WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

WWE's creative team totally lost it...

no offense to Edge, because he deserves every success that comes his way...

but c'mon WWE should have seen that they could have created a whole new superstar with all their bonafide stars getting injured...

they could have made Jeff Hardy a real star if they would've given him the title..

with most of their stars injured, including HHH, HBK, Undertaker, Mr. Kennedy, who's left to carry the company???

i guess it's up to Vince's boy again... Vanilla Ice himself.... :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

well that just mean one thing for me... more TNA!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

LAX RULES!!!!

eto na, babyface na si kennedy!!!!

Speedy recovery for Kennedy?

By Zack Zeigler

Written: May 9, 2007Edge may not want to get too comfortable wearing the World Heavyweight Championship around his Rated-R waist. WWE.com has received word that the initial prognosis for Mr. Kennedy’s arm injury was overstated.

Based on Kennedy’s extensive MRI at the Birmingham, Ala., offices of Dr. James Andrews, WWE’s Dr. Ferdinand Rios now reports that the SmackDown Superstar’s triceps tendon “was not torn from the bone as originally reported, and will not require surgery.”

Due to the severity of Kennedy’s hematoma — a collection of blood within a tissue or organ — he is still not cleared to compete from a medical standpoint.

“He’s still vulnerable to injury and the arm remains badly swollen,” said Dr. Rios. “I’d expect him to be out of action for about six to eight weeks.”

Upon hearing the positive report, WWE.com caught up with the former Money in the Bank holder. Though clearly relieved, he’s already shifting his focus from a likely six months of recovery time to plotting his next move.

“This is great news for me; I don’t have a torn muscle,” Kennedy said. “But the good news for me is really, really bad news for Edge. He took something from me…took advantage of my unfortunate situation. Now he and everyone else have just a short amount of time to worry about what I’m going to do when I get back.”

Edited by ayasadai

No face for Kennedy I hope. Hope they make it like who's the worse heel.... that would be good for WWE. Heel vs heel... competing for the loudest negative pops.

As for ECW... maybe what WWE needs more than a DX part trois or a New(er) World (re-)Order is an ECW UPRISING!

Edited by sunking
What I don't get with ECW is the way they are handling CM Punk nowadays...

It's just not the right way to handle the future (or perhaps the present) of that brand.

CM PUNK is having alot of heat in the backstage with some of the superstars and writers. thus the mishandling. i read somewhere that Punk has an attitude problem, similar to orton's. thats why orton's career isnt going anywhere as of the moment.

eto na, babyface na si kennedy!!!!

Here's a full report on what went on during the taker/kennedy injuries :cool:

(except for the more recent news that kennedy's injury isn't that serious)

Kennedy was scheduled to win the Title on Tuesday after Undertaker was reported hurt. When they found out he was injured, they panicked and replaced him with Edge.

Originally, Kennedy was going to Cash in at this years wrestlemania, until taker got hurt. Taker was told he might hold it till wrestlemania, at least to Survior series.

Vince didn't want Batista to regain the title, but as a top Babyface feuding with heels not in the title scene.

Edge, randy orton, edge were all possible candidates to feud with taker. MVP was less ready and wasn't given the mega push.

Hayes doesn't see benoit as a top guy or main eventer. He is locked to remain middle card the rest of his WWE career.

Kane was a possibility, but has a bad knee and didn't want to take the risk.

Henry was out of the discussion

HHH put a nix on the idea of it b eing Edge, and there was a strong feeling this was the wrong time to put the title on Orton, both for the feeling he doesn't deservice and it and because it would send a horrible message. The plans were for HHH to work with both edge and orton for his return, which had been changed away from that, and in recent weeks, was changed back again. Right now, the plans for his return are not necessarily put michaels b ack with him, as they want micahels and Cena to work a longer singles program.

Also, HHH wants him to go back heel, although he reconizes he needs to first do a few month babyface run after his injury return.

There is some talk now of a Raw heel side that would have three monsters, Umaga, Great Khali, and snitsky, while HHH would b e wrestling the heel on top having the long PPV matches and eventaully getting a title reign.

Kennedy suffered the full right Triceps tear working a trips main event teaming with finlay and mvp vs. Kane, batista, and benoit on 5/5 in Pughkeepsie. The second house show that day in that city.

The decision was made to shoot an immediate angle with edge, since it actually followed something teased between the two at backlash that wasn't meant to be followed up on.

The eventaul decision was made that they still had Orton to feud with HHH in july, and that aside from a program with HHH (which edge didn't want because he understood where he would stand as simply being a stepping stone) Edge had already worked with every babyface on Raw. STill, at least one-time DX. Vs. Rko match coming out of the blocks in theory would be the company's biggest match of the summer and it looks to be given up..

Getting edge, the company's consensus MVP of 2006, was considered a major coup for the smackdown side. AT raw, the description of him when he found out about the decision was that he was "ear-to-ear smiling" about his run as world champion as well as keeping him away from a program that could have hurt him.

They plan on feuding edge and kennedy when kennedy comes back. The idea of him losing the MITB was to create a scenario where kennedy loses in a gutsy manner. The idea was to try and replicate wrestlemania 13 and the bret hart vs. steve austin match which turned the corner on austin as a babyface. Of course, you can't fully scrip those things and they are once in a generation type moments. They are hopeful of him being back before the end of the year****note news changed about his injury earlier this week***, and the current plan was him to return as a babyface. Last year, when he was getting cheered in a title match against Batista there was talk about turning him face, but it was nixed as being too early. Others say Kennedy was also inadverently cooled off because he was considered a political ally and close with Paul Heyman. He is being told he will return on the raw roster when he returns. HHH will have likely turned and he could be as high as the number 3 babyface on raw, behind cena and michals.

He goes on saying the WWE WHC title is cursed, lol.

wm23 becamse the biggest ppv in prowrestling history, with 1.2 million worldwide buys, approx. 768k domestic buy and a total company gross of 24.3 million, which would approx 48.6 million world wide gross.

Another WWE Superstar on his way out!

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

As things currently stand, Rob Van Dam will be finished with WWE after the One Night Stand pay-per-view on June 3rd in Jacksonville, Florida. While WWE Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis was told to re-sign RVD and made an effort to do so, negotiations have ended, and RVD will be leaving the company.

Bad blood has brewing between Laurinaitis and RVD since Laurinaitis was going over the new company policy that talent could not leave the arena on TV days due to the fact that Sylvan Grenier got a speeding ticket after rushing back to the arena after leaving to go to the gym. During the meeting, RVD sarcastically asked the question if they could go to the gym in the morning before the shows.

Perhaps the breaking point in Van Dam’s relationship with WWE occurred after he learned of the re-forming of ECW and asked to get off of the RAW brand to head the resurrection of ECW and what really happened after that. Also, RVD had asked for time off after signing, citing how WWE offered Big Show a deal where he’d be paid for merchandising rights without having to work for a year. People within WWE felt that to be a dangerous precedent and refused to add that stipulation to his contract.

RVD felt that WWE had limited what he can do in the ring and refused to push him in comparison to Bobby Lashley, when Van Dam felt like he was over way more than Lashley. While RVD’s WWE finale will be before his contract actually expires, he’ll be paid until the end of his contract, but will be off of television to prevent him from working with TNA fresh off his stint with WWE.

At this point RVD is looking at working a limited schedule and make some money from special appearances and autograph signings. RVD also wants to take some time to spend with his wife, whom he has said to love to death, and hates being away from.

Here it comes... I guess the ECW Revolution is more something like an Exodus from Egypt .... :thumbsdownsmiley:

And then TNA is going to treat us to WONDERFUL new programming where PPV's are telecast cut in half, promos replayed over and over.

Why is LAX the best tag team? Because there really isn't any other tag team around except for Team 3D. Talent-wise and performance-wise, TNA is really good. Production-wise and development-wise, they have a loooong way to go. And isn't production part of the entertainment value of pro-wrestling?

For Pro-Wrestling Newbs

see i said newbs, so you old time smarks are exempted.

Found an exchange on pro-wrestling board that might be interesting for you guys: (Answers were provided by a worker who goes around the US indy circuit)

Q: How does it all work? Lets say Stone cold and Hart are set to have a match and the outcome will be Steve winning, do they have every move planned out before they enter or do they just go with each other?

A. Depends on the workers. Some go completely in the ring. Some do a complete workup of the match prior. Some say hey, we need to do this spot, this spot, this this this and we'll fill the rest while in the ring. Look at most of the headlocks, pull back on the neck/knee in the back moves (resting positions) these are times they use to talk to each other where you can't really see the faces of the one on top, they are quite often looking down, although, sometimes not. Again, depends on the workers.

Q: When they get on the mic, do they say whatever they want as long as they get the point they were told to get across or are their words scripted?

A: Again depends on the workers. Some guys can go completely from the hip, improv it all. Some guys need a script, some script some and improv some.

Q: How do so many wrestlers get their forehead cut open, what do they do to make it bleed to easily?

A:Corner of exacto knife blade usually wrapped in wrist wrap they will take out when needed, usually while down and somewhat hidden from sight. Some are precut with vaseline put on it, once you start working, and it's time for you to bleed, you pull it open, it starts to flow.

Q: When you see the medics come out and throw a neck brace on someone and take them away, is they scripted or does it turn real at that point?

A: Owen Hart, real, the rest, mainly scripted. They will always cover the real s@%t up as best they can and turn it into a part of the script so it is always difficult to tell if they really got hurt, didn't etc... Good idea is to always read the news on www.wwe.com and you'll know who is actually out for awhile. A lot of times they know they are leaving for surgery and they will "get hurt" and that gives them a reason to be out for surgery for 6 to 9 months and it still feeds into the storyline.

There is barely any new talent with promise on WWE. MVP sucks, Kennedy would have made it if not for some malicious manipulations.

Hell, whatever WWE has right now is just a mix of sex (divas dolled up) and a few feuds cooked up for a bit of excitement. And then push Vince for an ECW hold until someone big enough comes along. This guy was badly hurted in the DX matchup last year we all know he isn't even doing some old stunts. That is why Umaga is there.

I don't know about you guys, but i feel sleepy watching WWE these days. Undertaker vs Batista is a good run. The Hardys are ok, Cryme Tyme also, and don't forget the rabid wolverine. The rest are just loudmouths wanting a piece of the action.

the 80's and 90's were so much better. :goatee:

WWE shareholders meeting Report

WWE held their 2007 shareholders meeting today in Connecticut. Vince McMahon addressed many questions from the audience. Highlights are below.

- Said that WWE had a good year but that he wasn't satisfied and never will be. He said that some things they tried didn't work but that happens and that their goal is always to look to the long term.

- Talked about WWE Films. He really blasted Lionsgate for how they marketed The Condemned, basically blaming them for the film's lack of success. He went as far as to say that they "sabatoged" the film. He said that they never promoted Steve Austin as the star, never properly explained what the story was about in the poster and trailers, and said that nobody outside of the WWE fanbase knew about the film. He put over 20th Century Fox for the job they did on The Marine. He said that WWE is close to reaching a new deal with Fox which will see two theatrical releases and several DVD releases. He said that he doesn't want to do anymore R rated films. He also said that with their current financial model for films, it is very hard for them to lose money on any of them.

- He talked about WWE expanding into MMA, saying that they considered it but have decided against it. He said that MMA is everywhere it can be right now and that it will burn out soon. He said that MMA has no major stars and that it is difficult to invest in a fighter because all that investment can be undone if he loses or gets knocked out. He said the upside isn't there for MMA or boxing in terms of WWE going in those directions.

- He talked about the XFL, saying that the failure has not humbled him. He once again said that if NBC had not of backed out, the league would have been a success. He said that NBC backing out made all their other TV partners nervous and caused the demise of the league.

- Said the brand extension will continue despite the tri-branded PPVs. Said that injuries forced them to adapt.

- Said that he doesn't think having so many titles dilutes them. He said that having as many title matches on a PPV as possible gives the consumer a good value and that is needed with the increased PPV prices.

- Said that the ECW brand has not met his expectations. He did add that it takes time to build a brand and that ECW has a bright future.

- He put over WWE's international plans, saying they want to get more involved in South America and China, and that Linda McMahon is going to China in July.

- Said that WWE has tested high definition and will be going to it within the next year.

- Said there will be an upcoming WWE event called "Night of Champions" where every match will be a title match.

- Said that PPV is headed in a direction where everyone will eventually watch them online or through other digital means and that the middle man of PPV providers will be eliminated.

- Said that the cable companies are happy with WWE 24/7 but that WWE hasn't put enough energy behind it yet.

- He said that there is an effort going on in the company right now to delegate more of his duties to other people because it isn't wise to have so much responsibility fall completely on him. He said that if your last name is McMahon or Levesque, you have a good chance at succeeding him.

- Said he doesn't have time to do a book on his life.

- Said that WWE is trying to get back to the fundamentals inside the ring and that the in-ring product will be a place of big improvement over the next year.

- Put over WWE's production and said they will continue to get better in that department.

- Said that TNA can succeed as a "niche product" but added that their biggest mistake would be to try and compete with WWE. He said he doesn't have time to watch their product. Said that TNA needs to produce a different product to succeed.

- Said that using celebrities has its place but only sometimes, since promoting celebrities takes away from promoting regular wrestlers. He mentioned how WCW never had success using celebrities.

- Said that he "doubts" WWE will ever follow the route of other major American companies and work with companies in terrorist states

From 411 mania

For Pro-Wrestling Newbs

Q: How do so many wrestlers get their forehead cut open, what do they do to make it bleed to easily?

A:Corner of exacto knife blade usually wrapped in wrist wrap they will take out when needed, usually while down and somewhat hidden from sight. Some are precut with vaseline put on it, once you start working, and it's time for you to bleed, you pull it open, it starts to flow.

nice info bro! and just to add up to this, sometomes the REF hands the knife/blade over to the wrestler and once the wrestler cuts himself on the forehead, he gives it back. :upside:

- He talked about WWE expanding into MMA, saying that they considered it but have decided against it. He said that MMA is everywhere it can be right now and that it will burn out soon. He said that MMA has no major stars and that it is difficult to invest in a fighter because all that investment can be undone if he loses or gets knocked out. He said the upside isn't there for MMA or boxing in terms of WWE going in those directions.

good

Vinnie Mac should stay away from MMA, he'll turn it into sh!t.

LOL @ MMA having no major stars.

Y2J TO RETURN TO WWE

On a Jericho Return to the WWE

Yes George, I agree that Chris Jericho returning sooner than later would be a welcomed sight for many. However, this is a decision that the intelligent and talented Jericho must make for himself. If Chris is not mentally ready to return to the grind then it won’t work. Some guys get off the road and never are able to adjust fully to a full time travel schedule again. I don’t think Chris fits in that category and I would love to see him back on TV in the future. If I was forced to make a wager I would take the “over” that Jericho is back, perhaps as early as this year. And no I don’t have any “inside” information. Sorry to you Oliver Stones out there. Perhaps this is simply wishful thinking on my part.

the only solution to the WWE right now

is get wrestlers who actually know how to wrestle

and fire the writers for coming up with horrible crap, I mean Khali!? khali can't take bumps, he botches slaps to the chest for crying out loud

get some legit wrestlers in the WWE and not just roided out muscle bound freaks whose power move is a fireman's carry.