WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

Catching up with Paul Bearer

By Brett Hoffman

Written: April 11, 2007

After 15 years in the wrestling business, Percy Pringle was determined to step up to the major leagues of sports-entertainment. Nearly two decades ago, Percy walked into WWE headquarters for an interview that he hoped would help him accomplish that very goal. Little did he know that shortly thereafter he would become Paul Bearer, and was about to embark on a journey that would take him to the top of the wrestling world.

As a mortician prior to his life in wrestling, Paul Bearer was a perfect fit for his role as manager of a young, ghoulish looking character known as Undertaker. In the decade and change that followed their union in 1991, the chemistry between Bearer and The Deadman would carry them to unforeseen heights, which included multiple championships and a place in history as one of the most successful duos to grace a WWE arena.

While managing Undertaker, Bearer enjoyed some of the most memorable experiences of his career. The urn-carrying manager cites many overseas tours, including a trip to London’s Wembley Stadium in 1992 for SummerSlam, and multiple appearances at WrestleMania as just a few highlights of his lengthy WWE tenure. One of the proudest moments of his career however, came outside of the ring during an early edition of Bearer’s talk show segment, appropriately titled The Funeral Parlor.

“I have a picture of it hanging on my wall,” said Bearer. “Ric Flair had just joined the company, and I had both him and Hulk Hogan in The Funeral Parlor at the same time. As I was standing there with these two legends on either side of me, I thought to myself, ‘Where do I go from here? This is the top of the mountain.’ I’ll never forget it.”

Over the years, Bearer and Undertaker severed ties on many occasions, only to reunite in grand fashion to the delight of WWE fans. One of the most emotional nights of Bearer’s career took place in Madison Square Garden at WrestleMania XX when, after an extended hiatus, he was once again reunited with Undertaker. As Bearer explained to WWE.com, his dramatic return almost never took place due to a particular issue with his health that threatened not only his career, but also his life.

“I weighed 525 pounds,” remembered Bearer. “When I left the road, I had a lot of problems. My wife was sick, I was depressed, and I gained a lot of weight. I was a big man for a lot of the years that I managed Undertaker, but I carried it well. At this point though, I could barely walk around my house.”

Bearer continued, detailing the phone call that would change his life forever.

“I got a call asking if I wanted to come back,” recalled Bearer. “I told them I would love to, but I didn’t think there was any way I could get back on the road in my condition. They asked what they could do to help me, so I told them about the gastric bypass surgery.”

Knowing that Bearer didn’t have the money or insurance to cover the costs of the expensive and risky surgery, WWE made Bearer an offer he couldn’t refuse.

“A few days later, I received another call,” said Bearer. “They said that they would really like to have me back, and so, as a signing bonus they offered to pay for the surgery. To make a long story short, I had the surgery and lost 240 pounds. The surgery saved my life, and without it, you wouldn’t be hearing from me today.”

Today, several years after his last appearance on WWE TV, Bearer has returned to his original trade in the funeral service industry. Toting a degree in mortuary science and a license he continually renewed during his years on the road, Bearer manages a full service funeral home in his hometown of Mobile, Ala.

“I’m the boss,” said Bearer. “I’m the managing funeral director, and I oversee all the operations within our crematory, cemetery and mausoleum. I also am an embalmer, and I offer grief counseling. I handle families from the time the person dies, until we put them in the ground.”

Believe it or not, Bearer draws on his experience in the world of sports-entertainment when preparing for a funeral service.

“The funeral isn’t for the dead person,” said Bearer. “It’s almost like a show for the living. There’s a distinct parallel between this and a WWE show. When WWE comes to town, they need to coordinate with the arenas and arrange for promotion of the event. When I set up a funeral, I need to coordinate plans with the church, the minister and the families. It’s a very similar procedure.”

Outside of the funeral home, Bearer likes to keep a finger on the pulse of the wrestling business. The veteran of the squared circle owns and operates his own promotion down south. Bearer boasts a mission statement to “celebrate tradition and set new standards,” all under the watchful eye of one of sports-entertainment’s most knowledgeable personalities.

Through his promotion, Bearer is able to stay close to the fans that cheered for him and Undertaker for so many years. A humble Bearer offers a simple message to those fans that followed his career.

“Thank you for giving me the opportunity to entertain you.”

post-23387-1178018803.jpg

post-23387-1178018817.jpg

Wow! This is so cool! One of the WWE's biggest secrets: Paul Bearer is really THE undertaker. Hahahahah! Thanks for this post dude.

Catching up with Paul Bearer

By Brett Hoffman

Written: April 11, 2007

After 15 years in the wrestling business, Percy Pringle was determined to step up to the major leagues of sports-entertainment. Nearly two decades ago, Percy walked into WWE headquarters for an interview that he hoped would help him accomplish that very goal. Little did he know that shortly thereafter he would become Paul Bearer, and was about to embark on a journey that would take him to the top of the wrestling world.

As a mortician prior to his life in wrestling, Paul Bearer was a perfect fit for his role as manager of a young, ghoulish looking character known as Undertaker. In the decade and change that followed their union in 1991, the chemistry between Bearer and The Deadman would carry them to unforeseen heights, which included multiple championships and a place in history as one of the most successful duos to grace a WWE arena.

While managing Undertaker, Bearer enjoyed some of the most memorable experiences of his career. The urn-carrying manager cites many overseas tours, including a trip to London’s Wembley Stadium in 1992 for SummerSlam, and multiple appearances at WrestleMania as just a few highlights of his lengthy WWE tenure. One of the proudest moments of his career however, came outside of the ring during an early edition of Bearer’s talk show segment, appropriately titled The Funeral Parlor.

“I have a picture of it hanging on my wall,” said Bearer. “Ric Flair had just joined the company, and I had both him and Hulk Hogan in The Funeral Parlor at the same time. As I was standing there with these two legends on either side of me, I thought to myself, ‘Where do I go from here? This is the top of the mountain.’ I’ll never forget it.”

Over the years, Bearer and Undertaker severed ties on many occasions, only to reunite in grand fashion to the delight of WWE fans. One of the most emotional nights of Bearer’s career took place in Madison Square Garden at WrestleMania XX when, after an extended hiatus, he was once again reunited with Undertaker. As Bearer explained to WWE.com, his dramatic return almost never took place due to a particular issue with his health that threatened not only his career, but also his life.

“I weighed 525 pounds,” remembered Bearer. “When I left the road, I had a lot of problems. My wife was sick, I was depressed, and I gained a lot of weight. I was a big man for a lot of the years that I managed Undertaker, but I carried it well. At this point though, I could barely walk around my house.”

Bearer continued, detailing the phone call that would change his life forever.

“I got a call asking if I wanted to come back,” recalled Bearer. “I told them I would love to, but I didn’t think there was any way I could get back on the road in my condition. They asked what they could do to help me, so I told them about the gastric bypass surgery.”

Knowing that Bearer didn’t have the money or insurance to cover the costs of the expensive and risky surgery, WWE made Bearer an offer he couldn’t refuse.

“A few days later, I received another call,” said Bearer. “They said that they would really like to have me back, and so, as a signing bonus they offered to pay for the surgery. To make a long story short, I had the surgery and lost 240 pounds. The surgery saved my life, and without it, you wouldn’t be hearing from me today.”

Today, several years after his last appearance on WWE TV, Bearer has returned to his original trade in the funeral service industry. Toting a degree in mortuary science and a license he continually renewed during his years on the road, Bearer manages a full service funeral home in his hometown of Mobile, Ala.

“I’m the boss,” said Bearer. “I’m the managing funeral director, and I oversee all the operations within our crematory, cemetery and mausoleum. I also am an embalmer, and I offer grief counseling. I handle families from the time the person dies, until we put them in the ground.”

Believe it or not, Bearer draws on his experience in the world of sports-entertainment when preparing for a funeral service.

“The funeral isn’t for the dead person,” said Bearer. “It’s almost like a show for the living. There’s a distinct parallel between this and a WWE show. When WWE comes to town, they need to coordinate with the arenas and arrange for promotion of the event. When I set up a funeral, I need to coordinate plans with the church, the minister and the families. It’s a very similar procedure.”

Outside of the funeral home, Bearer likes to keep a finger on the pulse of the wrestling business. The veteran of the squared circle owns and operates his own promotion down south. Bearer boasts a mission statement to “celebrate tradition and set new standards,” all under the watchful eye of one of sports-entertainment’s most knowledgeable personalities.

Through his promotion, Bearer is able to stay close to the fans that cheered for him and Undertaker for so many years. A humble Bearer offers a simple message to those fans that followed his career.

“Thank you for giving me the opportunity to entertain you.”

^ i think that's a foregone conclusion. i think (if im not mistaken) the nearest contract to expire would be the 'pot' smoking duo of RVD and Sabu. I would expect them to be at TNA sooner or later.

so, Sabu would be back to TNA..after coming from TNA to WWE to TNA uli..

it would be good to see another RVD versus Angle match...hehehhe

:boo:

Edge is once again Mr. Money In The Bank after he defeated Mr. Kennedy at Raw...

Kennedy is injured actually so that explains the storyline...

WHAAAAT?! NOOOOOO!!!

I hope Kennedy gets all better, and I HOPE the writers flesh this storyline out into a real good rivalry... The Mouth versus The Jaw (or Chin).

WWE News: Company lose another major star to injury

Submitted by Stu Starrs on Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at 8:20 AM EST

World Wrestling Entertainment have lost another main-event player to injury, and that is rising SmackDown star Mr Kennedy.

Over the weekend, Kennedy suffered a major tricep tear at a house show in Poughkeepsie, New York and will be out for an estimated 5-7 months. This was the reason he lost the Money in the Bank briefcase to Edge on RAW last night and why he was subsequently laid out.

It's likely that Kennedy may return as a babyface taking into consideration how he was laid out by one of WWE's top heels.

Edge is now the World Heavyweight Champion in Smackdown

He used the Money in the Bank contract to beat the Undertaker, who was beaten up by Mark Henry after his Steel Cage match against Batista

Shades of the 2005 New Year's Revolution

Edge is now the World Heavyweight Champion in Smackdown

He used the Money in the Bank contract to beat the Undertaker, who was beaten up by Mark Henry after his Steel Cage match against Batista

Shades of the 2005 New Year's Revolution

What is this true? Very fast turn of events in the wwe? Mark Henry is still alive? What happened to the idea of the Undertaker being the champ for a long time? Did all of this happened in Smackdown or is there any pay per view that i missed?

Edited by peep_tom

OH ITS TRUE!

SMACKDOWN TAPING RESULTS MAY 11, 2007

Complete WWE Smackdown Taping Results (SPOILERS)

Posted by Larry Csonka on 05.08.2007

All of the action from the tapings!

Credit: Joe Arcurio, David Jakielo and PWInsider.com

Dark Match:

-Eddie Colon, the younger brother of Carlito and son of Carlos Colon, defeated Shannon Moore in a good competitive match after a flying bodypress.

Smackdown:

-Smackdown opens with a promo on The Undertaker defending the WWE World championship against Batista in a Steel Cage match.

-WWE United States champion Chris Benoit & Matt Hardy defeated MVP & Finlay in a solid 15 minute bout after Benoit pinned MVP. The heels worked on Hardy's knee for a good portion of the bout and he limped all the way to the back.

-Another Steel Cage Match promo.

-Michelle McCool defeated Jillian Hall with a spinning neckbreaker. Hall "sang a song" before the match started.

-Backstage, Teddy Long told Kristal Marshall to have Vickie Guerrero come to Smackdown next week. Guerrero's name was booed. A new "country looking team" (Freakin' Deacon - aka Fake Kane from Raw- and "Cousin Ray" - Terry Gordy's son Raw, both of whom most recently worked in Deep South Wrestling) appeared in the vignette and will be wrestling next week.

-They showed highlights of Edge capturing the Money in the Bank from Ken Kennedy on Raw.

-Michael Cole and JBL interviewed Ashley Massaro, who said she can't wait to get back in the ring to take care of Jillian Hall.

-Paul London, with Brian Kendrick defeated WWE Tag Team champion Domino, with Deuce and Cherry. London hit a dropsault on Deuce, knocking him off the apron, and landing on Domino following the flip for the pin.

-Another Steel Cage match promo.

-Kane (with Boogeyman and Little Boogey) defeated Dave Taylor (with William Regal) after a clothesline. Boogey clotheslined Regal right before the finish.

-Another Undertaker vs. Batista video promo.

-They announce Ozzy Osbourne will be performing live on Smackdown next week.

-Jimmy Wang Yang defeated WWE Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero in a Non-Title match after reversing a top rope powerbomb attempt. Said to be a good but short match.

*Another Undertaker vs. Batista package.

*Snitsky promo, which may have been just for the live Arena.

-The Undertaker vs. Batista for the WWE World championship inside a Steel Cage. They announced the match can be won by pinfall, submission or escape. Undertaker got a huge pop while Batista received a mixed reaction. Undertaker's arm is heavily braced and protected. Batista's right knee and quad is also taped up. The first five minutes saw some near falls. The crowd completely turned on Batista as he took control. Batista tried to escape but taker crotched him on the top rope. Taker took control for a moment, then both men hit each other with a clothesline and went down. Batista regained control of the match. Batista nearly scored a pinfall but Taker kicked up and regained control. He nailed a running clothesline in the corner then hit a big boot and a chokeslam for another near fall. Undertaker went for the Last Ride powerbomb but Barista countered and slammed Taker into the cage, busting him open. Batista nailed a spinebuster for a near fall. He tried to climb out of the cage but Undertaker caught him and nailed the Last Ride. Undertaker then tried to escape the cage. Batista began climbing out from another section of the cage, so both were trying to escape simultaneously. Both men hit the floor at the same time and it was announced as draw. Mark Henry came to ringside and attacked Taker.

-Edge came out and cashed in his Money in the Bank title shot and began beating Taker, getting several near falls. Undertaker sat up, but was speared in the sitting position by Edge, who scored the pin. Edge is the new WWE World champion. The place went absolutely insane for the title change. After the match, Edge laid out Undertaker with the suitcase. Crowd then turned on Edge. Eight Druids came to the ring and carried the unconscious Undertaker from the ring.

pag balik ata ni kennedy gagawin syang baby face kaya si edge ang umagaw ng money in the bank nya. as for the undertaker, he has a torn biceps and is scheduled for operation this week.

mas ok nga na mapunta si edge sa smackdown atleast fresh feuds. konti lang kasi ang top stars sa SD! di tulad ng RAW. :thumbsupsmiley: