction at the upcoming ceremony in Florida during WM 24 weekend.

ELIMINATION CHAMBER

Source: Wrestling Observer

- The Elimination Chamber match is being brought back for the WWE No Way Out pay-per-view in February.

The storyline going into WrestleMania 24 is that the winner of the Royal Rumble in January will get to decide the champion he wants to face at WrestleMania. Then, the champion who isn't chose will have the Superstars from his brand go into an Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out. The winner of the Chamber match will get the other available title shot at WrestleMania 24.

:thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

Matt Hardy Speaks Out

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Matt Hardy posted the following blog on his MySpace page regarding his recent health issues:

I AM STILL ALIVE

As most of you know, I experienced a ruptured appendix which released toxins that internally poisoned me on Tuesday. After being in excruciating pain for nearly 24 hours, I went under the knife late Tuesday night and had my appendix removed. For the last four days, I've been virtually bed-ridden in Tampa General Hospital. For those four days, I've been having my body intravenously pumped and flushed with powerful antibiotics to k*ll the infections within my abdomen caused by the toxins. It wasn't exactly the way I planned on spending Thanksgiving of 07--away from home, away from my family, and in torturous pain. But it was a good Thanksgiving nonetheless-because I'm very thankful I'm still alive. I've got alot left to do in this life, and I wanna thank God for continuing to give me that opportunity. I'll speak on all this in greater length later, but I need my sleep now... Thank you guys-for all your support and get well soon wishes, they mean alot...

Matt

Mr Kennedy's Push

Now that he's been placed into a feud with Shawn Michaels, does this mean that WWE has faith in him again to push him to the main event?

Missed Opportunity

Earlier in the year, Mr Kennedy missed a great opportunity to be pushed to the main event scene on Raw.

He was originally scheduled to be revealed as Vince McMahon's illegitimate son in the storylines. It was a storyline that was intended to help elevate Mr Kennedy straight into the brand's main event. There were also talks of having him eventually being placed into a high profile feud with Triple H resulting in a match at Wrestlemania.

However, all of that went out the window when a federal drug probe revelaed that Mr Kennedy had violated the WWE drug testing program by purchasing drugs from an online pharmacy.

The "illegitimate son" storyline was then changed. The writers opted to go the comedic route by having Hornswoggle be revealed as Vince McMahon's son.

Just like that Mr Kennedy's push came to an abrupt halt. He no longer was headed towards the main event. Instead, he was sent back down the midcard without a meaningful storyline to work with.

To make matters worse, when Mr Kennedy was paired up with then WWE Heavyweight Champion John Cena in the main event of Monday Night Raw, he ended up severely injuring the champion with a botched move.

Back on Track

By being placed into a feud with Shawn Michaels, it looks like Mr Kennedy is back on track. His performance in this feud should help management decide on whether or not to start pushing him back towards the main event.

With Shawn Michaels coming off of a feud with WWE Heavyweight Championship Randy Orton on the losing end, fans should expect to see him winning this feud to bring his credibility back up again. It's hard to imagine him losing two straight feuds in a row.

Mr Kennedy can still be elevated without winning the feud, though. Being involved in a high profile feud with someone that's fresh from the main event can do wonders for the credibility of a midcarder. At the very least, it beats him being involved in a last minute 6 man tag team match at a pay per view with Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch.

Another thing that Shawn Michaels can provide Mr Kennedy is the chance at having a very good match at a pay per view. Despite being past his prime, Shawn Michaels is still more than capable of carrying wrestlers to good matches. Mr Kennedy is far from being a great in-ring performer, but he's solid enough to be carried to a very good match by Shawn Michaels.

After proving himself in a feud with Shawn Michaels, Mr Kennedy should be more than ready to be placed into a feud with the returning Bobby Lashley. A feud with him would be good since it would stay true to the storyline where Mr Kennedy injured Bobby Lashley. It would also keep Mr Kennedy in a high profile spot.

Former WWE star Sabu was scheduled to make his TNA return a few weeks back.

The original plan by TNA was to have Sabu make his surprise return by saving Abyss from an attack by Black Reign and Rellik. However, Sabu missed his flight, so TNA had to make a last minute change. They decided to utilize Rhino in that role instead.

Obviously, TNA management isn’t pleased with Sabu at the moment, but his return can’t be completely ruled out.

Bret Hart has shifted the blame for the Montreal Screw Job over to Triple H.

In years past, Bret Hart had placed the majority of the blame for the incident on Vince McMahon and Shawn Michaels. However, in recent months, Bret Hart has been placing the blame on Triple H.

If it’s true that Triple H played a huge part in the screw job, then that would definitely explain why Bret Hart’s ex wife confronted him in the locker room immediately after the incident.

Also, it wasn’t that long ago that Triple H took shots at Bret Hart on an article on WWE.com.

Balls Mahoney and his girlfriend welcomed a new baby boy into the family on Thanksgiving day.

The baby’s name is Christopher, and he weighed in at 9 pounds.

Balls Mahoney hasn’t been on TV recently, so this may explain his absence. He does still have a storyline with the Miz and Kelly Kelly that needs to be completed, so expect to see him back on TV soon.

The Elimination Chamber is being brought back at the No Way Out pay per view in February.

Not only is it being brought back, but it’s also going to be used to help decide a challenger for one of the three main titles at Wrestlemania.

After the winner of the Royal Rumble chooses which title he will challenge, the remaining two brands will send 3 wrestlers each into the Elimination Chamber. Winner of the match gets a title shot at Wrestlemania.

In a rather shocking move, CM Punk has taken over the top spot on the WWE Power 25 for the first time ever.

It’s a bit shocking because a lot of critics have noted that management hasn’t done enough to make his title reign meaningful. He’s still putting on quality matches, and he still does well on the mic. It’s just that there hasn’t been a great storyline or opponent for him to overcome.

Nonetheless, it’s great to see a good worker like CM Punk finally getting his dues.

Peeps i don't know if this is the right place to do it, but here it goes. In case anyone's interested, I am selling WWE and wrestling-related VCD's and DVD's. Titles range from PPV's to documentaries produced and released independently or by the WWE. PM or e-mail me for details and lists of titles available. Thanks a lot. :)

did anybody watch yung ep. ng TNA bound for glory last sunday? yung laban ni Kurt Angle n Sting? pag kuha ng baseball bat ni Angle tapos pinalo nya c Sting dpat ma grab yata ni Sting yung bat kay Angle pero tumama pa din sa chest ni Sting pero yung commentator tuloy pa in na napigil daw ni Sting yung palo ni Angle hehehe wala lang natawa lang...

Ric Flair recently signed a new 3 year deal with WWE.

On Monday night, Ric Flair talked about never retiring. He stated that he’ll keep wrestling until he’s dead in the ring. The big storyline that he’s involved in is supposed to end at Wrestlemania, but he could continue wrestling after that.

Also, if he’s unable to wrestle for the entire three years, we’re sure that WWE could use him as an on-screen character.

Ric Flair Returns to Raw

After hearing about it for weeks, the legendary Ric Flair finally makes his return to Monday Night Raw and begins what should be the final storyline of his career.

Taking a Break

Ric Flair basically took a break from WWE a few months back because he was unhappy with the way things were.

First, he was unhappy that management was moving him away from the Raw brand. He has nothing against the Smackdown brand. Ric Flair just prefers to be on the Raw brand.

Then, when he was moved over to the Smackdown brand during the 2007 WWE Draft Lottery, the writers ended up not really using him. Smackdown head writer Michael Hayes was a big supporter of bringing Ric Flair over because of his valuable mic skills. However, once he was there, he hardly was involved in anything meaningful besides a weak reunion with former Evolution stable mate, Batista.

So, he walked away.

In a couple of interviews afterwards, Ric Flair basically said all of the right things. He basically informed the fans that he was trying to negotiate a storyline with WWE to bring him back. He made a few minor comments, but he stayed true to his old school roots and refused to give out dirt to the internet wrestling community.

Well, based on the fact that he returned to Raw in a prominent role last night, both sides have come to an agreement and all is well again.

The Final Run

It looks as if WWE decided to listen to Stone Cold Steve Austin. A few months back, he contacted WWE and gave them a brilliant idea on how to have Ric Flair finish off his career.

His idea was to have Ric Flair fighting to save his job each and every week. Last night, Vince McMahon announced that Ric Flair would be forced to retire if he were to lose any of his upcoming matches. With that storyline, the writers basically have so many options they can go with.

Chances are, Ric Flair is going to remain undefeated until Wrestlemania. It is believed that he will lose a big match at Wrestlemania and retire. That idea could work, but if the writers wanted to swerve the fans, then they can have Ric Flair choosing to retire on his own after winning the match at Wrestlemania.

Of course, there's still a long time to go before Wrestlemania. Management can listen to Steve Austin and have Ric Flair wrestling on all three brands. He'd have plenty of challengers on each show trying to end his career. This storyline could also be a great opportunity to help bring up some midcard babyfaces by having them rescue Ric Flair from defeat.

There's also talks about having Ric Flair get one final run as the world champion. That's not really necessary, though. He's never really demanded a title reign to end his career. All he wants is to be involved in a storyline leading up to a high profile match at Wrestlemania. WWE can fulfill his wish and boost interest in the product a bit by doing this storyline properly.

Triple H has been pushing to turn heel once again. He feels a lot more comfortable as a heel and believes that he's more needed in that role.

With John Cena still expected to miss Wrestlemania because of his injury, there are talks about having Shawn Michaels headline Wrestlemania 24.

A surprising move that WWE did was to announce that new on-screen buddies Triple H and Jeff Hardy were going to face one another at Armageddon.

Former TNA star Leticia Cline may be in talks with WWE.

On the Howard Stern show, she stated that is currently talking to WWE about signing with them. She was released from TNA not too long ago after being a backstage interviewer for approximately a year.

Leticia Cline is a former Playboy model who has also done modeling work for Maxim magazine.

On a side note, she did get naked on the Howard Stern show. She also played with some sexual toys and had phone sex with Howard Stern.

Former WWE and WCW star, Sid (aka Sid Vicious and Sid Justice), confirmed on a radio talk show Sunday night that he was in discussions with WWE about a comeback.

He worked a few independent wrestling shows this year in preparations of a return.

A few weeks back, there were reports that the drug test was the main reason why Sid was not brought back. Since WWE was getting considerable heat from the media about wrestlers being on drug at the time, management decided to ask Sid if he could pass a drug test. He wisely informed them that he might not pass. The belief now is that both sides are waiting for his system to clear.

Also on the show, Sid mentioned that he prefers to go to WWE instead of TNA because his goal is to work a match in front of 80,000 fans again. He’s probably talking about Wrestlemania next year in Orlando, Florida.

TNA has plans to put Robert Roode together with Christian Cage in a brand new stable.

The idea for now is to keep AJ Styles and Tomko together with Kurt Angle (known as the Angle Alliance). Christian Cage would then form another version of the Christian Coalition to feud with the Angle Alliance.

Right now, Robert Roode is the only rumored member of the new stable. If management decides to turn Chris Harris into a heel, then he could possibly be included as well. James Storm has always had nice on-screen chemistry with Christian Cage, so he’s a possibility as well.

TNA has been in talks with MMA star Bob Sapp about joining the promotion.

Bob Sapp has wrestled for New Japan Pro Wrestling. Plus, he was in the Longest Yard movie with Steve Austin, Goldberg, and Kevin Nash.

It’ll be interesting to see if WWE will try to talk to him again as well. It’s no secret that Vince McMahon has been trying to sign Bob Sapp to a WWE contract for a while now.